Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-20-08, 11:32 AM   #13
AaronP
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: XV extension produce strange colors: hue missed up whith 169.09 drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anssi View Post
Since it seems common to assume that the middle of the value range is the default (including the attributes of NVIDIA other than XV_HUE), I'd suggest to make XV_HUE a range (-180,180) keeping 0-180 as it is and moving 181-360 to -180-0.
Just because it's common doesn't mean it's correct. This behavior has not changed since Xv support was added to the nv driver in XFree86.
AaronP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09, 07:52 AM   #14
pacho2

Unhappy Re: XV extension produce strange colors: hue missed up whith 169.09 drivers

I am also affected by this bug under my Gentoo system:
http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=236439

Are you sure Nvidia is choosing the proper option? Like pointed by Anssi, seems that nvidia drivers are requiring workarounds in many players for working properly with them. I am a bit tired of this endless dicussion between developers from totem and nvidia about how to handle this properly. Seems that this is broken since 2005, how many more years will we need to wait?

Thanks a lot for understanding it :-)
pacho2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 12:19 PM   #15
digit48

Default Re: XV extension produce strange colors: hue missed up whith 169.09 drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacho2 View Post
I am a bit tired of this endless dicussion between developers from totem and nvidia about how to handle this properly. Seems that this is broken since 2005, how many more years will we need to wait?
Well, there is actually some progress. Once that fix is released, at least totem won't "pro-actively" screw up your hue setting, though manually clicking "Reset to defaults" still will (associated bug).
digit48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 02:12 PM   #16
Anssi
Mageia packager

Send a message via MSN to Anssi

It seems there's wide support for XV_SET_DEFAULTS in X11 drivers. Therefore Aaron is right and all programs that mess up hue should be fixed to use XV_SET_DEFAULTS (i.e. use XvSetPortAttribute to set it to 0) instead of guessing default values.

As digit48 said in previous post, I fixed this partially for totem. To completely fix totem, support for XV_SET_DEFAULTS should be added to xine-lib and gstreamer. I'll be looking into it, but as I'm quite short on free time right now, don't expect results soon.
Anssi is offline   Reply With Quote