Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-19-08, 03:39 PM   #37
christos

Default Re: Yes, another "my 360 is dead" thread.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=33248

It seems the red ring of death has struck one of the 360's demoing the XNA games and the GDC.

I thought this was supposed to be under control with the latest models...or could they have been using an old model 360 to run the demos? The article states that it is unknown which model it was. Embarassing nonetheless.
Old 02-19-08, 04:47 PM   #38
DeusGear

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos

It seems the red ring of death has struck one of the 360's demoing the XNA games and the GDC.

I thought this was supposed to be under control with the latest models...or could they have been using an old model 360 to run the demos? The article states that it is unknown which model it was. Embarassing nonetheless.
The entire design of the console is completely retarded. The GPU uses non lead solder that melts at relativity low heat (compared to lead solder), the gpu is covered with a tiny plate of a heatsink, has a plastic piece in front which is supposed to pull heat via two fans, has no air intake besides a tiny vent on the right side which has two layers (metal and plastic sheet with tiny holes holes)and has a DVD drive on top of it!!! What they tried to do was extend the heatsink out from under the DVD drive to behind the cpu... except one little problem: now the cpu is absorbing beat from the gpu and the heat building up behind the cpu has nowhere to go.
8gb G.Skill
Win7
DeusGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-08, 07:12 PM   #39
brady
I'm like everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos

Sheesh. The person at microsoft who thought putting a 360 in a tiny plastic enclosure needs to be smacked.

C2D @ 3.0GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 4GB DDR2 | HIS AMD 6990 4GB | OS X Lion 10.7 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-08, 07:18 PM   #40
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady
Sheesh. The person at microsoft who thought putting a 360 in a tiny plastic enclosure needs to be smacked.
QFT. They should have come in CM Stackers. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 10:05 PM   #41
Slash310

forgot about this thread, but just thought id let you guys know that my 360 is no longer dead and is working perfectly, thanks to Serath. highly recommended if you need your xbox fixed.
Hard Drive: 2x 500GB WD
Video Card: EVGA GTX 260 Core 216
Sound Card: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
Monitor: Dell 3007WFP
Air Cooled Ultra-120 Extreme
PSN - Slash310
X360 - Slash310
Slash310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 02:05 AM   #42
Serath
Dark Mirth

Send a message via ICQ to Serath Send a message via AIM to Serath Send a message via Yahoo to Serath

Thanks for the shameless plug there, Slash. Glad all's well.
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 01:39 PM   #43
RaidenWoW
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusGear
The entire design of the console is completely retarded. The GPU uses non lead solder that melts at relativity low heat (compared to lead solder), the gpu is covered with a tiny plate of a heatsink, has a plastic piece in front which is supposed to pull heat via two fans, has no air intake besides a tiny vent on the right side which has two layers (metal and plastic sheet with tiny holes holes)and has a DVD drive on top of it!!! What they tried to do was extend the heatsink out from under the DVD drive to behind the cpu... except one little problem: now the cpu is absorbing beat from the gpu and the heat building up behind the cpu has nowhere to go.
You are completely correct. The only way to make this better is to do the 12v fan mod + x-clamp fix. It helps cool better and it gets rid of heat faster (even though it's a sucky ventilation system)
Old 05-05-10, 10:37 PM   #44
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by SysKonfig View Post
After bricking my 3rd Xbox with another RRoD I decided to fix it myself. I didn't use the xclamp and mine works fine now. So that's not the only way. I used this guide to fix both mine and my girlfriend's Xbox.
I call bull sh*t, mr I have one post and am trying to sell things. Also nice thread resurrection.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-10, 12:11 AM   #45
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard

Im on my 7th 360, and I barely use mine. Everytime I've made Microsoft replace it. This last time it scratched my game up, and they sent me a new 360 + some stickers + 1500 gamer points... I've got the Elite version... Microsoft can be a pain, but I cursed at them for a few hours, seems to work everytime. I be damned if I spend 400 bucks for my console to just play out.
Old 05-06-10, 08:53 AM   #46
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

The one I have, which is really my girl's, is from about a year after launch and it has had no problems at all. I think the key is proper ventilation.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 03:25 PM   #47
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
The one I have, which is really my girl's, is from about a year after launch and it has had no problems at all. I think the key is proper ventilation.
Not the key. I take great care of my stuff and I have personally been through 2 360s... on my third now which I never play... but the second one I had played for... maybe 100 hours before it broke down again.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 03:47 PM   #48
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Same here, I cleaned and looked after mine. It died. Then my PS3, not to be out done died as well. Now waiting for my PC to one up them all and attempt to burn this mother****er down.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote