Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-04-08, 11:37 PM   #37
Rakeesh

Default Re: Maces....swords?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
Alphawolf...
I also have to say...that you very confident in your toon atm....thats awesome!
Have you taken a toon to 70 yet?
Well, I am confident in my toon, but I have yet to master it. PVP on the field is one thing because often you have the element of surprise, and I am particularly good at that, but I am not particularly good at dueling nor have I tried arena yet.

I am pretty confident in it though because I have already seen what other druids can do. They know when and where to shift between bear and cat in battle whereas I mostly just stick to cat, they know when to throw bleeds and dots, etc.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-08, 11:41 PM   #38
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Well....all this talk of noob and toon and QQ took me back to the good old days.
And believe me...thats taking me back quite sometime!
8 years since I left year 12... Seems like a lifetime. I make up for it by acting like I'm still in Primary.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-08, 11:52 PM   #39
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Well, I am confident in my toon, but I have yet to master it. PVP on the field is one thing because often you have the element of surprise, and I am particularly good at that, but I am not particularly good at dueling nor have I tried arena yet.

I am pretty confident in it though because I have already seen what other druids can do. They know when and where to shift between bear and cat in battle whereas I mostly just stick to bear, they know when to throw bleeds and dots, etc.
PVP is always a surprise....
I have done hundreds of BG's and yet everytime I go into a new battle I never know how its going to turn out.
I know what a class is capable of, but I dont know thier talent spec or how they are going to play me..

The only way to get good at PVP in my opinion is by going into BG's and experiencing it out of world PVP.
Well...its def helped for me anyway.

To be honest, in the OL the most I have had to do with druids is when they are either tanking or healing in and instance or raid Im in.
I have had a lot of friends that heave levelled Druids and then have specced them resto or feral and used them purely just as tanks and healers.
Old 02-05-08, 12:46 AM   #40
Rakeesh

Quote:
The only way to get good at PVP in my opinion is by going into BG's and experiencing it out of world PVP.
Well...its def helped for me anyway.
I've done BGs, and I do them well actually. In fact I took a little screenie of my last victory because I was so proud of it Note who got every cap.

Admittedly I was focusing on nothing but the flag (hey, its part of winning, and I don't care what anybody says, nobody but NOBODY can beat druids when it comes to flag running...too many reasons) but in a typical BG it commonly happens that my DPS is among the highest, even when the horde side loses, and my killing blows count almost always outnumber my deaths by quite a large margin.

But still, dueling is just not easy for me at all, and I am not even going to bother trying arena until I am able to do better at it. I've been having people in my guild help me out with that a bit, and I am definitely getting better at it.

FWIW I still haven't even figured out the macro thing yet, just haven't spent time on it. I don't use any macros right now, nor even bindings. I'm all clicking and number keys. In spite of that though, I still have a massive advantage over some idiot allies that use the a and d keys to turn, lol. It's funny running behind them and watching them slowly turn while you claw away their health.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_020208_234415.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	30130  

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 02-05-08, 10:14 AM   #41
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

I demoralize my enemies on the field of battle with a constant stream of moonfire/starfire/wrath as they try to attack some other target. Never far behind are my small army of trees that are handy to have around.

Feral PvP is dead to me. Unless its to grind honor/tokens for a PvP epic thats better than what I can get for PvE, my feral sticks to PvE encounters where he shines. Did arena long enough for the s3 chest, and might stop.

Still enjoy bringing my doomkin out in PvP, and he almost has his 4 piece bonus for that extra speed goodness.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-08, 04:19 PM   #42
Dvahlish

Quote:
I've done BGs, and I do them well actually. In fact I took a little screenie of my last victory because I was so proud of it Note who got every cap.

Admittedly I was focusing on nothing but the flag (hey, its part of winning, and I don't care what anybody says, nobody but NOBODY can beat druids when it comes to flag running...too many reasons) but in a typical BG it commonly happens that my DPS is among the highest, even when the horde side loses, and my killing blows count almost always outnumber my deaths by quite a large margin.

But still, dueling is just not easy for me at all, and I am not even going to bother trying arena until I am able to do better at it. I've been having people in my guild help me out with that a bit, and I am definitely getting better at it.

FWIW I still haven't even figured out the macro thing yet, just haven't spent time on it. I don't use any macros right now, nor even bindings. I'm all clicking and number keys. In spite of that though, I still have a massive advantage over some idiot allies that use the a and d keys to turn, lol. It's funny running behind them and watching them slowly turn while you claw away their health.

Your a stealther....its your job to take the caps and Flags.

WSG is not a fav of mine to be honest, but I agree druids make very good flag runners.

My Fav BG is EOTS or most def AB, where cap rates and node capture is faster and the game takes so many twists.
I find WSG to be long and drawn out at times.

When it comes to caps though....
Taking them is one thing, holding and defending the caps is actually the most important part.
This is the problem I used to come up against a lot in loower BG's...not so much now. Everyone wants to cap, everyone want to attack and make sure that they have the highest attack and killing blowe rate on the board but people forget how important good defense is!
Whats the point in capping if you cannot hold your nodes???

I have been in many Bg's where I may have scored 3 or 4th lowest DPS ingame and that will be because I have stood sealthed at a cap and defended it against anyone trying to take it back.

In my opinion, Good defense will make ot break a game.
Simple.

Your also at the top end of a 30-40 BG so it goes without saying that you should be showing the top end of the scale, if not.....then theres work that needs to be done, or you are up against a premade or twink team.
Old 02-05-08, 06:32 PM   #43
Dvahlish

AND!
This was a post about whether or not I should use maces or swords!???
WTF happend to that?
Noobs, toons, locks and how awesome Alphas druid is!???!! Hahaha

Yes I am now using maces.
Best move I have ever made.........Mace stun is sinly awesome and Im finding my DPS through the roof now.

Once at 70 Im going to conduct a new experiment and hold a fist weapon in my offhand and see how that goes
Old 02-05-08, 08:45 PM   #44
Phyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
Prob is talent point limits.... It's an extra 5 points one takes from elsewhere. As is one can be a fair bit limited in point placement. For instance, look at my rogue who is kara currently:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...7Thul&n=Picolo

I could use 3 more points in lethiality; but if I put them there, I'd probably have to dispense with the improved sap. Not such an issue in kara, as there aren't humanoids to sap there, but other instances.... If I were to do it again, perhaps one point out of weapon expertise could be placed there. Otherwise, I'd lose surprise attacks. Not exactly a lot of spare points to go around, in general.
You might want to try out a build like this for PvE stuff. When I was raiding, I never had improved sapped. You'll see a lot more improvement with this talent build as well. This is pretty much what I used while raiding and such.

This is for daggers, btw. When looking at your armory link, you have a 1.8 spd dagger in your offhand. I would highly suggest getting a faster offhand dagger for the offhand if you're not mutilate specced -- something in the 1.3-1.5 spd. range.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0ecohZhIV0bEz0MGotV

Due to having to bring home work and needing to concentrate on other areas in life, I quit raiding after we downed Ilidan for the first time.
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-08, 08:57 PM   #45
Rakeesh

Quote:
Your a stealther....its your job to take the caps and Flags.
Hmm...not because of stealth. Mainly because of speed. Snare and speed debuffs are nearly worthles against a druid, cat form has dash, and the travel form works from combat. Better yet is on the way back when the enemy are off your tail switch to cat and you have track to see if somebody is going to try to ambush you.

Relying on stealth to grab the flag isn't always a smart thing to do, especially horde side because nelf hunters like to camp there in stealth in pairs. When they see you come out they just trap and kill you.

What I do on a typical successful run is travel in there with a stack of say 6 or so, and wait to grab the flag until the heat of battle. Thus when I grab the flag, the defense has already burned a bunch of their spells with long cooldowns and have burned up their mana as well. Makes it easier just to ninja grab and then ninja cap. If your offensive force dies in there, big deal, now they can respawn on our side and help defend our flag. By the time they win or lose I am long gone.

Quote:
Your also at the top end of a 30-40 BG so it goes without saying that you should be showing the top end of the scale, if not.....then theres work that needs to be done, or you are up against a premade or twink team.
My first BG at 35 I had a similar score.

Old 02-05-08, 09:12 PM   #46
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyre
You might want to try out a build like this for PvE stuff. When I was raiding, I never had improved sapped. You'll see a lot more improvement with this talent build as well. This is pretty much what I used while raiding and such.

This is for daggers, btw. When looking at your armory link, you have a 1.8 spd dagger in your offhand. I would highly suggest getting a faster offhand dagger for the offhand if you're not mutilate specced -- something in the 1.3-1.5 spd. range.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0ecohZhIV0bEz0MGotV

Due to having to bring home work and needing to concentrate on other areas in life, I quit raiding after we downed Ilidan for the first time.
Not a dagger build, never have been.....not something that interests me.
Its been swords and maces all the way for me.....at 70, Im going to try fist weps as an experiment as well.

Daggers...meh....
Never been a rogue that like stealthiness as much as quick fast dps.
Max dmg, min time!
Old 02-06-08, 06:32 PM   #47
Rakeesh

Who says you can't do lots of damage at a lower level? Even joined late on this one to boot In spite of that they had a few obvious twinks, albeit not premade.

I did die a lot though that particular round tho.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vic.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	30160  

Old 02-06-08, 06:46 PM   #48
Dvahlish

Quote:
Who says you can't do lots of damage at a lower level? In spite of that they had a few obvious twinks, albeit not premade.

I did die a lot though that particular round tho.
Of course you can.
I dont tremeber saying that you cant.

I think my point was that if you are in a BG group of 30-40...and you are 39, its a high possibility that you are going to be at the high end of the damage table if you are in a group with of people 3-5 lvl lower and you.
(That is unless you are purely running about doing nothing)

Theres a twink or 2 in most BG's...
It happens on both sides, whatever floats thier boats I guess.
Hunter twinks are the worst to come across in my experience.