Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-07-08, 03:36 AM   #25
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon
Default Re: Army of Two

To my suprise I saw the game released here yesterday, so I picked it up and played it for a coupple of hours with my brother. Quite fun in Coop I must say
I like it.
But i keep reading this game is very short >_>

GFX is pretty good, not GoW but good enugh, too many lowres textures (trade mark of EA) and game suffers from some texture popups too. Conversations could have been alot better, they seem a bit pushed and not very natural, but no biggie, this is a shooter.

eheheheh
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 08:47 AM   #26
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

I got it yesterday too, and tried the single player and it was meh. Then I went online and tried the versus mode. It was a blast, I was actually doing well and me and my stranger buddy had developed some form of tactics and were winning when my baby got up from sleep and started crying. Went to pacify her and by the time I got back, I was out of the server and that ended my gaming for the night. Pretty typical of my gaming nights...lol
Old 03-07-08, 11:45 AM   #27
Ayepecks

Co-op = awesome fun.
Old 03-07-08, 01:01 PM   #28
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

I really like this game tbh, I love the whole aggro thing.

It's been done before in a sense in Brothers in Arms with the whole suppressive fire thing. Not exactly the same, but a similar feel and purpose.

It's like a cross between Gears , Brothers in Arms and Stranglehold. (It has the same gong noises and alot of the colouring is similar.)

I won't even try to play this in single player.... be a waste of time. This is co-op through and through.

Does anyone know if there are any differences between the 360 and PS3 version?
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 03:28 PM   #29
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

PS3 version comes in a smaller case.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 03:37 PM   #30
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
PS3 version comes in a smaller case.
and its on a Blu-Ray disc.
Old 03-07-08, 03:45 PM   #31
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Or so they lead us to believe. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 11:44 AM   #32
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Finally got to sit down and play the game co-op with a friend last night. Had a good time going through the maps and buying/upgrading weapons. The aiming feels a bit off but overall I think it's a solid game. Graphics could definitely use some work but it isn't too bad. I think the average of 7 out of 10 ratings is on point with my own opinion of the game.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-08, 01:50 PM   #33
ralinn
Masters

Hmm, dunno why but when someone says it's a "solid game".... I think "avoid".

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 05:49 AM   #34
1337_Like_ThaT
O.U.T.L.A.W.

Well having gotten into the first 2 campaign levels, all I can say is that the game is whatever, nothing special IMO, kind of on the boring side. I have yet to try the online co-op/vs. mode though, hopefully that will rectify the game for me, just waiting for a buddy of mine to pick it up so we can co-op soon

Gaming Rig
Inte Core 2 Duo 6700 @ 3.2ghz | EVGA nForce 680i | G.Skill DDR2 800mhz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0v | Western Digital RaptorX 150GB | Western Digital 500GB SATA II | EVGA 8800GTS 512MB | Plextor PX-716SA DVD-RW | Plextor PX-755SA DVD-RW DL | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 | Antec 900 BLK | Dell FPW 2005 20.1" WS | IceMat 2nd. Ed. MousePad | Logitech G15 | Logitech G9 |

160GB (60GB) PS3 Owner | DS3 Controllers | PSN: Res215dg
PSP 3000 Black + 16GB Memory Stick Duo *Locked and Ready for Resistance Retribution*
1337_Like_ThaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-08, 12:04 AM   #35
Tuork
Official pain in the ass

Send a message via MSN to Tuork

I gave the game a couple of hours over the weekend. Played split-screen co-op with a friend.

The game is a lot of fun, but it's certainly lacking in order for it to be a "must own" game.

First of, as many have mentioned, are the textures. Although the graphics are overall pretty good, they could've done with some crisper textures, specially when in the menu. When you're altering your appearance, or your gun, you can really notice the ****ty textures. They should've AT LEAST addressed this when you choose masks.

Gameplay is pretty cool. Aggro stuff is nice, but somehow you only really use it against either turrets or armoured foes. Some of the areas are pretty linear, so it would've been nice to flank enemies more often.
One thing that pisses me off is that enemies seem to have perfect aiming, even when doing blind firing over cover. I like the way GoW worked regarding this, where blind fire was all over the place. Also, GoW has much supperior covering than Army of Two.

Aiming is a bit rough around the edges, but it's manageable.

Weapons are ok, but it would be nice to see a bit more variety. Once you add upgrades, there really isn't much difference between assault rifles.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. It's a pretty effing cool game, but as I said, it's lacking in certain little aspects. Oh, and cut-scenes are beautiful. One thing I don't understand though, WHY THE FRACK IS NO ONE ADDING SYSTEM LINK TO GAMES?!?! Seriously, not all of us can dish out cash for Xbox Live Gold, plus, it's fun to be able to go to a mate's house for some LAN action.

Dimitri:
Dell XPS M1530
Core2Duo T5550 1.86Ghz | 3GB DDR2 | 8600M GT 256MB | 250GB Hdd | BenQ FP202W 20" LCD | MX1000 mouse | Inspire T5400 5.1
Tuork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-08, 09:58 AM   #36
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuork
I gave the game a couple of hours over the weekend. Played split-screen co-op with a friend.

The game is a lot of fun, but it's certainly lacking in order for it to be a "must own" game.

First of, as many have mentioned, are the textures. Although the graphics are overall pretty good, they could've done with some crisper textures, specially when in the menu. When you're altering your appearance, or your gun, you can really notice the ****ty textures. They should've AT LEAST addressed this when you choose masks.

Gameplay is pretty cool. Aggro stuff is nice, but somehow you only really use it against either turrets or armoured foes. Some of the areas are pretty linear, so it would've been nice to flank enemies more often.
One thing that pisses me off is that enemies seem to have perfect aiming, even when doing blind firing over cover. I like the way GoW worked regarding this, where blind fire was all over the place. Also, GoW has much supperior covering than Army of Two.

Aiming is a bit rough around the edges, but it's manageable.

Weapons are ok, but it would be nice to see a bit more variety. Once you add upgrades, there really isn't much difference between assault rifles.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. It's a pretty effing cool game, but as I said, it's lacking in certain little aspects. Oh, and cut-scenes are beautiful. One thing I don't understand though, WHY THE FRACK IS NO ONE ADDING SYSTEM LINK TO GAMES?!?! Seriously, not all of us can dish out cash for Xbox Live Gold, plus, it's fun to be able to go to a mate's house for some LAN action.
Should have gotten a PS3!

About the cutscenes. Does any notice that the volume is low on them?

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote