Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-06-08, 08:27 AM   #1
Tr1cK
not coming back

Default WoW: Moments of Pwn

I decided to kick off this thread to have a place to throw out some decent stories of pwnge. I'm not talking about a 60+ ganking all the 20s in Hillsbrad or anything like that, but moments where you shouldn't have lived but did or where you made some incredible moves.

Last night I was on my 37 Blood Elf hunter. I have just been focusing on leveling her and getting my Undercity rep up because I refuse to ride a chicken when I hit 40. Anyways, I was in Desolace and had just finished questing off the coast in the water killing naga. I was heading to the other side of the map to do a quick quest there before turning a bunch in.

A 38 Night Elf druid comes running up behind me and shifts from travel to cat form. He clearly wants a piece of me, but I just want to level and not waste time. I'm running along with aspect of the cheetah on so he can't catch me. The fool is running directly behind me. I drop a freezing trap which catches him and I keep on moving across the map.

I'm closing in on where I need to be and see that he is closing in on me. He must have used dash. Again, the fool is running directly behind me. Freezing trap catches him.

I hit my aspect of the hawk, send my pet to attack, and viper sting him to drain his mana. The pet gets there about the same time as the shots hit him and he runs up to me. I use scare beast on him (fears him) because he is in cat form. All this time, being beast mastery, my owl pet is tearing him up. The owl regularly does a huge chunk of dps on his own. He is down to less than half health so I refreshed viper sting because I know he wants to shift and heal. He shifts out and tries to cast a heal, but my owl is pushing back his cast bar. I run up to him and use my racial silence to totally stop him and then step back and finish him with an arcane shot.

This all took about 10 seconds to anhilate him. My pet was never touched by him and he only hit me once which barely scratched me. I gave him an lol and went about my business. It was just so funny how a higher level toon will chase me across the map just to get pwned in the matter of seconds.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 02:55 PM   #2
Phyre

Default Re: WoW: Moments of Pwn

I had a moment this week of which I was pretty proud. Lately, our battlegroup, Vindication, has been losing in AV quite repeatedly as of late. The horde turtle at Iceblood graveyard and the alliance just whine and moan and fail.

Well, in one similar game, I decided I would turn Tower Point. I was there in the tower a few minutes before a hordie decides to try and take it back. Mr. druid comes and starts the gears a goin'. So, I sap. Sap wears off, and I sap again. The second sap wears off, and I tear into Mr. druid. Of course, he's healing like a mofo through all the damage and interrupts like druids do these days. He jumps off 'cause he's about to die. I stay atop, get out of combat, and eat.

He comes back again. We fight, and a warlock shows up. I'm kinda fuzzy on the goings on here, but I did get the druid dead this time and proceed to work in the warlock who is soon pushing up daisies as well.

Then, there's the stun. A fellow rogue, however a horde, is trying to thwart me now. Amazingly, that rogue is dispensed with much fervor and the quickness.

At this point, a healy type priest shows up, and I can't see my health bar (I'm basically dead). However, the tower is captured. I did die, but It was great fun. I logged after that match as I had, had my fill of Vindication's alliance stupidity.
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 03:55 PM   #3
Dvahlish

Oh yeh...
There was this time I was in STV and a lvl 30 tried to gank me....but he was so noob and I was so leet that I went whacketty pow pow and he was dead.......

Seriously though....
A few nights ago in Nagrand I happened to ride past a fellow hordey that had been taken surprise by a lvl 70 NE Rogue called poppinfresh ( I did have to laugh at the name ....)
So I stealthed up and did all those lovely moves that everyone seems to love when a rogue gets ya from behind.
The great thing about it was that on this poor rogue everything seemed to proc at one....he got mace stunned, he got envenom, he got dazed....The poor guy didnt stand a chance.

I felt good, because I was helping out a fellow horde memeber and I was killing a rogue! (dont we all hate them?)
The funny thing is, poppinfresh canme back for another try and we pwned him again!
Victory twice!

I quested with the fellow hordey for the rest of ther night and hve him on my friends list...
So that was a bonus.

Not a fantastic tale of defeat but, it made me feel warm and fuzzy.
Old 02-06-08, 05:27 PM   #4
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
I decided to kick off this thread to have a place to throw out some decent stories of pwnge. I'm not talking about a 60+ ganking all the 20s in Hillsbrad or anything like that, but moments where you shouldn't have lived but did or where you made some incredible moves.

Last night I was on my 37 Blood Elf hunter. I have just been focusing on leveling her and getting my Undercity rep up because I refuse to ride a chicken when I hit 40. Anyways, I was in Desolace and had just finished questing off the coast in the water killing naga. I was heading to the other side of the map to do a quick quest there before turning a bunch in.

A 38 Night Elf druid comes running up behind me and shifts from travel to cat form. He clearly wants a piece of me, but I just want to level and not waste time. I'm running along with aspect of the cheetah on so he can't catch me. The fool is running directly behind me. I drop a freezing trap which catches him and I keep on moving across the map.

I'm closing in on where I need to be and see that he is closing in on me. He must have used dash. Again, the fool is running directly behind me. Freezing trap catches him.

I hit my aspect of the hawk, send my pet to attack, and viper sting him to drain his mana. The pet gets there about the same time as the shots hit him and he runs up to me. I use scare beast on him (fears him) because he is in cat form. All this time, being beast mastery, my owl pet is tearing him up. The owl regularly does a huge chunk of dps on his own. He is down to less than half health so I refreshed viper sting because I know he wants to shift and heal. He shifts out and tries to cast a heal, but my owl is pushing back his cast bar. I run up to him and use my racial silence to totally stop him and then step back and finish him with an arcane shot.

This all took about 10 seconds to anhilate him. My pet was never touched by him and he only hit me once which barely scratched me. I gave him an lol and went about my business. It was just so funny how a higher level toon will chase me across the map just to get pwned in the matter of seconds.
Wait wait, you are a hunter telling us a story about your pew pew? When you pwn someone while being a priest or a warrior then you can brag. Pwning with a hunter is like pushing a 2 year old down and taking his ba-ba and then starting a thread about it.

It is my duty to make fun of all hunTards in the world. Sorry, some one has to do it.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 06:05 PM   #5
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Wait wait, you are a hunter telling us a story about your pew pew? When you pwn someone while being a priest or a warrior then you can brag. Pwning with a hunter is like pushing a 2 year old down and taking his ba-ba and then starting a thread about it.

It is my duty to make fun of all hunTards in the world. Sorry, some one has to do it.
I dunno...he was proud of his acheievments and thats what this thread is all about yeh?

Besides...I can talk, Im a rogue...almost as bad.

I dont wanna be hearing no warlock stories though!!!!!
(Im sorry..that had to be said aswell)
Old 02-06-08, 07:28 PM   #6
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe

Hehe you jerk .....my warrior was always prot and never had a chance to pwn...and my druid is stuck on a pvp server, so theres no world pwnge.

My feat was swift pwnge of a fool that chased me down to pwn me!
Old 02-07-08, 06:36 PM   #7
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
he was so noob and I was so leet that I went whacketty pow pow and he was dead.......
That's going in my sig.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-08, 09:03 PM   #8
Son Goku

These were fun days... Back in my first guild, back when Gilthanas and I did most things together (OK, he wasn't here for this one, as he had bed before); but a bunch of us did a stint on pwning Thunderbluff. A tall bridge, MC, and stun locks, can == fun.

Back at the time, Aman'Thul was still a relatively new realm, and Resillience had just opened the gates to AQ, initiated the war effort event. As they had been the top guild, the entire realm was rather ungeared at the time cross realm BGs first opened up. We had people like Global who were near grand marshal on the realm (this, when they still had ranks), and in the end hit 18th place on the realm's PvP ladder, who was himself getting miserably pwned in the then new x-realm BGs against full tier 3. The tier 3 shamy, against a PvP geared paly, on a realm where no one had tier 1 at that point, was beyond annoying

To put this in perspective, the horde would just look (probably our gear), and laugh, not even taking the time to bother with serious fights. With a bunch of us planning it on vent, we managed to take a tier 3 down; at which point the horde stopped laughing at us, and just started 1 hitting for rest of BG. Global was annoyed, and ended up sending a complaint to Bliz about not matching up newer vs. older realms then, and what's the point with a non-established realm having to fight those who have been raiding for 2+ years.

OK, that's pwning more then anything else; except where a bunch of us even in greens managed to organize to take a tier 3 down. But what happened next, was we got frustrated, ticked off, and had it. So we changed to world PvP. We started with a raid on X-Roads, and no responce. So I, having an orc hunter on a dif realm, joked about how a raid on Thunderhoof Village would be about similar to when horde hits Goldshire. So we went there. No response, we finally headed up to Thunderbluff. This was at a time where capital city raides were hardly heard of, less then even today (where there's a few). Probably the element of surprise helped some.

What we did, was went up the elevator, stood on the bridge, cleared a couple gaurds, and as the horde came there, we'd start by having one of the palys stun lock the horde. Then Bain (priest) would mind control them off the cliff, and we'd watch them die. I was sometimes up there, and sometimes below 1 hitting in case they survived. We must have tossed that warrior like 15 times. He'd run back to body, not even be at full health, and MC off the bridge again, and again. The druid was tossed like 12 times, and several others it was stun lock and throw from high places

We allowed a few non-guildies in, who unfortunately got us a DK or 2; but at this point we didn't care. It was just too funny to watch, and everyone felt better as we got our frustrations out for what was happening in BGs. Bain was the same one who would routinely MC horde into inns, and cause them to kill civies, so no matter how much honor they got, he'd assure they got DKs for their raid. After about 3 hours, the horde organized a fricken swarm in the hills below, and fun was over.

We planned a few more, on Freewind Post in Thousand Needles, and latter with a bunch of former guildies who went to K A O S. They brought some of their new guildies, a guy from Not Steamboat came (think a guy or 2 from Resillience also), and some other such individuals who I take it Lant and others knew. We went in where the gryphon comes out of UC, and started trashing it, and followed with hitting TB again. Was also a fun time, though at this point we were PWNadge... The first time we did a capital city raid, we didn't have the associations or the gear which was latter had. I told Gilthanas about it the following day, and think our hit on TB was a bit of talk around the realm for a bit of time afterward.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-08, 04:42 AM   #9
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

I liked using snowballs to launch people to their death in AV, esp when the Alliance were defending the bridge.
Old 02-08-08, 07:38 AM   #10
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
I liked using snowballs to launch people to their death in AV, esp when the Alliance were defending the bridge.
LOL
I remember that. Didn't they nerf the crap out of snowballs?
Old 02-08-08, 01:33 PM   #11
Rakeesh

Last night I went over to ZF and this 46 nelf warrior walks out of it, and the rest of my group has yet to show up. So we have it out and I pwnt him with more than half of my life bar remaining. Then shortly after he dies, this 44 nelf hunter shows up before I finish healing. Pwnt him as well with the same result. Round 3 shortly comes up, when this skull moonkin druid makes an appearance. So I just walk into the instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
I hit my aspect of the hawk, send my pet to attack, and viper sting him to drain his mana.
Won't drain his mana unless he is already in caster form. And even then, we have innervate The hunter tried this on me last night Also scare beast, usually I can see that coming because of the cast timer. When I see it coming up I just use moonfire to pop myself out to caster and insta-dot. It's also at this point that I throw up barkskin, double hot, and sleep the pet. Failing that, I will have the horde trinket soon.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-08, 01:46 PM   #12
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Won't drain his mana unless he is already in caster form. And even then, we have innervate The hunter tried this on me last night Also scare beast, usually I can see that coming because of the cast timer. When I see it coming up I just use moonfire to pop myself out to caster and insta-dot. Failing that, I will have the horde trinket soon.
You're right, they changed that a few patches ago. Damn.

You will have to stay in caster form to not be feared off and by shifting a lot, you will eat your mana bar up, so no need for me to Viper Sting.

Don't forget, at level 44, hunters get the new Arcane Shot which dispels one magic effect. Adios Innervate!