Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-08-08, 02:05 PM   #13
Rakeesh

Default Re: WoW: Moments of Pwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Don't forget, at level 44, hunters get the new Arcane Shot which dispels one magic effect. Adios Innervate!
Most hunters burn that up on my mark of wild. On this hunter I ran into last night, I never used innervate.

That isn't the only thing I can do though, I could also shift to bear and bash, back to cat and get some more damage in, and back to bear and just let the fear ride while I tank whatever he throws at me. but getting the heals in at that point is a good thing. HoT can never come too early in a PVP battle IMO, so thats why I usually drop them the first time I return to caster. And watch out for lifebloom at level 60, because dispelling that just does me a favor

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-08, 02:33 PM   #14
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

I thought lifebloom was like 64ish
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-08, 03:31 PM   #15
Bearclaw

I don't play... but ..uh today I tripped a guy at work. He had to go to the hospital after falling down a flight of stairs.

I PWND HIM.
Old 02-08-08, 05:23 PM   #16
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw
I don't play... but ..uh today I tripped a guy at work. He had to go to the hospital after falling down a flight of stairs.

I PWND HIM.
PWN!

nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 01:15 AM   #17
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
I thought lifebloom was like 64ish
Yeah it is, just round the 60's is about where everybody starts getting their killer spells n sh*t. It's also about the time that I get cyclone, which I hear people complain a lot about.

Also I think the druid that chased your hunter wasn't very competent tr1ck. I realized today that never have any difficulty at all when trying to close the distance between myself and hunters and shamans that run. Reason why is because in cat form I have dash, plus the existing 30% cat form speed, so like +80% run speed (depending on how they stack, but its definitely much higher than 40%.) If I don't quite catch him by the time dash runs out to get a shot off to daze him, I just root him. Shaman even better, I just sleep him as he counts as beast in that form; plenty of time for me to set him up for a nice pounding.

Also grasp of thorns will nerf the pet without me having to lift a finger. This only requires a single talent point to get, and it can be cast from bear and cat form sans the need to shift. If you spam it there's only like a 15 second window that you'll be missing it.

The worst thing a hunter can do to me, is use the ice/cold traps IMO. And they do work well btw, as I can't break them with shifting and it gives them time to pull off e.g. an aimed shot, which I have had a hunter do to me once. Best I can do to counter it is shift to bear and barkskin while trapped for damage control. Poisons are generally useless against a competent druid as well though, and that includes blind.

Also I've had a battle with a warlock where I used fear to my advantage. Since I run fast in cat form, it gave me plenty of distance to heal, leave combat, stealth, and drop another pounce, as the pet couldn't catch up. Meanwhile my own dots were doing their magic against somebody who can't heal themself as effectively as I can. I totally trashed that particular warlock.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 02-09-08, 05:40 AM   #18
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

The only Druids that give me serious problems are Resto druids. Since it takes like 500 years to kill one on top of the fact they're always trying to escape from you. Very annoying.
Old 02-09-08, 05:54 AM   #19
K007

Anytime we beat a War/Druid team...now thats..a WOW moment..
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 09:28 AM   #20
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Yeah it is, just round the 60's is about where everybody starts getting their killer spells n sh*t. It's also about the time that I get cyclone, which I hear people complain a lot about.

Also I think the druid that chased your hunter wasn't very competent tr1ck. I realized today that never have any difficulty at all when trying to close the distance between myself and hunters and shamans that run. Reason why is because in cat form I have dash, plus the existing 30% cat form speed, so like +80% run speed (depending on how they stack, but its definitely much higher than 40%.) If I don't quite catch him by the time dash runs out to get a shot off to daze him, I just root him. Shaman even better, I just sleep him as he counts as beast in that form; plenty of time for me to set him up for a nice pounding.

Also grasp of thorns will nerf the pet without me having to lift a finger. This only requires a single talent point to get, and it can be cast from bear and cat form sans the need to shift. If you spam it there's only like a 15 second window that you'll be missing it.

The worst thing a hunter can do to me, is use the ice/cold traps IMO. And they do work well btw, as I can't break them with shifting and it gives them time to pull off e.g. an aimed shot, which I have had a hunter do to me once. Best I can do to counter it is shift to bear and barkskin while trapped for damage control. Poisons are generally useless against a competent druid as well though, and that includes blind.

Also I've had a battle with a warlock where I used fear to my advantage. Since I run fast in cat form, it gave me plenty of distance to heal, leave combat, stealth, and drop another pounce, as the pet couldn't catch up. Meanwhile my own dots were doing their magic against somebody who can't heal themself as effectively as I can. I totally trashed that particular warlock.
Dash doesn't stack with Feline Swiftness.

I never claimed that druid to be very competent either. Obviously he was rather dumb to follow directly behind me to catch the traps twice in a row lol!

Alpha, I'm not doubting your ability, but your talking to someone who has a 70 druid and has been feral for about 3 years. You are undoubtedly strong now, but at the 70 bracket, ferals fall way off in PvP ability. You will still have a decent shot against hunters at 70, but a 60+ warlock will pose the biggest threat. I'd HIGHLY advise collecting caster gear once you reach the outlands and go balance or resto for pvp.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-08, 09:53 PM   #21
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Dash doesn't stack with Feline Swiftness.
Are you sure? Because I've managed to close the distance between myself and a mounted ally once by using dash.

Old 02-10-08, 02:55 AM   #22
firehawk

being a fury warrior every almost every fight i encounter alone is a moment of OMG I LIVED!
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-08, 03:26 AM   #23
Rakeesh

I kinda feel sorry for some ally warriors I have run into. I ran into this level 51 guy once (I was 44 at the time) while passing through badlands in druid travel form after having just finished a quest, he was there mounted and noticed me pass and decided to run after me.

I accidentally ran myself into a corner, and just before he dismounted I shifted to cat, dropped rake then claw on him just as I ran through him, ran about 20 yards away, shifted to caster and dropped moonfire and then thorns on him, shifted to travel form and got yet more distance off before he disappeared from my sight entirely, then I mounted up.

Just as I finished mounting up to take off, he shows up behind me, with about 20%-25% of his health gone after my dots had done their work. Meanwhile, I hadn't taken a scratch. After I got back to town, it left me wondering if I could have just killed him by kiting him like that. Maybe not, but a triumph all the same IMO; the prey got away to fight another day. And it was pretty funny watching this big bully stuck there in thorns for that half second before I split

Old 02-10-08, 03:59 PM   #24
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
That's going in my sig.
Hehehe