Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-10-08, 04:15 PM   #25
Dvahlish

Default Re: WoW: Moments of Pwn

Ya know what.
Im starting to think druids are as OP as locks.
But, at least they are useful as tanks or healers.

Has anyone seen the youtube vid "crank dat druid boy"?
Very funny.
Old 02-10-08, 06:07 PM   #26
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
Ya know what.
Im starting to think druids are as OP as locks.
But, at least they are useful as tanks or healers.
I think it really depends on the skill of the player. Admittedly I am rather new to the game, but IMO this class is really dependent upon you using everything you've got, as it isn't the "best" per se at any particular thing.

I've run into countless nelf druids that just plain suck. I've had one attack me from stealth while I was fighting a mob, a level higher than me no less, same spec, and I killed him.

PVE is awesome for druids, and probably a bit overpowered here. I've lost count of how many times I've saved my instance party from a total wipe by using either tranquility followed by innervate on the healer, or a combat res which only druids can do. Then I have an AOE that is formidable even as melee spec, along with some of the best buffs in the game (mark of wild, leader of the pack, and soon omen of clarity.) Hell 2 days ago I ran ZF in tanaris as both main tank AND main healer, party of all 42-44ish, with a non healer spec shaman helping out here and there while focusing mostly on DPS; best of all is we never wiped even once.

If they ever seriously nerfed druid though, I'd probably quit playing. After playing rogue for 10 days I got bored of the game fast, but a friend was showing me a druid once so figured I would try that, and I got hooked quickly. I love my little tauren druid

Quote:
Has anyone seen the youtube vid "crank dat druid boy"?
Very funny.
LOL nice, what was that mod where it showed all of those enemy cast bars coming up? That looks uber. That is a hell of a lot better than the built in wow enemy cast bar. So far the only mod I use is one that shows your coords.

Maybe feral druid will suck at 60+, maybe not, but I don't really care. I just have a lot of fun playing this class. Also a lot of people keep telling me about things that suck when they don't end up sucking so I am skeptical anyways. A friend of mine told me how much feral druid sucks leveling with, which turned out wrong. My guild kept warning me about STV about how much I'll die there and how much I'll hate it, but that quickly became my favorite ally hunting ground. Especially nessingways camp, if you ever want somebody to kill right away, that is the best place to do it. Just watch out though because sometimes there are a bunch of 70's in it

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-08, 06:35 PM   #27
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
I
PVE is awesome for druids, and probably a bit overpowered here. I've lost count of how many times I've saved my instance party from a total wipe by using either tranquility followed by innervate on the healer, or a combat res which only druids can do. Then I have an AOE that is formidable even as melee spec, along with some of the best buffs in the game (mark of wild, leader of the pack, and soon omen of clarity.) Hell 2 days ago I ran ZF in tanaris as both main tank AND main healer, party of all 42-44ish, with a non healer spec shaman helping out here and there while focusing mostly on DPS; best of all is we never wiped even once.
I think you will find that once you hit OL you will then need to decide which path you are going to take in a guild who runs high end instances.
Healer, or tank.
I have found OL instances at lvl 70 raids to be so very different from pre 60 instances.
You can get away with very little organisation pre 60, I feel.
Especially with you big instances like ZF or the SM's.....Im not sure I have ever been in a ZF wipe.
As long as you have a healer, a tank and good dps.....your set!

But I have certainly found that now everyone has thier place and thier role and if one person decides to try something a little "different" or is not concentrating....everyone suffers and more than likely wipes.
People also seem to have a lot less patience for anyone who isnt 100% committed and instances are raids are taken very seriously.

For these reasons, I prefer PVP.
I have been in way too many pugs where people get nasty at other members in the group because something isnt going right rather than being patient.
I prefer to have fun when I play, and BG's and arenas are where I choose to find my fun

As for best buffs, I would say pallys have the best buffs for me.
BoK and Bom FTW!
Old 02-10-08, 06:49 PM   #28
Rakeesh

Quote:
I think you will find that once you hit OL you will then need to decide which path you are going to take in a guild who runs high end instances.
Healer, or tank.
Whats OL?

But anyways, yeah thats what I usually do. I'll either assume DPS and off healer, or flat out tank. I only did that tank and heal because our healer left and we didn't want to just stop. I thought for sure it wouldn't work, but it did anyways. I'll probably never do that again though, it took a very good group to be able to pull that off. I took lead and gave the group very detailed instructions about who will attack what, what I will be doing, etc, on each set of mobs we ran into. We did it, and it worked well. But most people don't follow directions as well as that group did.

Quote:
BoK and Bom FTW!
Yeah there is a pretty nice pally buff I have seen. I don't know the name of it, but as of right now in bear form my armor is something like 5017 and my HP is something like 3600-3800 (don't remember exactly.) With that pally buff it becomes somewhere around 5700 armor.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 02-10-08, 06:57 PM   #29
Dvahlish

Quote:
LOL nice, what was that mod where it showed all of those enemy cast bars coming up? That looks uber. That is a hell of a lot better than the built in wow enemy cast bar. So far the only mod I use is one that shows your coords.

Maybe feral druid will suck at 60+, maybe not, but I don't really care. I just have a lot of fun playing this class. Also a lot of people keep telling me about things that suck when they don't end up sucking so I am skeptical anyways. A friend of mine told me how much feral druid sucks leveling with, which turned out wrong. My guild kept warning me about STV about how much I'll die there and how much I'll hate it, but that quickly became my favorite ally hunting ground. Especially nessingways camp, if you ever want somebody to kill right away, that is the best place to do it. Just watch out though because sometimes there are a bunch of 70's in it
The Mod...
I cant quite remember but you can set that kinda stuff up in your UI options.
He could also be using X-perl ot CT buff mod.
Id have to look at the vid again and see if I can work out which.
There are a stack of mods out there, I use so many now that I forget which were ingame and which are additions, but there are some I just cannot do without.

There are a lot of ppl that play wow, and they will all have diffferent opinions on......everything.
I listen, and then make up my own mind.
I have been very lucky to have some very experienced players giving me valuable pointers along the way.

But pretty much, I make up my own mind through trial and error most of the time.
I have respecced about 8 times now, I have used daggers, swords and currently combat maces....infact I have even just dropped Leatherworking and started blacksmithing from scratch so that I can make myself the most powerful mace in the game, the dragonstrike.
It requires master hammersmith and will mostlikely take me 5 months to complete because of the complexity of the mats I need....but still, Ill do it

And then....Ill prolly repec again

OL= The outlands.
Yes...a group that follows instructions is hard to find, biut so important in a 25 man raid
Old 02-10-08, 08:42 PM   #30
Rakeesh

Quote:
But pretty much, I make up my own mind through trial and error most of the time.
I have respecced about 8 times now, I have used daggers, swords and currently combat maces....infact I have even just dropped Leatherworking and started blacksmithing from scratch so that I can make myself the most powerful mace in the game, the dragonstrike.
It requires master hammersmith and will mostlikely take me 5 months to complete because of the complexity of the mats I need....but still, Ill do it
You are playing rogue I am guessing? I've never paid much attention to weapons as feral druid. All I care about is what stats it gives as well as the "equip:" bonus just so long as it isn't a proc as the DPS is meaningless.

My current weapon is this. That, combined with high agi gear, leader of the pack buff, and some talents, I have a 25% crit rate, been that way since level 42 or so.

You know what I've found, is rogue and feral druid make an outstanding gank pair. There is an undead rogue in my guild who I have quested in STV with a few times. I keep track humanoid active, and the instant an ally pops up on my radar, their fate is sealed.

I point to him on the map, stealth up, and the rogue knows what is going on without me having to say anything. If there are two of them, she saps one, I open up on the other one with pounce and start using FFF and shred, followed by bleeds and the rogue uses his poisons. If we want to, we can keep both of them stunlocked throughout the entire battle while we burst damage them to death. We've killed groups of two ally players like 3-5 levels above us with no trouble at all, and most of the time they probably don't even realize what is going on until they are nearly dead. Failing the stunlock, I double as a healer so there isn't much they can do to keep his health down if they focus on him. If they focus on me, I just bear tank while he rips them apart.

Track is especially awesome in STV because the hills make it impossible for them to see us before we hit stealth even if they happen to be looking in our direction, but sure enough we know where they are. At best, if they have a hunter, they'll only see one of us on track as he is either going to be tracking humanoid or tracking beast. They never know what is about to hit em.

Old 02-10-08, 08:59 PM   #31
Dvahlish

Quote:
You are playing rogue I am guessing? I've never paid much attention to weapons as feral druid. All I care about is what stats it gives as well as the "equip:" bonus just so long as it isn't a proc as the DPS is meaningless.

My current weapon is this. That, combined with high agi gear, leader of the pack buff, and some talents, I have a 25% crit rate, been that way since level 42 or so.

You know what I've found, is rogue and feral druid make an outstanding gank pair. There is an undead rogue in my guild who I have quested in STV with a few times. I keep track humanoid active, and the instant an ally pops up on my radar, their fate is sealed.

I point to him on the map, stealth up, and the rogue knows what is going on without me having to say anything. If there are two of them, she saps one, I open up on the other one with pounce and start using FFF and shred, followed by bleeds and the rogue uses his poisons. If we want to, we can keep both of them stunlocked throughout the entire battle while we burst damage them to death. We've killed groups of two ally players like 3-5 levels above us with no trouble at all, and most of the time they probably don't even realize what is going on until they are nearly dead.

Track is especially awesome in STV because the hills make it impossible for them to see us before we hit stealth even if they happen to be looking in our direction, but sure enough we know where they are. At best, if they have a hunter, they'll only see one of us on track as he is either going to be tracking humanoid or tracking beast.
Yup, my rogue is my main.
Theres a Mage, a lock, a druid and a hunter in my family aswell.
Rogue is my favourite.
Druid will be my next levelled to 70.....I dont think I could go back to playing a non stealther now!

Rogues and druids do make a good team.
I will be starting arena work soon and I have had an offer from a druid to do a 2v2 team.
Im not sure about that, Ill have to look into the combination and what spec would be suited best with my combat mace build.
I think....I would prefer a mage or priest combo...especially a dis/holy priest.

A lot of people never liked STV...personally, I dont mind it.
World PVP annoys me at time because I find that very rarely is the fight, a fair one.
I dont consider attacking an opponent when they are out numbered, already in battle and losing health anyway, a fair fight.
I prefer arena and BG because its a more even ground to work on.
I like to know that I have won a fight fairly, or lost to a worthy opponent.
Not just "ganked".

I couldnt look at your wep unfortunatley because Im at work and they block thottbot due to its gaming content
But you have the right idea and as you progress in ther game it becomes more and more about stats to.
Not only is all my gear agil/stam hit rat, at power and crit rating but I also buff with special foods that boost my stats (grilled mudfish, hot spicy talbuk and warp burgers)
A bit pricey, but very worth it.
Old 02-10-08, 09:12 PM   #32
Rakeesh

I really like world PVP for the simple reason that it adds a different yet important flavor to PVE. It's boring playing on non PVP servers; the only thing that can really kill you is maybe a gang of mobs...pfft big deal. Mobs are highly predictable and don't take anything personal.

Quote:
A lot of people never liked STV...personally, I dont mind it.
I endearingly refer to it as the nam. STV is the one of very few places where I will unquestioningly kill any ally on sight most of the time. Right when he hits my track, either he is dead or I am dead. At times the 35-40 people have a 70 rogue following them in stealth, and thats the way I get caught most of the time. But meh, it happens, big deal.

Quote:
World PVP annoys me at time because I find that very rarely is the fight, a fair one.
I dont consider attacking an opponent when they are out numbered, already in battle and losing health anyway, a fair fight.
Ally players do this all the time to me, especially rogues. So often I figure what comes around must go around as well

Quote:
Not only is all my gear agil/stam hit rat, at power and crit rating but I also buff with special foods that boost my stats (grilled mudfish, hot spicy talbuk and warp burgers)
A bit pricey, but very worth it.
Herbalism and alchemy are my professions, I rely on that somewhat for those extra buffs.

Old 02-10-08, 09:47 PM   #33
Dvahlish

Quote:
Herbalism and alchemy are my professions, I rely on that somewhat for those extra buffs.
Yeh I use major agil pots as well, and have one of my toons as an alchemist, so I can keep myself supplied with those.

Scrolls can also be a good way to buff up for awhile for a reasonable price.

Seriously, try eating stat enhancing foods and see what a diff it makes!
Grilled mudfish gives you +20 agil I think, Hot spicy talbuk gives you Stam +20Hit point (which prolly isnt as relevant for you)
and Warp Burgers are again Agil I think, which of course adds to your crit chance.
If you have a friend or guildie who is a cook...even better!
We have a few cooks in our guild who keep the GB stacked with tasty treats for us.
Druids and Rogues need very similar stats, the weapons can be quite different though, of course.
Old 02-10-08, 10:01 PM   #34
Rakeesh

I have been grinding both cooking and fishing, and have both of them pretty much as high as I can reasonably get for my level.

And yeah I mostly aim for str and agi, with sta and int third. I have extremely bad luck finding gear though. People with some kind of mods that shows them my gear often tell me how much my gear sucks :P

I only recently acquired a few decent items, but nothing to write home about.

Old 02-10-08, 10:09 PM   #35
Dvahlish

Quote:
I have been grinding both cooking and fishing, and have both of them pretty much as high as I can reasonably get for my level.

And yeah I mostly aim for str and agi, with sta and int third. I have extremely bad luck finding gear though. People with some kind of mods that shows them my gear often tell me how much my gear sucks :P

I only recently acquired a few decent items, but nothing to write home about.
PVP Gear
Seriously, if you like BG's and dont mind spending the honour points, PVP gear is awesome.
My rogue is almost 68 now and she is still wearing her lvl 60 PVP gear, and she will be until she hits 70 and gets her new PVP gear, Im currently working on the honour points needed as the bonecracker mace alone is going to be expensive.

Other players dont need mods to look at your gear, thay can more than likely tell by just doing an inspect on you.
If you have been playing awhile, experience lets you know what a class needs to be considered "well geared"

I inspect other players gear all the time, especially other rogues....I also like to be nosey and see what talent builds they have.

I found after getting to OL, gear has become very very important.
But luckily, the green drops out there, are better than most of the blue drops pre 60.
My rogue is called Shawonda on frostmourne.
Old 02-10-08, 11:28 PM   #36
Rakeesh

Quote:
PVP Gear
Seriously, if you like BG's and dont mind spending the honour points, PVP gear is awesome.
I thought you have to do arena to get the better PVP gear? I've never done arena yet. Sounds too far dependent upon you teaming with somebody you already know.