Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-10-08, 11:39 PM   #37
Dvahlish

Default Re: WoW: Moments of Pwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
I thought you have to do arena to get the better PVP gear? I've never done arena yet. Sounds too far dependent upon you teaming with somebody you already know.
Arena gear is def the best gear but you have to be level 70 to start in arenas,and arena points are hard, long and difficult to obtain, so in the mean time racking up honour points in the BG's is a nice alternative.

It also dpends on what you want.
The best mace in the game will eventually be the Dragonstrike for me, but until then the BG maces the bonecracker and the pummeller will be the next best option, and I can get those through honour points and BG tokens.
Some of the gear I want is available through Aldor, and from purchasing it with tokens that drop off heroic and high end instances.

Quite simply, the best gear in the game=Hard work.
Old 02-11-08, 12:14 AM   #38
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
Quite simply, the best gear in the game=Hard work.
What does it take to get this kind of gear?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Nordrassil_Harness

That would be wicked. You'd have yourself 3 insta cast fully stackable HoT's (five if you count the number of times lifebloom stacks on itself,) and godly single target DPS if used with the right combination of bleeds and mangle. In dire bear form under feral talents this would provide well over 15k armor, not even counting any buffs and additional rings, trinkets, etc.

BTW, here's my character sheet:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oast&n=Rakeesh

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 12:36 PM   #39
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

this thread has been hijacked, I mean really.

The tier 5 set you linked is not an easy to get per say. You need to be in an accomplished raiding guild that can clear SSC/TK. TO get the gear to be even thought of to go in there you need to farm kara and heroics to get badge/t4 set first. And while you are at that, you have to hone down to a straight tank/straight dps, or feral dps/tank (what I have more or less) if you want a feral set. Feral healing hybrids in end game don't exist really.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...as&n=bovisabeo is my cat gear and we are working our way through ssc and tk. I don't have any t5 gear because it is kinda meh to me and my boomkin is more useful in TK at times.

on topic:

in arenas or BG's any time I get to blast an opponent to oblivion with moonfire and wrath is always a hoot because I know how annoying it is to get spamfired to death.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 12:50 PM   #40
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
this thread has been hijacked, I mean really.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 12:54 PM   #41
Bearclaw

One time I was playing as a gorgon and a magician was running behind me so I quickly summoned the soul of johnny cash. I used the power of a Dsus chord to attack the magicians hat because it was point and it can dish out the most damage. Then out of nowhere a star destroyer popped up and it was lvl 9er with a boost of pop tarts. It was nuts.

Luckily, Aldor was there to help me out.
Old 02-11-08, 12:57 PM   #42
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

I wish I had some good moments to add, but honestly I end up being the pwnt more than the other way around.

I lack a full set of PvP gear to do anything worth while against a lot of players as a feral druid, but I can certainly piss them off in my tank gear. One of that last times I brought bobo to WSG it was fun watching them try to kill me in bear as I sat there taking the beating in tank gear. Of course one the healer goes down there is nothing I can do on a 5v1.

I have issues with hunters and some casters on my moonkin when I was leveling when I decided to world PvP, but geared, things have gotten better. It takes a lot of gear to make a moonkin work, but they are fun when you start getting it. Hybernating fellow druids that are in feral form, cycloning fellow druids, and of course the battle of the trees when me and an alliance druid lock eyes and the moonfire starts the spam
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 02:52 PM   #43
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

In STV arena the other day, i killed a 41 Dwarf Priest, 41 B/E Hunter and 38 B/E Hunter. I was lvl 37 human rogue. I just got sick of waiting for higher levels taking the chest.

Having said that, on my 70 warrior whom i have 3 years experience with playing, i own people you wouldn't expect all the time. Various AV's and whatnot where i'll kill about 3 or 4 horde in a row while they try to protect a flag that the rogues are already capping.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 03:44 PM   #44
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Yeh... true it has hasnt it?
It happens to my posts all the time to...its just the nature of wow players, easily distracted when we get on to the topic !

Sorry!
Ill let you get back to your stories about "leet gankings"

Old 02-11-08, 11:03 PM   #45
Redshirt #24

I'm usually the gankee rather than the ganker too. Holy paladin, 'nuff said. So I take my little pleasures where I can...like occasionally defying my spec and doing things like tanking instances or parts thereof, or wading into a group of Hordies in a BG and popping off Consecration (AoE spell) followed by every cooldown-based trinket I have before I get raped...
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Apple 30" Cinema Display
CM HAF X

Ever notice how the more people talk about something, the more you tend to hate it?
Redshirt #24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 11:39 PM   #46
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt #24
I'm usually the gankee rather than the ganker too. Holy paladin, 'nuff said. So I take my little pleasures where I can...like occasionally defying my spec and doing things like tanking instances or parts thereof, or wading into a group of Hordies in a BG and popping off Consecration (AoE spell) followed by every cooldown-based trinket I have before I get raped...
Bah! Ganking stories arent all that great anyway....
If your someone who likes to gank...then the odds are you have more than likely lost a ganking or 2 along the way as well

Your a healadin...yourt imprtant in raida and instances because you keep the gankers....alive to gank another day!

p.s: did I use the word "gank" enough?
Old 02-11-08, 11:49 PM   #47
Redshirt #24

I dunno...it'd be nice to gank than to receive. Sometimes. That's all I ask. Is that a crime?

(On the flip side of that...I finally healed my way through the Black Morass the other night. For me, at least, that's pretty damn good.)
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Apple 30" Cinema Display
CM HAF X

Ever notice how the more people talk about something, the more you tend to hate it?
Redshirt #24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-08, 11:53 PM   #48
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt #24
I dunno...it'd be nice to gank than to receive. Sometimes. That's all I ask. Is that a crime?

(On the flip side of that...I finally healed my way through the Black Morass the other night. For me, at least, that's pretty damn good.)
Well....you could start a ganking character
I have a rogue......nice ganker and now I want to either tank or heal, so I have started a druid to take to 70....

Even it out...play both sides