Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-12-08, 02:43 AM   #49
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Default Re: WoW: Moments of Pwn

My Twink (39) Paladin, smashing faces left and right in AB when suddenly I get Mind Controlled off the Lumber Mill cliff. My bubble was on CD too.
Old 02-12-08, 04:44 PM   #50
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
My Twink (39) Paladin, smashing faces left and right in AB when suddenly I get Mind Controlled off the Lumber Mill cliff. My bubble was on CD too.
Ooohh....dont you hate mind control????
My bf has a priest and I have to say its funny to watch him use MC for Crowd control...works quite well sometimes.
I have also seem him MC an alli and buff them with it....they crap themselves cos they have no idea whats going on at first
Old 02-12-08, 06:03 PM   #51
Rakeesh

LOL that reminds me. There's this guy in my guild who found a mind control cap. He used it once while on the boat to booty bay to mind control a 37 ally dwarf into attacking a 50 something ally hunters pet. The pet killed the dwarf, and the BB guards interpreted it as hostile and then killed the 50, while my guildie jumped off of the boat and swam off

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-08, 06:15 PM   #52
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
LOL that reminds me. There's this guy in my guild who found a mind control cap. He used it once while on the boat to booty bay to mind control a 37 ally dwarf into attacking a 50 something ally hunters pet. The pet killed the dwarf, and the BB guards interpreted it as hostile and then killed the 50, while my guildie jumped off of the boat and swam off
Yeh I have seen ppl do that a lot in BB.
I think it depends on where you do it, I know that my bf tried it once in Hellfire and the guards saw his MC as hostile and attacked him instead.
Old 02-15-08, 06:39 AM   #53
Rakeesh

LOL just before I logged I had a good moment of pwn without having a battle. I just walked up to the neutral town in un'goro crater, and there were these two huntards, one dwarf 52 and one nelf 55 (me 51.)

The name of the 52 dwarf hunter rung a bell, but I couldn't quite recall off hand where I saw him. Then it hit me, the day before I ran into him in hinterlands and killed him on like 3 separate occasions, and each time it was quite a decisive victory (with me having tons of health left.)

So what I do is pop straight to caster form (from cat stealth) right behind him, and then just wave at him. About a split second later, he just dashes off to the flightmasters (the only place for protection there) obviously scared the little thing out of his mind

I know he wasn't intending on leaving, because he cautiously returned later once he realized that I had simply waved at him. And there's no reason to go up there other than for protection or if you just want to fly out of there.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 01:52 AM   #54
bonchez

Send a message via AIM to bonchez

Hmm... let's see, there are a countless amount of such events for me. But two I remember well....

I was playing my Blood Elf Paladin who was at the time about 34, I was walking in Arathi Highlands heading to Stormgrade, why I odn't remember. This isn't exactly a world pvp story, but there was another Blood elf there, he was a 42 Mage. I decided to duel him, keep in mind he's 10 levels higher then me, well the fight was over pretty fast and I beat him with seal of command/judgement and such. I didn't have to use Divine Shield either before people start pally QQing.

On my Dreanai Shaman who was in the late 40s I was in a group for ZF. While waiting at summoning stone waiting for other group members to be ready for summons. I decide to duel the mage in our group who was 1-2 levels higher or lower then me I don't really remember exactly. The duel starts out he frost novas me, but he's standing right there so I swing at him, I was using a two-hander at the time, crit+windfury crits+Stormstrike+Earth shock, then the duel was over. The only damage I took was the small amount from the frost nova. During the instance I began dual wielding for the first time, after we were done with ZF I dueled the same mage again with pretty much the same results

So basically Mages are easy mode for me while playing Paladins and Shamans, except when they pull that water elemental BS.
bonchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 08:53 AM   #55
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Only a couple I actually remember.

The first was long ago, pre-TBC, I was PvPing on my 60 Orc Female Rogue doing some Arathi Basin, anyway...I'm up defending the lumber mill and 5 Alliance come up there and spank me down, luckily the res timer fired before the could cap the flag, I rezzed up and stealthed. I had given them a pretty good lashing (for one rogue) so many of them were drinking/eating. I decided it would be faster and easier to just rez somewhere else but I could always slow them down a bit before they head to the next flag. So I stormed in swords blazing. I blew all my CDs, Adren Rush, Evasion, Blade-Flurry and to my surprise I survived. 5 dead Alliance laid before me. I do believe after that I spammed guild chat with a few WTF OMG! It was one of the best moments in WoW I had ever had.

The second revolves around my newer Level 70 Shadow Priest. Lets just say Shadow Word Death and I have a checkered past as it has killed me in 1 Curator (Evocate FTL), 2 Netherspite (Blue beam increased damage taken ftw!) and 1 Prince (yes I was enfeebled.../sigh) in Kara. Has yet to kill me in 25-man's though, but with all the spell debuffs being applied it's not abnormal for it to crit in the 3500 range, so I still have to be careful when to use it. Virtually every instance of sheer brain-fartedness was followed by an "Awww ****!" on vent and a few tea-bags from guildies after the fights.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote