Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-04-08, 10:30 AM   #109
Rakeesh

Default Re: Druids: the end game

For anybody who is rolling a feral druid or rogue:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

Also I just hit 62, and maim is f*cking powerful. Seriously, it used to be I'd win against locks about 50% of the time, but now that I integrate maim into the mix its more like 80% of the time. I generally have no problems at all against hunters to begin with, and now that I have maim I just flat out destroy them. Scare beast was the only thing that could occasionally give me some difficulty against hunters, but now when I see it casting I just drop maim, and if I have enough combo points (3 or more is usually plenty) I re-enter stealth and begin the stunlocks all over again.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-08, 11:20 AM   #110
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I just avoid locks, a waste of time trying, get close and you are feared, pop deathwise to break the fear and get close again, and despite been immune to fear they lock has another kind of fear to get you with. All of this been between 4k shadowbolt crits of course.
Old 03-04-08, 12:15 PM   #111
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
I just avoid locks, a waste of time trying, get close and you are feared, pop deathwise to break the fear and get close again, and despite been immune to fear they lock has another kind of fear to get you with. All of this been between 4k shadowbolt crits of course.
You play warrior though right? I love watching warriors pwn rogues The rogues use all of their lock techniques, poisons, etc, and with all of their burst damage get the warrior down to 50% health without taking much damage themselves, then the diminishing returns kick in and their cooldowns are used up, and the warrior just beats the rogue senseless.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 03-04-08, 12:50 PM   #112
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I do enjoy rogues, I seem to have the inability to avoid killing anything bloodelf though, if I see a bloodelf I have to kill it.
Old 03-04-08, 08:14 PM   #113
Rakeesh

Same with me and gnomes. My favorite thing to do is throw all of my bleeds on them and watch them run off and die like a little poisoned rodent. Then when they res they leave those little tiny bones on the ground.

Old 03-22-08, 06:51 PM   #114
Rakeesh

I've been eating many level 70 hunters and warlocks (the supposed kings of world pvp) alive with my 67 feral druid, and many of them even have at least some of the arena gear, meanwhile I am mostly in blues/greens.

Bull**** if druids don't have spell interrupts btw. Maim ftw. Just throw in your initial flurry of attacks and once that lock starts casting fear, maim him and heal yourself, and if possible break combat, stealth, and pounce again. Warlocks are extremely susceptible to burst damage while being incapable of dishing burst damage themselves (at least, not without a long cast time that is so easily interrupted.)

Hunters? What can I say, just run in close and they become cat food. You run so fast that even if you don't remove their wing clip (which you easily can) you'll still run faster than they can back away from you, and your melee attacks far outclass anything they have. Starts casting scare beast? Easy, just maim and heal yourself while your dots tick him away. If he trinkets out of that, shift to bear and bash. Save your trinket for the freeze trap. Only BM hunters can give me some trouble since I can't maim them but just be a little more creative about things and they're almost as easy.

And flight form owns any flying mount any day, the fact that it is instant cast, and the fact that it only costs us druids 7g, and includes free 225 flight training, and we can fly two levels before everybody else, is just awesome

Old 03-22-08, 07:56 PM   #115
Son Goku

When on my warrior alt (fury spec mostly), I caught one undead lock by surprise. Was back when I was getting some mining points or something and came back to SS, where this outland geared lock had trashed the town, and was in the inn. I charged him (mind you the alt there was still lvling outland, so gear was close), bashed him up a bit (don't remember all I used), and he feared. Already at disadvantage though, as I caught him while getting all those gaurds; I just ran back in and finished him off.

Poor, undead lock, was left with the option of resing in the SS inn, with half mana and half hp, with mobs respawning; else GY. Yeah, I camped the corpse for a lil
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-08, 04:39 PM   #116
Dvahlish

Yup...I have been lvling my druid alt.
Im almost convinced that druids as as OP as locks now though.
Seriously!
How could anyone play a druid badly? It just doesnt seem possible.
They seem to be fun....I still prefer my rogue though.....
So far my druid hasnt really given me enough challenges.
Im only making a druid because we badly need more healers for another Kara team, so ill power level her and make her a tree of life druid for the guild I guess.

Old 03-24-08, 06:43 PM   #117
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
You play warrior though right? I love watching warriors pwn rogues The rogues use all of their lock techniques, poisons, etc, and with all of their burst damage get the warrior down to 50% health without taking much damage themselves, then the diminishing returns kick in and their cooldowns are used up, and the warrior just beats the rogue senseless.
Depends on the warrior build to be honest.
I think its MS warriors that pose most problems with rogues.
But...do you think it could be some to do with plate Vs leather????????
I have sen warriors go down at the hands of a rogue but not as often as druids do thats for sure.
Old 03-25-08, 03:35 AM   #118
K007

if Both are geared and rogue gets open/all cool downs to use then Warrior will fail big time.

But if your rogue and you get unlucky with a mace stun and a overpower crit...then your ****ed -.-.

1v1 i think Rogue still will win if they are both Season 3/BT geared/trinkets/etc. Warriors strength lies with the healer, they are very easy to drop sometimes, you get zerker stance and when they go pop death wish..they take alot of dmg. and during a stun lock..thats gonna be a huge hit on your hp.

Druid/War>All atm. So ridiculous op druids are..
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 06:19 AM   #119
Rakeesh

BTW, my response to this earlier comment now that I've become more seasoned in the game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
something from the WoW druid boards on feral pvp
Quote:
In arena they are below average.
All brackets - You can find a rare case where a feral has some friends and he kinda hides and rides on their 5v5 team, but that is not the norm and the team would do better with almost any other class.
I haven't played arena yet so I can't comment here.

Quote:
In BGs its a little more complicated.

WSG
Your the second best flagrunner next to Paladins.
If they dont know enough to Focus-Fire you early, you will cap allot of flags.
No, we're much better than pally. We have three huge advantages over pally: Much more opportunity to break snares, bear form which puts his armor and health to shame when we are focus fired (so long as we have a proper healer this helps a LOT,) and track humanoid in cat form which makes it much easier to avoid an ambush. And not to mention we run faster all around, and we also have dash for a nice 70% run speed when we need it. Just keep your pvp trinket handy and you are by far the best flag runner.

The notion that a paladin would be a better flag runner than a druid is just downright silly.

Quote:
AB
Your below average.
Stealth lets you surprise some people, and smart druids who use water form and the river system can really sneak past allot of enemy players at speed.
But in general unless you out gear your opponent, you will have a hard time killing anyone before they either heal up, get a heal or get some help.
Absolutely positively WRONG. Feral druid is awesome for sacking high dps ranged classes like hunters, mages, and warlocks who sit behind the tanks and the healers tend to ignore. Unlike rogues, when hunters and mages try to movement debuff us (frost nova, etc) we can instantly break as many times as we need to in order to quickly pursue and crush them. And once we sack their DPS, we can quickly escape to heal.

Quote:
AV
The spread nature of the battleground map and the value of your stealth really shine here.
Your still not valued for your ability to send your enemy to the graveyards, but your utility allows you to cap flags and generally cause mischief to the enemy.
This imho is the most fun a feral can have in the game in pvp currently.
Wrong, same reason as above. Seriously, whoever said this stuff really doesn't know how to play his class worth a sh*t. As a feral druid you can really rock a battleground. Hell, I often score either top or near the top in total damage done:

Honestly, for a class/spec that is supposedly "below average" in battlegrounds, how the hell am I often dominating AB in total damage done in the level 60-69 bracket at level 67 with only gear found from outlands quests?

Quote:
1 v 1 duels
You will be hard to kill.
The simple fact that they cant run but so far away from the duel flag acts like a poor mans snare, giving you a boost in some way. You will do well here. If you outgear your opponent you will win.
He is right here, but for the wrong reason. Nobody can run from a feral druid who plays his class properly, period, duel flag limiting the range or not. Those who run when their health is low get moonfired and chased in travel form, followed by yet more moonfire until their guaranteed death.

Quote:
To sum up:

Cat form deals decent dps - but has not snare or healing debuff.
Yes we do have a snare - a very good one too - nature's grasp can be cast from cat form. Excellent anti-rogue/warrior/hunters pet tool. Not to mention maim.

Quote:
Cat also has poor survivability lacking all the utility of the rogue, but maintaining the weakness of the same.
Wrong. Barkskin and your 3 heal over time's make your survivability much better than a rogues. I can't tell you how many times I've had people complain about how they keep hitting me yet my health still continues to go up, even while they drop mortal strike on me.

Very often I end a fight with nearly all of my health intact, even though they did a lot of damage to me. Poor survivability my ass.

Also WRT feral druid vs rogue: Feral druids stuns and cripple shots are better than a rogues. Our pounce includes a very powerful bleed, his cheap shot does not. Our maim continues to work while our bleeds dot their health away and nothing will interrupt our cyclone, however, a rogues gouge and blind will break if you take any damage at all on the other hand, including poison and bleed dots. We easily keep him out of stealth and weaken his already weak armor with faerie fire, and even if he uses cloak of shadows, our bleeds will still keep him out of stealth preventing most of his more interesting tricks from working.

Quote:
In most battles you will be forced into Bear form and at that moment, you have most likely lost the battle.

Bear form has great armor and HP, but almost no damage.- its almost a self induced Crowd Control and only postpones your death.
No. When you get focus fired in a BG, you have two options: Hit travel form and run back behind your stack where you can get healed or heal yourself (and anybody who follows you out of stealth gets singled out and dies.) Or, hit bear form and feral charge somebody who is closest to your stack for a nice instant dash, then go to travel and resume running. I have had much success using both of these tactics.

In world PVP, bear is quite viable if used correctly. Bash, demo roar, and lacerate (which is going to become yet more effective in the next patch) are all very good things to have.

Quote:
I have played a feral druid for 3+ years and I approve of this message.
And after 3 years, this guy still doesn't know how to play his class.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ab.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	30854  

Old 03-25-08, 08:28 AM   #120
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

lol you know what your problem is alpha, your not 70.

I played when things where capped at 60, and druids did not scale like other classes did, so we started to fall behind. Ferals where not worthless in BG's, but it was still tough.

Ferals have an ok time against Rogues, but it really depends on who jumped who first, and of course gear.

This guy is not far off on how it really is for ferals.

Come back to me when you have played with the real big kids for a few months, and not in the kiddie pool of sub 70 brackets. Feral can work, but it is no where God mode like you think it is. Once everybody else gets out of their greens you will find yourself on the other end.

edit: and if you haven't not seen a geared prot pally flag run, you don't know how funny it is to watch them work. They are damn hard to kill, and melee classes kill themselves trying to kill the pally.

edit2: what I have kept on saying, and you just have not run into because you are not 70 is druids DON'T SCALE with gear as well as other classes to. The biggest reason why is Blizzard fails at itemization, and we get screwed over by our weapons.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote