Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-25-08, 04:42 PM   #121
Rakeesh

Default Re: Druids: the end game

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
lol you know what your problem is alpha, your not 70.

I played when things where capped at 60, and druids did not scale like other classes did, so we started to fall behind. Ferals where not worthless in BG's, but it was still tough.

Ferals have an ok time against Rogues, but it really depends on who jumped who first, and of course gear.

This guy is not far off on how it really is for ferals.
Well he tries to say that cat has all of the weakness of rogue but none of the utility as far as locks and stuns go. This is just very wrong. The only thing cheap shot has over pounce is that it awards two combo points. I prefer having the bleed and 10 less energy cost over the two combo points any day. Gouge sucks compared to maim, period (albeit maim is at a higher cost.) Blind sucks compared to cyclone, period. And the fact that we can drop two insta cast hots on ourselves, and a two second very good heal + hot, makes our survivability much better than a rogues.

And if you use nature's grasp, you can trash a rogue so bad it isn't even funny. Let him get caught in that and heal yourself, then hop back to cat and let your energy recharge to full, then either break combat and stealth for another pounce or just run in and mangle spam.

Quote:
Come back to me when you have played with the real big kids for a few months, and not in the kiddie pool of sub 70 brackets. Feral can work, but it is no where God mode like you think it is. Once everybody else gets out of their greens you will find yourself on the other end.
I've already fought and killed 70's in full glad with my greens, although admittedly these people sucked pretty bad (as in I've been beaten by less.) I'm not saying feral is god mode, but to call it below average is wrong.

Quote:
edit: and if you haven't not seen a geared prot pally flag run, you don't know how funny it is to watch them work. They are damn hard to kill, and melee classes kill themselves trying to kill the pally.
Same thing with bear, I've watched this damn 69 ally bear druid run off with our flag while me, a rogue, and a hunter were sitting there beating on it and getting nothing. It was damned annoying.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 06:02 PM   #122
Dvahlish

Im sorry but I have to agree...70 is a different ball game and I have many ppl in my guild that play druids that will also agree with this.
I also have to say that playing an undead rogue myself.....druids mean nothing to me.
They normally do not bother me unless they have back up, or they out gear me.

As for being flag runners...yeh they make a fair flag runner in WSG....so do pallys. I have seen just as many pallys cap and do it just as well.

You talk of all the ways you can "trap" a rogue whilst turning yourself into some unbeatable killing machine....
You obviously know very little about what trinkets and lvl 70 talents that other classes gain that will allow them to escape all of a druids bull****....quite easily actually.

Dont get me wrong...druids are great! They are fun to play and great healers to!
But they are wayyy OP and really not as tough as they are made out to be.
Because they have so many different bull**** forms you just have to know your way around them, thats all
Old 03-25-08, 06:36 PM   #123
Dvahlish

Quote:
edit: and if you haven't not seen a geared prot pally flag run, you don't know how funny it is to watch them work. They are damn hard to kill, and melee classes kill themselves trying to kill the pally.
Yeh....I see more pallys being flagrunners in WSG and EOTS than any other class to be honest.
Pallys are also bs hard to kill as a rogue....basically all you can do is beat them repeatedly until they run out of mana...by then a friend has normally come along to help them out to.
Old 03-28-08, 09:31 PM   #124
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
Im sorry but I have to agree...70 is a different ball game and I have many ppl in my guild that play druids that will also agree with this.
I just hit 70 a few days ago and started playing AB. I am not at the top 3 anymore but I am not doing too shabby either. People wearing PVP gear of any kind are harder to take down, yet I can still do so (especially weaker classes; warriors, hunters.) Right now I am still in outlands quest gear, and the glad gear will more than double my attack power and armor, not to mention adding resilience where I currently have none, when I can get it (which should be quite soon at the rate I am getting honor points.)

Quote:
I also have to say that playing an undead rogue myself.....druids mean nothing to me.
They normally do not bother me unless they have back up, or they out gear me.
Not me. I'll tango with anybody I find. Especially gnomes, and especially this stupid alliance gulid on my server who goes by the name E L I T E. I virtually never initiate duels (I don't particularly care for em, plus I think of it as being rude to suddenly drop the duel flag on somebody without talking to them first.) However when I e.g. walk outside of org to the zep, typically warlocks, rogues, and hunters like to suddenly drop the duel flag on me. They think druids are so easy to kill and show off their talents against, but they find out the hard way that this just isn't true. Often preceded by comments like "I never lose against feral druids."

Quote:
You talk of all the ways you can "trap" a rogue whilst turning yourself into some unbeatable killing machine....
Not saying unbeatable by any stretch. Just pretty damn good. You guys are basically trying to tell me that feral druids are nothing more than an annoyance in PVP and ultimately can't accomplish anything useful because of this that and the other. This is just not true...not at all.

Quote:
You obviously know very little about what trinkets and lvl 70 talents that other classes gain that will allow them to escape all of a druids bull****....quite easily actually.
Cloak of shadows? Medallion of the horde? Improved sprint? Free action potion? Believe me I am aware of these, and some.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 03-28-08, 11:37 PM   #125
Son Goku

Quote:
lol you know what your problem is alpha, your not 70.

I played when things where capped at 60, and druids did not scale like other classes did, so we started to fall behind. Ferals where not worthless in BG's, but it was still tough.

Ferals have an ok time against Rogues, but it really depends on who jumped who first, and of course gear.
Ahem, I know someone who has a feral druid, which is epiced out at 70; and though it's changed for him now given he was told to respec as a sponge tank (he used to be avoidance)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&n=Galaurthis

Before the change, which I told him makes some sense given some of the trash in TK (I'm now in a guild that's running SSC and TK); even landing a hit on him in bear was bloody annoying as hell. Lets just say when we were in raids together, with the right buffs, he could hit around 91-92% dodge chance. Probably easier to hit him now, as he moved more to higher HP at request of guild (changed gems mostly). It's hard to kill what you can't land a successful hit in on.

On my rogue (where I did get better), I could stun lock and stuff; but when you're always getting dodged and stuff, it's kinda annoying to attack. Getting my hit rating up more (is nower closer to 200, was 150 then), has helped some, but.... Course, cause he's no longer Mr. Dodge to the same extent, there wouldn't be the same comparison from here on out.

Now, I won't say anything about unbeatable... But to say there's no challenge. This said, the times we dueled (before the guild requested change in his own char), I also walked away with a bit of a sense of what stats to work on myself Definitely no cake walk.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-08, 05:35 AM   #126
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Did they ever alter the hit box for cat droods? I remember hearing about that a lot, not so much anymore. I'm thinking it was fixed, or Druids simply went on with life.
Old 03-29-08, 11:21 AM   #127
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
Ahem, I know someone who has a feral druid, which is epiced out at 70; and though it's changed for him now given he was told to respec as a sponge tank (he used to be avoidance)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&n=Galaurthis

Before the change, which I told him makes some sense given some of the trash in TK (I'm now in a guild that's running SSC and TK); even landing a hit on him in bear was bloody annoying as hell. Lets just say when we were in raids together, with the right buffs, he could hit around 91-92% dodge chance. Probably easier to hit him now, as he moved more to higher HP at request of guild (changed gems mostly). It's hard to kill what you can't land a successful hit in on.
what a druid cannot deal with without resilience is magical damage. We have no ability to reflect it or absorb it that we can use while in bear form. So on a fight that is all melee, a feral druid is king, because the armor and dodge will carry them farther allowing them to take less spike damage then other tanks.

rogues are something a feral has an even if not a slight advantage over depending on who jumps who. A rogue can stun lock a druid in cat and burn them down before they have a chance to get any hots off and switch to bear.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-08, 11:22 AM   #128
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
Did they ever alter the hit box for cat droods? I remember hearing about that a lot, not so much anymore. I'm thinking it was fixed, or Druids simply went on with life.

nope, the word is that this is "by design" still. most people think if we had a snare/slow it wouldn't be so bad. It also doesn't help that we have talents to move quicker thus making some of the overall issue (range detection) harder
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling

Old 03-29-08, 03:26 PM   #129
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Quote:
nope, the word is that this is "by design" still. most people think if we had a snare/slow it wouldn't be so bad. It also doesn't help that we have talents to move quicker thus making some of the overall issue (range detection) harder
I imagine the "out of range" latency errors have got to be worse though. I know they drive me batty when I'm playing my Rogue during peak hours, latency can get into the 250-300 range. Not fun at all.
Old 03-29-08, 04:07 PM   #130
Rakeesh

Quote:
what a druid cannot deal with without resilience is magical damage. We have no ability to reflect it or absorb it that we can use while in bear form.
The trick is to get in close. Once a feral druid gets in close to you, and you're a caster, your clothie ass is pretty much done. Use nothing but cat form for this battle, with the occasional bear for feral charge or bash. I never give mages enough time to cast their nukes (save combo points for maim, or bash, failing those two war stomp, all are great spell interrupts) as I can run in for them faster than they can blink away and unlike a rogue their traps mean nothing to me. Warlocks have the ability to keep me away with DC and fear but my trinket solves that problem so long as I time it right.

This often doesn't work on shadow priests though, because unlike warlocks they can heal themselves quite well. You have to be a bit more creative against them (though they are very much the anti-druid IMO.)

Old 03-29-08, 06:25 PM   #131
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
The trick is to get in close. Once a feral druid gets in close to you, and you're a caster, your clothie ass is pretty much done. Use nothing but cat form for this battle, with the occasional bear for feral charge or bash. I never give mages enough time to cast their nukes (save combo points for maim, or bash, failing those two war stomp, all are great spell interrupts) as I can run in for them faster than they can blink away and unlike a rogue their traps mean nothing to me. Warlocks have the ability to keep me away with DC and fear but my trinket solves that problem so long as I time it right.

This often doesn't work on shadow priests though, because unlike warlocks they can heal themselves quite well. You have to be a bit more creative against them (though they are very much the anti-druid IMO.)

I do have 2 druids, the main being a feral... I know how they do and don't work
Old 03-30-08, 01:52 AM   #132
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK

Only druids that give me trouble on my Lock are resto, because they're really hard to burn down and they will most likely be running from you.