Old 03-30-08, 02:48 AM   #133
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default Re: Druids: the end game

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
I do have 2 druids, the main being a feral... I know how they do and don't work
I'm not sure what would offend you more, raping your mother or telling you that you suck at warcraft.
Old 03-30-08, 04:55 AM   #134
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
Only druids that give me trouble on my Lock are resto, because they're really hard to burn down and they will most likely be running from you.
I was dueling one warlock in my guild a few days ago and we were both in ventrilo, and just as he was about to finish casting soul fire, I hit maim on him and suddenly I hear "You little sh*t!"

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-08, 05:50 PM   #135
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Not saying unbeatable by any stretch. Just pretty damn good. You guys are basically trying to tell me that feral druids are nothing more than an annoyance in PVP and ultimately can't accomplish anything useful because of this that and the other. This is just not true...not at all.

Cloak of shadows? Medallion of the horde? Improved sprint? Free action potion? Believe me I am aware of these, and some.
I dont remeber saying that at all.
I do however think druids are totally overpowered.
*shrug*
Old 03-31-08, 07:50 AM   #136
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
I'm not sure what would offend you more, raping your mother or telling you that you suck at warcraft.

can I get back to you on this one =P
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 04:59 PM   #137
Son Goku

Quote:
what a druid cannot deal with without resilience is magical damage. We have no ability to reflect it or absorb it that we can use while in bear form. So on a fight that is all melee, a feral druid is king, because the armor and dodge will carry them farther allowing them to take less spike damage then other tanks.

rogues are something a feral has an even if not a slight advantage over depending on who jumps who. A rogue can stun lock a druid in cat and burn them down before they have a chance to get any hots off and switch to bear.
Feral druids do have a nasty tendency to rebound in given situations, vs. some other classes. Mine is 70, but currently has 5 greens left, and gearing them does take time. This especially as gear which is beneficial for them (outside rogue gear, in cat form), is also few and far between. Instance bosses, and heroics have a few drops; but most is crafted (mine's alch, as I need one for pots, and my hunter and rogue are both LW), tier, glad, or badge gear. Try getting in heroics off the bat, lol This said, doing dailies, my warrior is a bit better geared then my druid but my druid is far more survivable on dailies and what not. Due to bear and swipe; those insane respawns (over-farming of mobs, insta respawns, etc) don't bother him much, requiring less down time. All said, he'd own if geared, but at present I have 2 geared chars, and my rogue is actively raiding SSC/TK, so time to muck on another guy is a bit limited. Also reason to need a pot maker, magor agi pots are now insane in price

The person I mentioned also; to put some perspective to this, is also among one of the few druid tanks I've seen who comes closest to a paly tank in heroics, etc. Lets just say that like Gaara (was t5 paly tank, who also had a main in the realm's top raiding guild) who went through h shat halls speed runs (no crowd control); this person is pushing much the same. Going to tank speed runs, most often telling people he does not want CC. His goal, is to make the runs fast... There's a slight difference; AoE tanks, kill order doesn't matter, once they get that hold on a first target; things like lacerate are still per target based, but in the main he's worked out living without CC with some exceptions. As to stun locking, they help, but the duration isn't long enough; and among other things my rogue's hit rating, health, crit, etc is a hell of a lot higher then it was. 24k hp doesn't burn down before the stun wears out however, and then...

My guess would be Shaman. This said it's hard to say, as my shamy is now lvl 49 and doing BGs. Given level, and mana constraints, he's also enhancement. But as horde have at times liked to keep their distance, the mana pool and spell damage, hmm

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/ch...7Thul&n=Begeta

His gear is somewhat dated as he was a 39 BG twink that I just moved to 49 BGs due to long queues and also nubs in BGs that couldn't do things like capture the flag He's also somewhat of a mixed bag; providing fast kills if a mob isn't paying attention (a shock spell that takes 1/3 it's hp per hit is nasty), but doesn't fair well if mobed (as some have noted, a bit less surviveable). In PvE and at 42, he did end up tanking a fair bit in ZF, but if mobed PvP, etc... One cat druid, it ended with me at 20% hp, and it dead; but melee is not always advantage there. Toying with idea whether to keep him enhance, or switch to an elemental/resto mixed build. Not decided yet, but before he's in some outland gear, forget it. Still undecided; but for ferals, elemental attacks, but mail wearer, with possibility of shield, and of course heals...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 11:10 PM   #138
Rakeesh

Pretty much the only class I have a hard time with as feral druid is priest. Anything else is either flat out very easy to kill period, or killable depending on whether or not they outgear me.

I keep hearing some people talk about how hunters easily kill feral druids but the opposite is true in my experience.

Code:
/cast [stance:1] !Dire Bear Form
/cast [stance:2] !Aquatic Form
/cast [stance:3] !Cat Form
/cast [stance:4] !Travel Form
Bind it to a button. Live it. Learn it. Love it. It's the "I win" button for any battle that involves hunters, shamans, mages, or pretty much any kind of class that likes to stop or otherwise movement debuff you, as basically all of their bullsh*t means nothing when you use this. Oh and if you are a rogue or feral druid who steers with the keyboard...well, go roll another class because you're guaranteed to suck.

Oh and to those who said that at 70 feral druids are "below average" in battlegrounds...

I don't even have all of my glad gear yet either. As a feral druid I don't really feel so below average. Especially warsong gulch, when I am a flag runner I am pretty much unstoppable. Permanent 61.5% run speed in travel form, virtually infinite snare breaks, high damage resist in bear form...and a paladin is somehow better than that? Pfft.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dpwn.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	31175  

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 04-24-08, 02:57 AM   #139
Dvahlish

Im sorry, but who said druids were below average?
Old 04-24-08, 03:01 AM   #140
Dvahlish

Quote:
Pretty much the only class I have a hard time with as feral druid is priest. Anything else is either flat out very easy to kill period, or killable depending on whether or not they outgear me.

I keep hearing some people talk about how hunters easily kill feral druids but the opposite is true in my experience.

Code:
/cast [stance:1] !Dire Bear Form
/cast [stance:2] !Aquatic Form
/cast [stance:3] !Cat Form
/cast [stance:4] !Travel Form
Bind it to a button. Live it. Learn it. Love it. It's the "I win" button for any battle that involves hunters, shamans, mages, or pretty much any kind of class that likes to stop or otherwise movement debuff you, as basically all of their bullsh*t means nothing when you use this. Oh and if you are a rogue or feral druid who steers with the keyboard...well, go roll another class because you're guaranteed to suck.

Oh and to those who said that at 70 feral druids are "below average" in battlegrounds...

I don't even have all of my glad gear yet either. As a feral druid I don't really feel so below average. Especially warsong gulch, when I am a flag runner I am pretty much unstoppable. Permanent 61.5% run speed in travel form, virtually infinite snare breaks, high damage resist in bear form...and a paladin is somehow better than that? Pfft.
If you steer with they keyboard...go roll another class cos you suck????

LOL dude...

I use my keyboard..I dont suck....but then again, I forget, you know everything dont you...after all, your druid is quite obviously the most "uber" druid on the whole dam server.

Pppppftttttttt

Old 04-24-08, 04:14 AM   #141
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
Im sorry, but who said druids were below average?
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...6&postcount=70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
If you steer with they keyboard...go roll another class cos you suck????

LOL dude...

I use my keyboard..I dont suck....but then again, I forget, you know everything dont you...after all, your druid is quite obviously the most "uber" druid on the whole dam server.

Pppppftttttttt

Thing is, I can easily tell when somebody is doing this, and I demolish them because they can't keep up and I am always behind them. True jumping helps you turn faster with the keyboard, but it still doesn't compare to using the mouse. You can get away with the keyboard for pve or if you are a ranged attacker, but warriors and paladins with venge gear will eat you alive if you try to go toe to toe with them using the keyboard (assuming you are like me and don't have venge gear yourself.)

Old 04-24-08, 09:00 AM   #142
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

The bigger issue with ferals PvP is in arena. In the battle grounds they do better. Its where they where designed to thrive in.

In PvE they don't scale as well as other classes because our weapon dps in all T6 gear is the same as it was in all greens @ 70. The only thing we have is AP. Granted things got much better when they readjusted the amount of FAP on weapons and made us scale off of AP on items better.

note: they also try to match people by item level.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
Old 04-24-08, 11:44 AM   #143
Rakeesh

Quote:
The bigger issue with ferals PvP is in arena.
In arena its more about pairing with other classes that complement each other well. I have done a few matches but for the most part it is craptastic because feral druids tend to benefit themselves more than everybody else. I do know that in the 2's feral druids can shine, in fact I've seen a disc priest and feral druid team in the 2300's, as well as a feral druid and resto druid combo in the 2000's.

I myself have paired with a warlock in my guild and each time we run into the "dreaded" warrior/resto druid pair we destroy it, namely because we keep cycling fear, roots, and cyclone on the warrior while I beat the crap out of the druid because I can way outrun his travel form in my cat form without even using dash. Not only that but its hard for him to stay in travel form when both his health and the warriors health are constantly falling from both the lock dots and my damage.

Quote:
In PvE they don't scale as well as other classes because our weapon dps in all T6 gear is the same as it was in all greens @ 70. The only thing we have is AP. Granted things got much better when they readjusted the amount of FAP on weapons and made us scale off of AP on items better.
It scales, not that well but I have definitely noticed improvements in dps, in fact when I tank heroics, just because of the pvp gear I have I actually manage to outdps the guys that are in partial epics who are there just for dps Nevermind what kitty dps does.

Now, we may not have the DPS of a rogue, but our burst damage dwarfs theirs, and continues to increase as our gear does. The problem is our white damage doesn't increase much if at all so you have to leverage your yellow damage properly. If you just sit there and manglespam and never powershift to gain energy at the server ticks then yeah your dps will fall pretty far behind everybody elses. However if you take advantage of your rip and shred, and manage your energy properly, you can compete with the other classes, but you aren't going to do anything phenomenal.

My current strategy is to load my gear with tons of agility which not only helps with dps but tanking as well. So far I am still top dps in our guilds kara runs, though I have doubts I will stay that way forever.

One thing that is hard to deny though, is that our burst damage will really f*ck people up in PVP in very short order.

Quote:
note: they also try to match people by item level.
I don't think they do, the very first arena match I did was against a shaman and warrior who were both full venge with me and my partner in mostly greens

Old 04-24-08, 01:10 PM   #144
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
I don't think they do, the very first arena match I did was against a shaman and warrior who were both full venge with me and my partner in mostly greens
gear match for battle grounds, not arena... should have mentioned that

I'm not too worried about my feral dps, he is competitive in late T5 and early T6 with me going in and out of tanking. If I am going on a dps slot, I normally going on my balance druid who does real well except AoE heavy encounters.

http://wowwebstats.com/5ys3dhejajw1o?s=2586-3001
came in 6th, and I can't remember which gear set I was in... prolly cat.