Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-24-08, 06:33 PM   #145
Rakeesh

Default Re: Druids: the end game

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
I'm not too worried about my feral dps, he is competitive in late T5 and early T6 with me going in and out of tanking.
I don't know much about raids yet as so far I have only done part of kara, but druids sure make awesome tanks for heroics.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 07:08 PM   #146
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
I don't know much about raids yet as so far I have only done part of kara, but druids sure make awesome tanks for heroics.
some healers prefer raid healing a druid over other tank types. I know some of my guild healers do.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 07:32 PM   #147
Rakeesh

Quote:
some healers prefer raid healing a druid over other tank types. I know some of my guild healers do.
I imagine this would be true for shaman healers. Their agility totem plus their crit heals make our armor and dodge rating become...godly. I had a shaman healer with only a 900 heal bonus who was able to keep up just fine because of that combination in a heroic run, any other healer, or an equally geared warrior tanking instead of me, would have flopped for sure.

BTW as far as arena goes, I think the problem with ferals is that we simply lack the ability to drop most healers quickly whereas other melee classes tend to be able to do so. If blizzard fixed that somehow, that would solve the arena problem and make them quite viable. My thoughts are along the lines of adding a talent to the deep end of the feral tree that gives them a healing debuff similar to mortal strike, though maybe not quite as powerful as that would make us overpowered.

Something like a talent that adds a 40% healing debuff to rake (which is just a waste of energy against anything but high armored targets) which would last for the duration of the bleed effect.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 04-25-08, 12:19 AM   #148
Rakeesh

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html

Quote:
Scare Beast: The range on this spell has been increased to 30 yards and it is now instant cast.
That is so bullsh*t. If the patch goes live for this it will be nearly impossible to do battlegrounds with a feral druid. You'll just get fearlocked everywhere you go as there are hunters pretty much everywhere in BG's.

Not even warlocks fear is that good. That would be like making their death coil last 10 seconds and have 30 yard range with a 30 sec cooldown.

If this really goes into the next patch I will probably stop playing the game. I didn't just spend 4 months rolling a character only to have him get shut out of PVP right as he starts maturing. Way to ruin the game blizzard.

Old 04-25-08, 08:24 AM   #149
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I quit last week anyway, the game is like a second job.
Old 04-25-08, 08:37 AM   #150
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

If I quit every time the class suffered something like this, would never have had as much fun with my guild in the PvE aspect of the game. It is a sucky change, but PvP was already screwed for druids.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
Old 04-25-08, 11:04 AM   #151
Rakeesh

Quote:
If I quit every time the class suffered something like this, would never have had as much fun with my guild in the PvE aspect of the game. It is a sucky change, but PvP was already screwed for druids.
Its just fine right now, for me anyways. PvE doesn't mean much to me. If they ruin pvp for the only toon I have, then f*ck this game IMO. It would be one thing if it wasn't so cookie cutter and I could re-adjust my stats somehow or something like that to excel in other areas, but it just aint so. Hell, this game as a whole doesn't mean much to me come to think of it, I've played much better games, this one is mainly only interesting due to the social content.

Old 04-27-08, 05:44 PM   #152
Dvahlish

Quote:
Both of our main tanks for kara and gruukls are pallys.
Much more preferable.
metal padding and pally buffs ftw.

Old 04-28-08, 09:48 AM   #153
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
Both of our main tanks for kara and gruukls are pallys.
Much more preferable.
metal padding and pally buffs ftw.

except that stretch where the mobs are magic immune, and on prince where he tends to instagib tanks. Ferals make better Boss tanks where the damage is melee based normally.
Old 04-28-08, 04:30 PM   #154
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

I see your 22 min game.. and raise you!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot_031208_045701.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	31215  
Old 05-01-08, 01:16 AM   #155
Dvahlish

Quote:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...6&postcount=70

Thing is, I can easily tell when somebody is doing this, and I demolish them because they can't keep up and I am always behind them. True jumping helps you turn faster with the keyboard, but it still doesn't compare to using the mouse. You can get away with the keyboard for pve or if you are a ranged attacker, but warriors and paladins with venge gear will eat you alive if you try to go toe to toe with them using the keyboard (assuming you are like me and don't have venge gear yourself.)
Well, this is ghe biggest load of **** I have heard.
I use my keyboard and I have no trouble at all..............
I think it all comes down to what you prefer actually, and you are just generalising.
Old 05-01-08, 01:20 AM   #156
Dvahlish

Quote:
Its just fine right now, for me anyways. PvE doesn't mean much to me. If they ruin pvp for the only toon I have, then f*ck this game IMO. It would be one thing if it wasn't so cookie cutter and I could re-adjust my stats somehow or something like that to excel in other areas, but it just aint so. Hell, this game as a whole doesn't mean much to me come to think of it, I've played much better games, this one is mainly only interesting due to the social content.
Exactly how long can you pvp before it gets insanely boring anyway?
I used to be strictly pvp until I geared up, but now...I couldnt care less if I never did another BG or arena again ever....so damn boring in comparison to PVE IMO.

PVE is a great way to progress and work as a guild as well.
I love it.