Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-01-08, 08:11 AM   #157
Rakeesh

Default Re: Druids: the end game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
Well, this is ghe biggest load of **** I have heard.
I use my keyboard and I have no trouble at all..............
I think it all comes down to what you prefer actually, and you are just generalising.
Well I must be doing something right. As much of a newbie as I am to arena, a disc priest and I popped a 1700 rating today, our first day of playing together no less.

Though it went back down to 1600 after we were lined up against a bunch of full venge teams (whose asses we kicked a few times actually, with me in my half glad/half outlands quest gear.) Sadly enough the full venge teams tend to drop your rating by like 20 points while when you win against them you only gain like 5 points...something is very wrong with this IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
Exactly how long can you pvp before it gets insanely boring anyway?
For this game? Not long I imagine. The PVP content in this game isn't as good as it could be. I tend to view PVE as being a good break from PVP. As soon as I get bored of the pvp content I'll probably quit. It's kind of hard to get bored of something you do really well at though.

And honestly, I think I do quite well at pvp in this game, even my guild leader told me that I am one of the best pvper's he has ever known.

Funny story that, as this was in the same sentence as "but when it comes to instances, you tend to be a little slow" Which I admit, I tend to be a bit slow in instances. He made that comment after I was slow to react when offtanking the first boss in kara causing us to wipe, and he said that if only the boss was a night elf then I would be all over that sh*t right away.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-08, 09:44 PM   #158
Phyre

For you Droods.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zm63Gmaxlho
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-08, 01:51 PM   #159
Rakeesh

Still waiting to see the gear issue with feral druids at 70

I've wrecked so many full S3 people while wearing not even full S1 gear myself. I've had people laugh at my gear and then duel me thinking I will be easy to kill, only to end up with me mopping the floor with their ass...sl/sl lock...bm hunter...name the class/spec and I've killed good players who use it, except priests. I've developed a very solid pvp reputation in my guild.

As far as PVE content goes, you may have a point as I haven't gotten that far yet, and if you measure success entirely by your score on the damage meter (which I still manage to top out on in our kara runs nearly every single time I am not mt)...but for pvp, feral druid is a very solid class/spec.

I've started gathering resto gear and am giving that a try for pvp. So far it is pretty fun, only downside is that in bg's you can't really lead the charge.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 06-09-08, 04:52 PM   #160
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish View Post
Both of our main tanks for kara and gruukls are pallys.
Much more preferable.
metal padding and pally buffs ftw.
I've done a bit of pve healing (I maintain 4 different gear sets these days, pve feral, pvp feral, pve resto, pvp resto, and I re-spec somewhat often) and I think I hate paladin tanks the most. Honestly, they can't hold threat for damn. Every time I try to heal a paladin tank through a heroic I end up dieing all the time, but his health is constantly topped off each time I die so it aint as if I am failing as a healer.

When I feral tank, my healer takes one or two melee hits at most the whole instance and never dies unless I die first. The occasional mob that does run after the healer when cc fails and I am holding 5-6 mobs at once, I just quickly target and feral charge stopping him in place and mangle or roar to pick him back up. So far I've tanked every heroic in the game as well as kara and some of za, and I've done just fine. Many people in my guild always tell me about how they love feral tanks.

Old 06-10-08, 04:57 AM   #161
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Lots of bad paly tanks, and lots of groups won't let them establish a nice aggro lead when the fight starts. And bear tanks are nice they tend to hold threat because of damage, not taunts.
Old 06-10-08, 12:21 PM   #162
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil View Post
Lots of bad paly tanks, and lots of groups won't let them establish a nice aggro lead when the fight starts.
Kinda hard to do this as a healer though. Paladin tanks take a lot more spike damage than bear tanks and warrior tanks so they need to be healed quickly, so my heals often have to land prior to them ever getting a good agro lead. Then I pull two mobs off of him and get one shotted.

Old 06-10-08, 06:31 PM   #163
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

AFAIK, druid healing is primarily all HOT based so unless things really go bad leaving some rolling life blooms will do a good chunk of any healing you need to do. Obviously you need more from time to time, but that should cover a lot of druid healing.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-08, 09:37 AM   #164
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182 View Post
AFAIK, druid healing is primarily all HOT based so unless things really go bad leaving some rolling life blooms will do a good chunk of any healing you need to do. Obviously you need more from time to time, but that should cover a lot of druid healing.
Druid healing is all about keeping your HPS at or above the combined DPS of everything on the tank, throwing in the occasional burst heal with swiftmend. Unlike other healers you don't really need to time anything to make sure you don't e.g. overheal and waste mana.

For most healing lifebloom is all you really need, I just keep lifebloom 3 stacked and renew it on them every 7 seconds and it does a ton of HPS (with my 1,300 healing bonus this is somewhere around 600 HPS.)

This is the problem with paladin tanks. I start throwing the hots on and my tps quickly exceeds theirs on the secondary targets. Consecrate simply doesn't do enough to hold that initial agro.

Old 06-11-08, 11:15 PM   #165
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
This is the problem with paladin tanks. I start throwing the hots on and my tps quickly exceeds theirs on the secondary targets. Consecrate simply doesn't do enough to hold that initial agro.
Like I said before, lots of bad Paly tanks. Be it not knowing how to tank properly, poor gearing, or just plain sucking.
Old 06-12-08, 09:11 AM   #166
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

a paladin tank is a bit harder to gear because everything comes form heroics or kara to start making the spec work, or some really lucky drops.

A feral can just the LW set and be good till late kara.

Once a pally gets geared though, and they know what they are doing, they can be much better tanks than ferals because they don't require crowd control, and all the fun pally buffs. Salvation is a wonderful thing.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
Old 06-12-08, 10:06 AM   #167
Rakeesh

Quote:
A feral can just the LW set and be good till late kara.
Actually you can just get all pvp gear and be fine through all of kara, including prince as reisilience and the heart of the wild talent push crits right off of the damage table. Hell, I did, only with earthwarden rather than the gladiator's maul, and earthwarden is very easy to obtain. Only thing with druids is we can't get rid of crushing damage, but for 99% of the fights out there this is no big deal for a druid.

Quote:
Once a pally gets geared though, and they know what they are doing, they can be much better tanks than ferals because they don't require crowd control
Neither do I really. In fact the run through kara I am on now we basically have no crowd control (haven't finished due to a lack of time, but the run itself is going smoothly.) Often times in heroics these days I just forgo crowd control simply because it makes the run take longer. I can hold up to 4 or 5 elite mobs on me with little to no difficulty, and unlike a paladin I can weather the kind of damage that a stack that size will dish out pretty well, even if they are casters, as my armor and hp dwarf his. Tab/swipe ftw.

Only place I would say a paladin really has an advantage over me in that regard is those non-elite aoe trash pulls. But hell you can practically get away with no tank at all there.

Old 06-13-08, 08:17 AM   #168
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

to each their own. Those of use fortunate to not have a suck prot paladin see things a bit different than you do. By saying that I am not discounting ferals. I played one of the guilds favorite big bear tanks for a good while, and tried to not use much CC if any when I was blocking the mobs weapons with my face.

The Clefthoof set is just easier to get if you can't stand to PvP grind the worth while PvP pieces. Right not my tank set is a combination of 4 T4 and the S3 chest with the resil gems to put me over cap. If you have the agi on your gear, you can drop def and use far less res to get uncritable.

The place where pally tanks really shine is spots in SSC, TK, ZA, and Mount Hyjal. And really I have no issue with them tanking because it means I get to do things in the raid that are more fun... like out dpsing the top mages in guild. Its rather funny to hear a 'pure' dps class cry when a hybrid beats them. Go go space chicken!