Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-18-08, 03:40 PM   #25
Dvahlish

Default Re: Druids: the end game

And again OP!!!
Im not kidding, I dont know anyone who likes coming up against a druid.
Every now and then Ill take one down, but not often.
Its not a fair fight, most of the time I just leave them alone.

They are fun to play though.
Old 02-18-08, 04:09 PM   #26
nVJoe

Druids are way over powered. The very idea that druids think they are underpowered makes me laugh HARD!

I strongly believe that the imbalance that Blizzard brought to the game with Druids broke the game.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08, 04:23 PM   #27
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Druids are way over powered. The very idea that druids think they are underpowered makes me laugh HARD!

I strongly believe that the imbalance that Blizzard brought to the game with Druids broke the game.
Heh...
Hearing Druid stories of pwn is like hearing a hunters to me..
Its like..yeh....well you have so many abilities Id be worried if you DIDNT win that fight.

But, I like druids, they make great tanks and healers
Old 02-18-08, 05:59 PM   #28
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe

Hey its not me thats saying it. If you look at the wow threads I've posted to, I keep getting comments like "yeah, well I've had a druid for years and once everybody gets gear they suck, my hunter is way better, I've been playing longer than you."

Sorry I just don't buy it. If I can kill a 60 hunter at 55, I don't imagine having much trouble at 70 either. This was even a hunter who was looking for a fight, so I don't imagine him being much of a newbie at pvp. Hell, even wowwiki agrees with me:

http://www.wowwiki.com/How_to_kill_a...ruid%29#Hunter

Quote:
Hunters are not one of the harder classes for a druid to beat.
Each time I run into a hunter, unless he is much higher level than me or hits me while I am fighting a mob, I almost always win.

The only class I am afraid to fight each time I encounter it is a priest. They outheal my dots and they have many crowd control abilities that basically lock me during the fight. To a lesser extent warlocks as well, they are almost as hard as priests but I've taken many down. My key advantage against warlocks comes down to the fact that while they can crowd control me, they can't do anything about my dots, and they can't heal. I can remove whichever curse they put on me, and I can heal.

Only class that is relatively unknown to me are shamans as I've never had a real battle with one and my encounters with them are rare (its either them a much higher level and kill me quickly, or I stunlock kill them and theres not much of a fight.)

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08, 06:15 PM   #29
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Hey its not me thats saying it. If you look at the wow threads I've posted to, I keep getting comments like "yeah, well I've had a druid for years and once everybody gets gear they suck, my hunter is way better, I've been playing longer than you."

Sorry I just don't buy it. If I can kill a 60 hunter at 55, I don't imagine having much trouble at 70 either. This was even a hunter who was looking for a fight, so I don't imagine him being much of a newbie at pvp. Hell, even wowwiki agrees with me:

Each time I run into a hunter, unless he is much higher level than me or hits me while I am fighting a mob, I almost always win.

Only class that is relatively unknown to me are shamans as I've never had a real battle with one and my encounters with them are rare (its either them a much higher level and kill me quickly, or I stunlock kill them and theres not much of a fight.)
BECAUSE DRUIDS ARE OVERPOWERED!!!!!!!!!

But...depending on the shammy...its either elemental or ehancement (I forget) they are one of the druids biggest threats...
I *think* its the enhancement....could be wrong.
Old 02-18-08, 09:58 PM   #30
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK

The only class I am afraid to fight each time I encounter it is a priest. They outheal my dots and they have many crowd control abilities that basically lock me during the fight. To a lesser extent warlocks as well, they are almost as hard as priests but I've taken many down. My key advantage against warlocks comes down to the fact that while they can crowd control me, they can't do anything about my dots, and they can't heal. I can remove whichever curse they put on me, and I can heal.

People are stupid. Druids are completely over powered and so are hunters.

Druids can kill Shamies. Shamies are only good against cloth wearers.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08, 10:07 PM   #31
Rakeesh

I've seen a ton of druids that suck though. Most of the ones that suck at least partially or completely neglect their bleeds. If you don't use your bleeds as a druid, then you will suck. That is your primary source of DPS right there. Rake does more damage than claw for less energy, plus it isn't mitigated by armor unlike claw so it counts for yet more than you see on the mouse over stats. You combine that with mangle and even more damage. Yet I see so many so called "veteran" feral druids that stupidly don't use the damn thing.

You only use claw when your rake is still ticking and you don't have many combo points. When you have combo points, drop a rip rather than ferocious bite on stuff like a warrior, paladin, etc because it again is not mitigated by armor and thus will do more damage. If a rogue is near death drop rip rather than ferocious bite to defeat his cheat death.

The only time ferocious bite really does tons of damage is when it crits, but you don't want to rely on that to crit.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 02-18-08, 10:17 PM   #32
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

A lot of very bad players out there. Many of whom still equate time played with skill - which couldn't be farther from the truth. Or worse, you get people who hold level 70 (and when 60 was the cap) as some magical thing, that upon reaching 70 you are suddenly enlightened, and anyone who isn't 70 is just "dude, you just wouldn't understand."

Old 02-18-08, 10:19 PM   #33
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Also, my main is a Warlock and I don't even try to kill Resto Druids anymore, because I don't feel like having to spend 30 minutes chasing their asses down while they out heal all my DoTs.

Feral druids are bad if they get the drop on you, otherwise they tend to lose. And Boomkin.. lol..
Old 02-18-08, 10:29 PM   #34
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
Also, my main is a Warlock and I don't even try to kill Resto Druids anymore, because I don't feel like having to spend 30 minutes chasing their asses down while they out heal all my DoTs.

Feral druids are bad if they get the drop on you, otherwise they tend to lose. And Boomkin.. lol..
Boomkin is funny They run around in circles with that uber armor while moonfire bombing people. I've never been a victim of that but I've seen it happen, and I can tell that would really piss people off.

A boomkin druid (level 64) and I went and attacked sentinel hill and he did that while I was going around kiting everybody who his dots were hitting. We both kept healing each other and his moonfire would crit for 1.7k and the dots would finish most of the 50ish casters off.

Old 02-18-08, 10:31 PM   #35
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
A lot of very bad players out there. Many of whom still equate time played with skill - which couldn't be farther from the truth. Or worse, you get people who hold level 70 (and when 60 was the cap) as some magical thing, that upon reaching 70 you are suddenly enlightened, and anyone who isn't 70 is just "dude, you just wouldn't understand."
Ahaha! So true!
All of a sudden everyone else becomes a noob, or a noobcake...or nooblet...GRRRR!!!!!!

I dont care for people tales of PVP battle, seriously I really couldnt care less....PVP battle means little to me outside a BG or arena.

Its easy to find easy prey out in the wow world....
So what?

Its not easy to have the team work to have a successful arean team or the teamwork required to take down end bosses and heroics.

People talking up there PVP leetness doesnt impress me , but show me a well decked out 70 that has obviously taken the time to become attuned and to have run the heroics and end game instances...someone who has actually planned and put time into thier toon rather than just running about ganking alli 30 lvls lower than him....
Then..Im impressed.
Old 02-18-08, 11:09 PM   #36
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
someone who has actually planned and put time into thier toon rather than just running about ganking alli 30 lvls lower than him....
Then..Im impressed.
Ya 30 levels below is nothing. But killing somebody 5 levels above you on multiple occasions, that is a triumph