Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-18-08, 11:18 PM   #37
Dvahlish

Default Re: Druids: the end game

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Ya 30 levels below is nothing. But killing somebody 5 levels above you on multiple occasions, that is a triumph
Whatever floats ya boat I guess.

An awesome victory on the BG, where veryone worked well as a total team..., a success in an arena battle...
Taking down a heroic end boss that you have previously wiped on at many occasion.
Thats a triumph to me.
Old 02-18-08, 11:26 PM   #38
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

I still have very fond memories of WoW before BG. When world pvp was just awesomely fun. Entire raids going into Westfall, and then trying to hold the little alliance tower as long as you could. Or when it was fairly common for the server to crash when one side launched a raid on the other sides city.

I like BG. Its mindless fun. But I don't care for arena, which is far to clinical and has really hurt wow regarding balance. You get to many changed made to a class for PvP purposes that effects legitimate PvE usage.
Old 02-18-08, 11:35 PM   #39
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
I still have very fond memories of WoW before BG. When world pvp was just awesomely fun. Entire raids going into Westfall, and then trying to hold the little alliance tower as long as you could. Or when it was fairly common for the server to crash when one side launched a raid on the other sides city.

I like BG. Its mindless fun. But I don't care for arena, which is far to clinical and has really hurt wow regarding balance. You get to many changed made to a class for PvP purposes that effects legitimate PvE usage.
Yeh...for sure, that would be awesome.
The few alli raids I have been on have been a lot of fun, but Im sure lack in comparison.

I honestly think world pvp is silly in most cases.
And dont even get me started on the campers.....

I dunno....I feel like the crowd that are playing wow these days is getting younger and younger and this is affecting the game somewhat.
Old 02-19-08, 12:06 AM   #40
Rakeesh

I just did some math. With my typical drop I get on somebody at my level (55,) without even counting the gear I am wearing or crits (mine is ~25% btw,) and not counting the base damage, not counting mangle which I don't have yet, I will deal a minimum of 1,683 damage with just the first wave of attacks that land. Probably more realistically 2000+ damage. If I am lucky and my claw and rake crit, around 2300 damage. If you add the intermediary strikes that occur between attacks used, maybe around 2500 damage.

This damage will occur over a period of about 20 seconds, maybe more maybe less depending on how I execute the attack. And keep in mind this damage ignores their armor almost completely so that plate armor a paladin might wear doesn't mean much. It only helps once I start spamming claw.

To put that into perspective, with my current build I have about 3,000hp in cat form, 3,800 in bear form, the range of which is fairly representative of most classes at my level except people with high stam gear and other whatnots.

The only thing this wouldn't apply to that I know of (I am pretty new to this game afterall, I haven't seen everything yet) is any dwarf race toon if they haven't already burned their stoneskin thing. A dwarf race toon if played right could seriously mitigate the damage I deal.

With that considered: Overpowered? May very well be, I don't know this game well enough to say that. But its still fun to slay huntards that go around trying to camp your towns

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-08, 02:57 AM   #41
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
I honestly think world pvp is silly in most cases.
And dont even get me started on the campers.....
Only times I've ever really corpse camped, is when some asshat who I bear no hostility to in e.g. a town, suddenly decides that he wants a piece of me and kills me while I am talking to a vendor or something like that.

A warrior a level above me did this to me not long ago in un'goro. He named his toon Bigtruck in a guild named "E L I T E," so he obviously thought he was some little badass. After a while I found him out in the open just by himself. I first started by rooting him and then doing a /laugh on him for about 3 secs for good measure, then I charged in and beat the crap out of him. I spent the next 10 minutes corpse camping his dumb ass.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 02-19-08, 04:21 AM   #42
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Quote:
I just did some math. With my typical drop I get on somebody at my level (55,) without even counting the gear I am wearing or crits (mine is ~25% btw,) and not counting the base damage, not counting mangle which I don't have yet, I will deal a minimum of 1,683 damage with just the first wave of attacks that land. Probably more realistically 2000+ damage. If I am lucky and my claw and rake crit, around 2300 damage. If you add the intermediary strikes that occur between attacks used, maybe around 2500 damage.

This damage will occur over a period of about 20 seconds, maybe more maybe less depending on how I execute the attack. And keep in mind this damage ignores their armor almost completely so that plate armor a paladin might wear doesn't mean much. It only helps once I start spamming claw.

To put that into perspective, with my current build I have about 3,000hp in cat form, 3,800 in bear form, the range of which is fairly representative of most classes at my level except people with high stam gear and other whatnots.

The only thing this wouldn't apply to that I know of (I am pretty new to this game afterall, I haven't seen everything yet) is any dwarf race toon if they haven't already burned their stoneskin thing. A dwarf race toon if played right could seriously mitigate the damage I deal.

With that considered: Overpowered? May very well be, I don't know this game well enough to say that. But its still fun to slay huntards that go around trying to camp your towns
If your really interested in number crunching/theory crafting I'd recommend the EJ Forums. Lots of very solid information and a near gestapo quality moderators to weed out the typical forumite dregs.
Old 02-19-08, 10:09 AM   #43
nVJoe

Quote:
I've seen a ton of druids that suck though. Most of the ones that suck at least partially or completely neglect their bleeds. If you don't use your bleeds as a druid, then you will suck. That is your primary source of DPS right there. Rake does more damage than claw for less energy, plus it isn't mitigated by armor unlike claw so it counts for yet more than you see on the mouse over stats. You combine that with mangle and even more damage. Yet I see so many so called "veteran" feral druids that stupidly don't use the damn thing.

You only use claw when your rake is still ticking and you don't have many combo points. When you have combo points, drop a rip rather than ferocious bite on stuff like a warrior, paladin, etc because it again is not mitigated by armor and thus will do more damage. If a rogue is near death drop rip rather than ferocious bite to defeat his cheat death.

The only time ferocious bite really does tons of damage is when it crits, but you don't want to rely on that to crit.
The reason why so many druids suck is the same reason why so many hunters suck, EVERYONE plays at least one. They know these two classes are overpowered and easy to play. So new players latch on to one of these easy classes and find out that it still takes skill to play. Then they say that particular class sucks in the forums.

Again, people are stupid.

These same people are truly terrible at more difficult classes like warrior or priest.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-08, 10:29 AM   #44
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

I was rather happy they are taking away the bleed immunity from end game mobs. Nothing sucks more than trying to tank/dps a mob that is bleed immune. FB is a waste of dps because of the energy to damage conversion. Its better to just keep mangle up and spam shred than actually use a finisher.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-08, 03:03 PM   #45
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
The reason why so many druids suck is the same reason why so many hunters suck, EVERYONE plays at least one. They know these two classes are overpowered and easy to play. So new players latch on to one of these easy classes and find out that it still takes skill to play. Then they say that particular class sucks in the forums.
Whole reason I played druid is because it just looked fun. First class I made was a rogue and I got bored with that quickly by level 20. So I started looking around at the different class abilities, and druid looked by far the most interesting. I was actually a bit hesitant because when you look at it they don't necessarily do the best at any one thing, and I wanted to play PVP. But after playing to level 30 or so I realized that once their abilities are used in a nice harmony rather than e.g. sticking to any one form in battle, they totally kick ass.

Old 02-19-08, 03:43 PM   #46
Dvahlish

Quote:
Whole reason I played druid is because it just looked fun. First class I made was a rogue and I got bored with that quickly by level 20. So I started looking around at the different class abilities, and druid looked by far the most interesting. I was actually a bit hesitant because when you look at it they don't necessarily do the best at any one thing, and I wanted to play PVP. But after playing to level 30 or so I realized that once their abilities are used in a nice harmony rather than e.g. sticking to any one form in battle, they totally kick ass.
Druids are fun...but they are getting as bad as rogues now in population.
Every second person has one.
I know when your in Shatt its like "spot the non-druid"

Now my rogue is 70 so Im looking at an alt...it was going to be a druid, But last night I started an orc shammy instead.
Not as many of them and just as much fun IMO.
Old 02-19-08, 04:50 PM   #47
nVJoe

Quote:
Druids used to suck. Now they are out of this world overpowered. It really is a shame. They took a class that needed some help and destroyed it.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-08, 05:24 PM   #48
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
Druids are fun...but they are getting as bad as rogues now in population.
Every second person has one.
I know when your in Shatt its like "spot the non-druid"

Now my rogue is 70 so Im looking at an alt...it was going to be a druid, But last night I started an orc shammy instead.
Not as many of them and just as much fun IMO.
I rarely ever see other druids in my realm tbh. But I've never been to shatt though. I think I see warlocks, rogues, and hunters more than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Druids used to suck. Now they are out of this world overpowered. It really is a shame. They took a class that needed some help and destroyed it.
Another thing about druid besides its combat capabilities is a little role play element that goes along with it. I don't role play myself, but its cool when you think about it. Druids have their own faction neutral territory (moonglade,) the whole shapeshifting thing is awesome, and the class itself plays a heavy role in the game lore. When I play the game I feel as though druids are almost their own third quasi faction.

I just love druids I'll never start an attack against another druid. I had one ally druid attack me while I was fighting a mob and killed me. Then I came back and, in a very long battle, killed her. After that I came back again and just waved to her, and she did apologize after that. If she wasn't a druid, I would have killed her again.