Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-20-08, 11:05 AM   #61
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Druids: the end game

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
Perhaps, when the Shadow Tree is viable, right now I have less downtime as holy and its much easier to get into a group.
Huh? Shadow tree is more than viable and is tremendously faster leveling with very little downtime. Not to mention you can easily heal any instance while leveling specced shadow.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-08, 03:43 PM   #62
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Oh you guys actually group with others and run instances when leveling? I haven't done that since my first toon. We solo when leveling until we get to the group quests. Then we power level those. Then we are back at it. With the reduced xp per level and increased xp per quest, leveling is simple. It also helps if you follow Joanah'a guide or what ever her name is. That cuts the time from 0-60 down to 3 days game played.

Once you get to 70 then you go holy or stay shadow for PVP.
With my druid and my shammy I have power levelled by having either my rogue or my bf's 70 mage run them through all the low instances over and over again.
I have levelled to 70...I know what its all about Im SO not up for the 1-40 levelling again....
After 40 I dont mind it so much.....but those first levels are awful!!

Its a nice way to get some good gear and awesome xp as well.
Old 02-21-08, 12:54 AM   #63
Rakeesh

Ok just solo killed a 60 warlock at level 57. Now I know I can beat every class with druid except priests

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 01:46 AM   #64
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I'm on the verge of hitting 70 now. Now in a day or two I just have to start collecting tanking gear to start doing heroics.
Old 02-21-08, 09:18 AM   #65
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Ok just solo killed a 60 warlock at level 57. Now I know I can beat every class with druid except priests

wait till 70 when gear comes to play... its just sad really. However ferals are getting a PvP buff in nurturing instinct, so who knows. It might not be enough to matter. The 4 piece boomkin arena set kicks some serious ass, and I am one week away from having it. The speed boost will be fun until 2.4 rolls, but then I will enjoy quicker booms with SF
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 01:34 PM   #66
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
wait till 70 when gear comes to play... its just sad really. However ferals are getting a PvP buff in nurturing instinct, so who knows. It might not be enough to matter. The 4 piece boomkin arena set kicks some serious ass, and I am one week away from having it. The speed boost will be fun until 2.4 rolls, but then I will enjoy quicker booms with SF
Yeah I think I remember seeing a pvp guide somewhere saying that a properly geared feral druid will destroy warlocks practically uncontested.

I just had another back and forth with a different warlock (me 58, him 59) and it was a mixed result. First time he had the drop on me, and I won. Second time I had the drop on him, and he won. Though in both of those battles I stayed strictly in cat form so I didn't use everything at my disposal (charge, bash.)

One problem I repeatedly run into with warlocks and hunters, is that when I lose the target for whatever reason (clicked off on accident) I try to tab back to him and always get the damn pet, even after hitting tab more than once. I have to waste precious time trying to click on him.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 02-21-08, 01:57 PM   #67
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

really? From what I have ready and experienced feral sucks against, well almost everything in most PvP situations once gear starts coming in. Druid feral gear doesn't scale them as well as everybody else does.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
Old 02-21-08, 03:11 PM   #68
Rakeesh

Quote:
really? From what I have ready and experienced feral sucks against, well almost everything in most PvP situations once gear starts coming in. Druid feral gear doesn't scale them as well as everybody else does.
In terms of what? Attack power? Defense?

Some of the feral druid gear out there will make you pwn in a battle. Hell, get just two peices of the nordrassil harness, after you dish out your first wave of attacks drop yourself an insta-cast regrowth followed by lifebloom. Let them dispell it, they'll do you a favor. You'll way outlast them in the battle.

Old 02-21-08, 03:23 PM   #69
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
In terms of what? Attack power? Defense?

Some of the feral druid gear out there will make you pwn in a battle. Hell, get just two peices of the nordrassil harness, after you dish out your first wave of attacks drop yourself an insta-cast regrowth followed by lifebloom. Let them dispell it, it only helps you. You'll way outlast them in the battle.

you are talking about the t5 2 piece set bonus. Unless you are in a good raiding guild, or you are level 80, you can forget ever getting anything form that set.

Feral PvP at the high end:
-lack any good way to stun like rogues or war's can (we have some, but nothing like they do)
-only form of silence or spell interrupt comes from the s3 gloves
-bear does not do enough damage to amount to anything against most targets (rogues/pallies) being the exception
-cat has next to no survivability to stay in it long enough to kill most targets before they kill you
-do have SOME fear resist, but not much
-most feral dps gear lacks int or +healing to make our heals worth a damn
-pvp gear with resilience reduces damage done by dots, which is one of Ferals biggest source of damage, our bleed dots.
-"range bug"

now in places like AV, WSG, AB ferals can be decent to good depending on what they are doing. They will not wtfpwn anybody, just enough of a pain to stay alive, or keep someone else alive. In arena, we are a liability to the teams ability to ever rank high.

Now keep in mind I practically did nothing but pvp in bgs back when they gave xp from 50-60, and grinded my ray to rank 9 in the old honor system. I also did a fair amount of feral pvp to get the s1 honor bracers for a tank set.

I do find balance PvP a lot less frustrating than feral because you are at least range so its harder to get kited around, and its a lot easier to have access to heals and a druids CC when in caster form.
Old 02-21-08, 03:27 PM   #70
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

something from the WoW druid boards on feral pvp

Quote:
In arena they are below average.
All brackets - You can find a rare case where a feral has some friends and he kinda hides and rides on their 5v5 team, but that is not the norm and the team would do better with almost any other class.

In BGs its a little more complicated.

WSG
Your the second best flagrunner next to Paladins.
If they dont know enough to Focus-Fire you early, you will cap allot of flags.

AB
Your below average.
Stealth lets you surprise some people, and smart druids who use water form and the river system can really sneak past allot of enemy players at speed.
But in general unless you out gear your opponent, you will have a hard time killing anyone before they either heal up, get a heal or get some help.

AV
The spread nature of the battleground map and the value of your stealth really shine here.
Your still not valued for your ability to send your enemy to the graveyards, but your utility allows you to cap flags and generally cause mischief to the enemy.
This imho is the most fun a feral can have in the game in pvp currently.

1 v 1 duels
You will be hard to kill.
The simple fact that they cant run but so far away from the duel flag acts like a poor mans snare, giving you a boost in some way. You will do well here. If you outgear your opponent you will win.

To sum up:

Cat form deals decent dps - but has not snare or healing debuff.
Cat also has poor survivability lacking all the utility of the rogue, but maintaining the weakness of the same.

In most battles you will be forced into Bear form and at that moment, you have most likely lost the battle.

Bear form has great armor and HP, but almost no damage.- its almost a self induced Crowd Control and only postpones your death.

This message is my opinion gathered through countless hours of PVP in WOW.

I have played a feral druid for 3+ years and I approve of this message.
Old 02-21-08, 03:31 PM   #71
Rakeesh

Quote:
-bear does not do enough damage to amount to anything against most targets (rogues/pallies) being the exception
Don't remember where I found this, but in the blizzard forums a blizzard employee mentioned something about this being addressed in the next patch.

Old 02-21-08, 03:32 PM   #72
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Don't remember where I found this, but in the blizzard forums a blizzard employee mentioned something about this being addressed in the next patch.

that would be nice, We used to do a lot more damage in bear form, but they nerfed it due to PvP QQers