Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-21-08, 04:43 PM   #73
Rakeesh

Default Re: Druids: the end game

You know what though, this whole resilience thing looks

It seems as though it is some kind of a band aid measure to fix some kind of overall problem (which I haven't been able to quite put my finger on yet) with PVP in this game.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 04:44 PM   #74
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Ok just solo killed a 60 warlock at level 57. Now I know I can beat every class with druid except priests
Hahaha...thats a brave statement.

Different talent trees and different player levels of experience come into it.
Technically, every class has the ability to kill every other class...it just depends on the way you play, and the way your opponent plays.

I can garuntee there have also been times when you have been owned by every other class aswell.
We all have at some stage.
Old 02-21-08, 05:03 PM   #75
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
You know what though, this whole resilience thing looks

It seems as though it is some kind of a band aid measure to fix some kind of overall problem (which I haven't been able to quite put my finger on yet) with PVP in this game.

it is basically the equivalent of putting a form of defense on everybody's gear to add survivability. Its a good thing to have on your gear in PvP because it does help a lot. Its also a useful stat for feral PvE tanks because there is to little leather out there with defense on it.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 07:24 PM   #76
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
Hahaha...thats a brave statement.

Different talent trees and different player levels of experience come into it.
Technically, every class has the ability to kill every other class...it just depends on the way you play, and the way your opponent plays.

I can garuntee there have also been times when you have been owned by every other class aswell.
We all have at some stage.
Course. But I get to choose my battles

My favorite thing to do when I feel like random player killing is sit in the middle of a road and rawrtrap mounted people. Basically they are just riding along on their mount, and by the time they realize there was a cat in the middle of the road that they just ran over, they're already dead

I don't think I've ever been killed while doing that, works on players much higher level than me too. If a skull comes up I just walk off of the road tho.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 02-22-08, 12:17 AM   #77
Dvahlish

Quote:
Course. But I get to choose my battles

My favorite thing to do when I feel like random player killing is sit in the middle of a road and rawrtrap mounted people. Basically they are just riding along on their mount, and by the time they realize there was a cat in the middle of the road that they just ran over, they're already dead

I don't think I've ever been killed while doing that, works on players much higher level than me too. If a skull comes up I just walk off of the road tho.
Chicken!!!!
Go on...take on the skull

A lot of druids I have spoken to..(and this doesnt just apply to druids, all classes, it just that, I seem to know a lot of druids, because there is a lot of druids-Phew!)
Have said that thery all had the same problem when hitting hellfire at 58 and all of a sudden thier worlds colided and all hell came down upon them because everything just got tough.

I know with my rogue I suffered a little, but I was in all pvp gear and was nicely prepared for it.

So as a warning, I would suggest that as OL approaches...gear up.
The alli seem to like to pick oin druids, the way we like to pick on gnomes and huntards (and by we.....I mean, me)
Old 02-22-08, 12:39 AM   #78
Rakeesh

Quote:
Chicken!!!!
Go on...take on the skull
Heh I've actually done that once Not with the rawrtrap, but what I am pretty sure was a 70 rogue was strolling near crossroads so I figured I'd see how far I could get with him. Took him down to somewhere less than half of his total health, maybe 40% or so before he topped me off. Not bad for somebody my level I'd say.

Often times I don't mind trying my luck against somebody who is clearly out of my league, you don't have much to lose besides your dignity when you pvp in this game. Sometimes I do well, I was fully expecting to lose against that 60 warrior I mentioned earlier for example.

Quote:
So as a warning, I would suggest that as OL approaches...gear up.
The alli seem to like to pick oin druids, the way we like to pick on gnomes and huntards (and by we.....I mean, me)
Supposedly on my server the horde owns the outlands basically.

Old 02-22-08, 12:44 AM   #79
Dvahlish

Quote:
Supposedly on my server the horde owns the outlands basically.
Thats like saying.....on my server the alliance owns the whole of Azeroth!

Im doubting thats the case
Old 02-23-08, 12:33 AM   #80
Rakeesh

On second thought, I think I might grind for four pieces of the wildheart raiment anyways and see about doing the quest upgrades for that to the feralheart raiment. As it currently is, my existing gear is rather crap for my level. I have it optimized for high damage output and high crit, which does allow me to bring people down quickly, but the stam and armor level of my existing set is rather poor which is bad for battles that last longer than 30 seconds.

I'd go for the shadowcraft but its too god damned hard to find groups that don't have rogues who complain about you needing on that stuff. (why did blizzard have to make a rogue quest for that? *sigh* I so hate doing instances with rogues in the group for so many reasons beyond competing for armor though...) Either way though, the pre-bc druid armor really sucks and only accommodates caster druids, with the exception of a few of the set bonuses.

Hell one warlock I was fighting with (and killed, btw) had more health than I do while in bear form, and more armor than me while in cat form, which I think is a good sign that my gear sucks given that he wears cloth and I wear leather.

Regardless of what is practical to obtain at my level though, I am saving my pvp honor points for 70.

Old 02-23-08, 02:18 AM   #81
Rakeesh

BTW:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html

Quote:
* Empowered Rejuvenation: This talent now properly affects the final heal from Lifebloom.
* Gift of Nature: This talent now properly affects the healing from Tranquility.
* Insect Swarm: Casting lower ranks of this spell is now properly penalized like other healing and damage effects.
* Lacerate: This ability now deals additional damage based on the attack power of the Druid.
* Lifebloom healing coefficient has been reduced.
* Mangle (Bear) now properly triggers a 1.5 second global cooldown, increased from 1.0.
* Many shapeshift form tooltips have been updated to be consistent with each other.
* Natural Perfection: This ability will no longer be triggered by taking critical strikes while sitting. In addition, it is now affected by the Subtlety talent and reduces damage by 2/3/4%, down from 1/3/5%.
* Nurturing Instinct increases your healing spells by up to 50/100% of your Agility, and increases healing done to you by 10/20% of your Attack Power while in Cat form.
* When a Druid in cat form casts Pounce it will now properly animate.
How annoying, they are nerfing lifebloom. Lacerate "additional damage" ... a rather vague term, but ... potential bear form dps increase I guess. The mangle nerf is ok I guess so long as lacerate is improved. Since the whole of lacerate counts as bleed damage (including the initial damage) that could be a very good thing, depending on how the attack power bonus is figured in. Might make the intensity talent more valuable for feral druid.

Nurturing instinct might be more viable for pvp now though, depending on your gear I guess.

Oh and

Quote:
All 25- player raid bosses that drop set tokens will now drop an additional token!
My chances of getting that nordrassil harness would be improved...somewhat Oh and I am in a guild that plans on doing heavy raiding btw. We have many members, many good healer priests and warriors with a good mix of locks and rogues, just we're not all 70 yet, though we are quickly approaching it (I myself am about to hit 60 in like four bars or so, many others are in a similar boat.)

EDIT:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Lacerate

Quote:
2.4 Information

Lacerate deals 155 damage over 15 seconds with one stack. Every 20ap add 1 damage over 15 seconds. Every 20ap add 5 damage over 15 seconds with 5 stacks. (pre-mangle)
Since I haven't made a level 70 toon yet, I only have a vague idea as to what that would mean exactly. Guessing typical bear druid around 2k AP, 3k AP if geared properly? So 290 low side, 390 high side damage per lacerate? Mangle make it up to possibly 507? At least its scalable now I guess.

Old 02-23-08, 12:00 PM   #82
Zelda_fan

Druids and locks just got the **** beat out of them with the nerf bat in the PTR. As a mage this makes me very happy.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-08, 03:26 PM   #83
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
Druids and locks just got the **** beat out of them with the nerf bat in the PTR. As a mage this makes me very happy.
Unless the nerf involved removing Fel Hunters, Curse of Tongues and Fear I don't see how this would effect Warlock dominance over Mages, not that a mage can't beat a lock (esp with free iceblock) just that most of them really suck and can't see past the lust for big crits and thus play stupid.
Old 02-23-08, 09:13 PM   #84
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
Unless the nerf involved removing Fel Hunters, Curse of Tongues and Fear I don't see how this would effect Warlock dominance over Mages, not that a mage can't beat a lock (esp with free iceblock) just that most of them really suck and can't see past the lust for big crits and thus play stupid.
They did nerf a lock talent, though I don't remember which one though.

You know, now that I've looked at different talent trees and whatnot over the last few days, I think I see the scaling problem some of you guys mention here. There are many talent abilities that increase based on attack power, a specific stat, etc. Feral druid has no such thing though (with the exception of bear armor,) instead his increases only come from percentages of base stats, and one talent that increases ap based on level.

Gear wouldn't improve him as well as it improves other classes (or even balance druid) for this reason. Apparently this wasn't so until some patch (2.0.10 I think it was) changed a bunch of the feral talents to remove the scalability they once had, on top of the overall nerf to bear dps. They effectively nerfed geared kitty dps as well. I might consider respeccing my druid to balance at 70 because of this, though I am mixed as to whether or not it would be as fun to play as feral druid is.

This is one thing I hate about MMO's, you can spend tons of time building what seems like a powerful character only to later on have him turn out to be not so powerful. Only thing I can do is continue to enjoy how powerful he is until I hit 70 I guess. Balance looks powerful enough, but damn, I just want a class thats fun to play with my play style, and I am not sure if balance druid would be what I am looking for. I may end up just quitting the game if it isn't. The builds in this game are just too cookie cutter and none of the other ones really fit my play style, with the possible exception of a shaman.

Meanwhile though, I really enjoy playing feral druid.