Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-24-08, 09:48 PM   #97
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Default Re: Druids: the end game

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
BTW, how much work does it take to get the season 3 arena gear anyways? Can you just play like once or twice a week to maintain a certain rating?

Most of S3 gear only takes time. A few of the items, Head, shoulder and weapons require a personal rating of 1850, which would require some effort. Since you are a Druid though, you can easily spec Resto, hook up with decent warrior and go to town in 2v2.

Alternatively, you can wait for Season 4 to start, and the personal rating on S3 items will be lifted and the price lowered. S2 items will become purchasable with BG honor.
Old 02-24-08, 09:55 PM   #98
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
Most of S3 gear only takes time. A few of the items, Head, shoulder and weapons require a personal rating of 1850, which would require some effort. Since you are a Druid though, you can easily spec Resto, hook up with decent warrior and go to town in 2v2.

Alternatively, you can wait for Season 4 to start, and the personal rating on S3 items will be lifted and the price lowered. S2 items will become purchasable with BG honor.
WELFARE EPICS!

Not that Im making fun of them.....my rogue is on welfare atm herself
When does s4 start?
I need to start getting teams togther for our guild.
Old 02-24-08, 09:57 PM   #99
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
WELFARE EPICS!

Not that Im making fun of them.....my rogue is on welfare atm herself
When does s4 start?
I need to start getting teams togther for our guild.
If the cluster **** that is 2.4 on PTR right now is any indication, S4 is going be a while. 2-3 Months I say.
Old 02-24-08, 10:22 PM   #100
Rakeesh

Quote:
Meh, I hate playing healer. Some may like it, but I don't. I would rather respec balance, but I don't have the gear for that, at least not yet anyways, and supposedly balance does well in arena I guess.

EDIT:

I think I'll just go for the gloves though, just play just enough to get em. I'll just find somebody who doesn't mind entering just to lose even - I don't care. The arena rules are just retarded and I have no interest in it.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-08, 10:43 PM   #101
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Quote:
I think I'll just go for the gloves though, just play just enough to get em. I'll just find somebody who doesn't mind entering just to lose even - I don't care. The arena rules are just retarded and I have no interest in it.
BFTMFT

Arena is ok, if your into that sort of thing. But I don't like how its now dictating the balance and direction of the game. Currently I'm doing that with some friends; Playing with little enthusiasm to get our PvP gear.
Old 02-24-08, 10:55 PM   #102
Rakeesh

Quote:
BFTMFT

Arena is ok, if your into that sort of thing. But I don't like how its now dictating the balance and direction of the game. Currently I'm doing that with some friends; Playing with little enthusiasm to get our PvP gear.
Yeah if you aren't a warrior, resto druid, rogue, warlock, or priest, you can forget about ever being anywhere near the top in arena.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/2/all/all/all/all/

IMO with the restrictions blizzard already puts in place on the arena, they may as well make it oblivion style where you are required to wear a certain type of gear before entering the arena, which is given out freely and only works in the arena. And they could make this gear different for each class to balance it up a bit, and require that class to wear one of three different sets of garb (one for each talent tree basically.)

Then they could tweak this gear however they want to balance the arena without bothering the rest of the game.

Then reward victory there with gear that is good OUTSIDE of the arena.

Either do that, or get rid of most of the restrictions they have entirely (no consumables? wtf? and I can't even use three of my class abilities? Yeah right.)

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 02-25-08, 08:14 AM   #103
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

only the shoulders and the weapons require a rating, everything else s3 can be purchased without it.

With S4 around the corner, its all moot anyways.

You can still arena as a feral, its a bit painful, but if you have ok gear before you start, it won't be so bad.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 09:21 AM   #104
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
You can still arena as a feral, its a bit painful, but if you have ok gear before you start, it won't be so bad.
Even if you play the right class and spec, arena rules favor those who grind til the tauren females come home. I have little interest in that, as I have said numerous times, I hate grinding. World PVP and battlegrounds on the other hand, whole different story. Sure grinding does help, but people can whip out things that nobody expects.

I've never played arena yet, but I don't expect I ever will except to get the gear. Once I first read the rules, it just struck me as being stupid.

Old 02-25-08, 09:31 AM   #105
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Even if you play the right class and spec, arena rules favor those who grind til the tauren females come home. I have little interest in that, as I have said numerous times, I hate grinding. World PVP and battlegrounds on the other hand, whole different story. Sure grinding does help, but people can whip out things that nobody expects.

I've never played arena yet, but I don't expect I ever will except to get the gear. Once I first read the rules, it just struck me as being stupid.

I enjoy it when we are not getting steamrolled on both druids. The feral's team is a joke team, so its ok to get beat. The turkey's team is a bit more serious, but the ups and downs are still fun.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 11:12 AM   #106
Zelda_fan

Quote:
BFTMFT

Translation: I play an overpowered Warlock, and I'm mad I'm getting the nerf bat.

Druids are on deck if it makes you feel any better.

PvE will be just fine. Guilds will still be able to down raid bosses regardless of the change. And if you're a good player you'll still be invited to raids. Good player > bad player with overpowered class any day of the week.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 05:40 PM   #107
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
Druids are on deck if it makes you feel any better.
You're only hoping for that because mages are druid food

Old 02-25-08, 05:53 PM   #108
Zelda_fan

Quote:
You're only hoping for that because mages are druid food
TBH I win most of the time against druids. But that's probably because I play against a bunch of scrubs in the Vengance BG. If I was on a server like Blackrock or even a BG9 server, I'm sure I'd get owned a lot.

An exceptional druid will beat an exceptional mage 80% of the time.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote