Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-11-08, 11:14 AM   #1
Digital_Trans

Default Monster PowerLine 300, 8ft High Performance is great!

I just got a Monster PowerLine 300, 8ft High Performance AV power cable. I connected to the back of my 1.1K PSU on my HP Blackbird 002 and man, all I can say is that it's better then the prior psu cable I was using. It cleans the picture and sound to where I use to hear pops and cracks and static but now I don't. Infact, the sound quality is even more clearer and the picture quality is more cleaner, colorful and richer then before. This is my experience!

Features and benefits:

For True Audiophile AV Performance, You Need an Audiophile Quality AC Power Cord Most discriminating audiophiles know that a detachable IEC power cord can affect a system’s performance. Your components can’t deliver the best possible sound and picture when AC power is transferred by an inferior cord. Ordinary power cords can experience current loss and are vulnerable to radio frequency and electromagnetic interference.

Introducing Monster’s PowerLine 300 Advanced IEC Power Cord To Maximize Home Theater and AV Component Performance End to end, PowerLine 300 utilizes leading edge technologies and design to achieve the best possible performance from your home theater or critical listening system. PowerLine 300 delivers efficiency, accuracy and maximum power. It combats performance-degrading RF interference, and the EM interference that’s generated by various household appliances, even adjacent components through their power lines and interconnects.

PowerLine 300 Delivers Four Times More Power for Better Sound and Picture
PowerLine 300 is designed with 261 strands of ultra-high purity copper in each of its three conductors, so you get 4 times more cable than ordinary power cords. With so much stranding, it’s flexible enough to route through cabinets, yet heavy enough to minimize resistance and maximize power transfer. It all adds up to greater visual and sonic clarity from all your AV sources. Clearer highs with rich, deep bass and cleaner, brighter video—an overall enhanced experience.

Xtra Low Noise Technologies Keep Your Power Transfer Interference-Free
To safeguard against RF and EM interference from external and internal sources, PowerLine 300 features a unique double shield plus a double-molded termination. Two isolated layers of shielding and a full coverage mylar foil fend off external RF interference, while a tightly woven copper braid protects against EM interference. These are separated by a high-density dielectric. A drain wire connects the shield to the AC source ground, sending accumulated noise back to the wall plug, lowering the overall noise floor. What’s more, Monster’s precision 24k gold contact plug resists corrosion and maximizes power transfer.

Enhance Your Audio/Video Experience with Monster PowerLine 300 Your AV system requires a high performance power connection. PowerLine 300 makes it possible to get all the performance you paid for!
CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 Quad 3.8GHz LCi
RAM: Corsair 4GB DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400)
GPU: 3 X EVGA GTX 280 FTW Edition TRI-SLI
HDD: 3 X 150GB WD Raptor-X
HDD: 1 - 500GB Seagate Barracuda
HDD: 1 - 640GB WD Caviar SE
DVD: 2 X Ultra Slim 20X IDE DVD/CD Writer
SPU: Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty PCI-Express
LG Super Multi Blu-ray RW/HDDVD: GGW-H20L
Display: Dell UltraSharp 30" LCD
Gateway XHD3000 Black 30" LCD
Windows Vista Ultimate Edition x64 SP1
Digital_Trans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-08, 11:19 AM   #2
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Monster PowerLine 300, 8ft High Performance is great!

Old 01-11-08, 11:27 AM   #3
Digital_Trans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13

What, you don't like it? Have you tryed it? I like it!!!! Wasn't cheap but I do enjoy the small benefit it provides for the sound alone.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 Quad 3.8GHz LCi
RAM: Corsair 4GB DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400)
GPU: 3 X EVGA GTX 280 FTW Edition TRI-SLI
HDD: 3 X 150GB WD Raptor-X
HDD: 1 - 500GB Seagate Barracuda
HDD: 1 - 640GB WD Caviar SE
DVD: 2 X Ultra Slim 20X IDE DVD/CD Writer
SPU: Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty PCI-Express
LG Super Multi Blu-ray RW/HDDVD: GGW-H20L
Display: Dell UltraSharp 30" LCD
Gateway XHD3000 Black 30" LCD
Windows Vista Ultimate Edition x64 SP1
Digital_Trans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-08, 11:40 AM   #4
Tr1cK
not coming back

I could probably make one better and cheaper.

The only benefits you are seeing is from better shielding from EMI.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-08, 11:42 AM   #5
Buckeye

LOL you guys are too much

Monster makes great products for Audio and AV setups. Thanks a nice cable there DT !
Old 01-11-08, 11:46 AM   #6
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

yeah sure, their optical cables are the best

HAHA!!
Old 01-11-08, 11:54 AM   #7
Q

Monster makes exceptionally over priced cables. Period. The performance to price ratio just isn't there. You can find no-name, high gauge, shielded cables online for a fraction of the cost of Monster Cables and they usually provide better performance.

Hype.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-08, 11:55 AM   #8
Tr1cK
not coming back

I also have a pretty deep knowledge of electronics and the effects of EMI from years of being in radio communications.

The only things that would give him the benefits are the wire being a heavier gauge and better shielding.

Monster is notorious for charging premiums for niche-market products. They even have a Monster dryer cord for your clothes dryer! Wouldn't want them clothes to not be dry due to dirty power!
http://www.monstercable.com/power/appliance.asp

Quote:
Not all Electric Dryer Power Cords are Created Equal
One of the last things most people think about when selecting an electric dryer is also one of the most crucial: the power cord. While electric dryers have changed considerably over the years, the power cords that feed power to them have stayed the same. Until now.

Introducing Monster’s PowerDryer™ Power Cord: Designed for High Current Power Transfer, Convenience & Durability
Clothes dryers draw power. Loads of power. Constructed with large-gauge conductors composed of high-purity, fine copper strands, Monster PowerDryer cords efficiently transfer all the current your power-hungry dryer needs.

Monster Duraflex™ Jacketing for Greater Flexibility and Reliability
When was the last time you looked closely at your electric dryer’s power cord? Considering most are tucked away behind the appliance, you’d be hard-pressed to tell if it has been torn, damaged or become loose. With years of lint build-up, detergent, chlorine spills (and worse) lurking behind your dryer, you’ll appreciate the peace of mind you get with the protection of a high-quality Monster PowerDryer power cord.
Monster surrounds the PowerDryer power cord with heavy-duty conductors in ultra-flexible, kink and tear-resistant Duraflex material. Snags or rips that can expose dangerous, live high-voltage electrical conductors are minimized. The Duraflex jacket is also designed to resist a wide variety of corrosive chemicals commonly found in laundry areas.

When Your Dryer Stops Working, Monster’s Exclusive PowerFlow™ Diagnostic Indicator Helps You Troubleshoot the Problem
When a major appliance stops working, the first thing most people do is scratch their heads and wonder “Is it the appliance, or the power?” One glance at the PowerFlow Indicator and you’ll know if it’s time to check the circuit breaker or call a repair technician. If the light is glowing, you know the outlet is “live” and the problem lies with your dryer. If there is no light, check the circuit breaker or call an electrician. It’s that easy and convenient.

Monsterous 24k Gold Contact Connections: Essential in a Highly Corrosive Environment
Everyone knows that common brass tarnishes over time. Not so with Monster’s 24k gold contact connections. Gold contacts optimize power transfer while resisting corrosion that the laundry room environment may cause.

Dual-Pvoint Strain Relief Stops the Tension that Can Damage Your Cord
Monster’s StressGuard ™ strain relief designed into the heavy-duty injection molded plug reduces harmful stress when pulled. The metal strain relief included in the PowerDryer kit keeps the dryer-side connections from coming loose when the cord is jostled – like when cleaning lint build-up. A special plating resists corrosion as well. Get Monster PowerDryer power cord – a quality connection for today’s quality appliances.

It's just like Macs and Bluray. Convince people they need something through marketing and you're in business.

Old 01-11-08, 12:02 PM   #9
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
I also have a pretty deep knowledge of electronics and the effects of EMI from years of being in radio communications.

The only things that would give him the benefits are the wire being a heavier gauge and better shielding.

Monster is notorious for charging premiums for niche-market products. They even have a Monster dryer cord for your clothes dryer! Wouldn't want them clothes to not be dry due to dirty power!

It's just like Macs and Bluray. Convince people they need something through marketing and you're in business.
Trans post never cease to amaze me.
Old 01-11-08, 12:54 PM   #10
qube
Bored sins birth

:: Valhalla Power Cable

VALHALLA Reference Power Cord from Nordost redefines the standards of performance in this category. The Valhalla offers a dramatic sound stage, tremendous dynamic range and superb articulation of the musical event. When used with video components; clarity, detail, and the natural depth of colors are revealed. Valhalla Power Cord uses our new proprietary 'Dual Micro Mono-filament' technology to enhance audio and video performance.

The cable consists of 7 solid extruded silver 16 AWG OFC conductors suspended in a Dual Micro Mono-Filament design. By using solid core extruded silver over OFC conductors, strand interaction, hot spots and carbonization, which can occur in stranded cables, are eliminated ensuring optimum performance. The VAHALLA power cable has a very high propagation speed. Unlike conventional power cables which have propagation speeds of less than 50% the speed of light, VALHALLA Reference power cord has a speed of 90 % the speed of light. This offers vast improvements in all facets of musical and visual performance. VALHALLA power cable also uses Nordost's proprietary 'Dual Micro Mono-Filament' technology which greatly enhances audio and video performance. This technology uses two FEP Mono-Filament threads which are wound around one another. These dual Mono-Filaments are then drawn around the conductor in a very precise helix pattern, this construction introduces more air space around the conductors and insulation contact with the conductors is reduced by more than 85%. Extruded FEP insulation is superior to all other materials in that it has very low signal loss and a high thermal efficiency meaning that it dissipates heat very quickly. This allows greater power to be transferred more efficiently. The use of FEP Micro Mono-Filament construction which has a very low dielectric constant and minimal insulation contact with the conductor means power is transferred extremely efficiently. Dual Micro Mono-Filament technology increases current flow, improves the transmission speed to over 90% the speed of light and dissipates heat. This design lowers the resistance of the cable keeping power loss extremely low.

By using very precise manufacturing techniques, whereby the seven mono-filament silver plated power conductors are wound in a special configuration, the impedance, capacitance, and other electrical specifications are maintained to very tight tolerances. Another benefit of this design is to eliminate external EMI/RF interference. The result is truly superb sound quality and stunning visuals.

Each VALHALLA Reference is hand built at our factory in the USA using highest quality Gold Plated connectors. Each cable uses the highest grade IEC connectors with triple gold plated Oxygen Free Copper contacts for improved conductivity. The design of the connector eliminates stress so that heat cycling and vibration will not loosen the contact points. IEC and AC Main Plugs are used in each cable.

:: specifications Entire Valhalla Line

Construction: Precision Micro Mono-Filament
Insulation: FEP
Conductors: 7 x 16 AWG with 70 microns Extruded Silver over 99.999999% OFC
Connectors: Gold Plated IEC/Wall plug US/UK/EUR
Color: Clear Red and Black filaments
Speed: 91% Speed of light
Power Rating: 60AMP
Capacitance: 8pF/ft
DC Resistance: 1.3 Ohms per 1000ft/304M as terminated.
Old 01-11-08, 01:28 PM   #11
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
I may be a dumby, but can you clarify this for me?
Old 01-11-08, 02:25 PM   #12
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Quote: