Redeemed

Default Re: Speakers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-08, 11:35 PM   #27
Bearclaw

Redeemed. You have a nice speaker setup up going on there with those full towers! I am impressed. I have an older pair of towers but not sure how I would go about hooking them up to my PC.

I have 2 tower speakers that have the positive/negative hookups (The kind where you clamp down the thin coper wire) and that is all. Would I have to get a receiver or something to go in between my PC and the speakers?
Old 02-27-08, 11:38 AM   #28
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw
Redeemed. You have a nice speaker setup up going on there with those full towers! I am impressed. I have an older pair of towers but not sure how I would go about hooking them up to my PC.

I have 2 tower speakers that have the positive/negative hookups (The kind where you clamp down the thin coper wire) and that is all. Would I have to get a receiver or something to go in between my PC and the speakers?
I could've sworn you and I discussed this before...

Anywho... yeah, you'll need a receiver to go between to PC and the speakers. You could use a stereo receiver, or a surround (5.1 + ) receiver, which ever you prefer.

Really, you cannot beat this kinda' sound for the PC. It truly is awesome. It creates a whole new level for games, music, and even movies on your PC. Give it a go. You'll be glad you did.
Old 02-27-08, 03:46 PM   #29
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Does it make you a little moist?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 04:14 PM   #30
OldGamer

Well say what you will about the Bose 10.2 speakers but I would put them up against those PSB Alpha T1 towers any day. I do not think it would even be a contest.

But thats just me...
OldGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 04:35 PM   #31
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
I could've sworn you and I discussed this before...

Anywho... yeah, you'll need a receiver to go between to PC and the speakers. You could use a stereo receiver, or a surround (5.1 + ) receiver, which ever you prefer.

Really, you cannot beat this kinda' sound for the PC. It truly is awesome. It creates a whole new level for games, music, and even movies on your PC. Give it a go. You'll be glad you did.
Ya, we have...

I figured it wouldn't hurt to bring it up again though just for clarification sakes.

So I need a receiver. Now, is it possible to hook up my Logitech 5.1 system with my towers, or no? Would it depend on how many outputs the receiver has?
Old 02-29-08, 12:10 PM   #32
Redeemed

Quote:
Ya, we have...

I figured it wouldn't hurt to bring it up again though just for clarification sakes.

So I need a receiver. Now, is it possible to hook up my Logitech 5.1 system with my towers, or no? Would it depend on how many outputs the receiver has?
Hmm... I believe that depends on the reciever. I know that with mine, even if I have the speakers on it still outputs sound through the headphone jack. So if you got a reciever that did the same, tecnhicially you could use your towers and the logitechs. Not sure why you'd want to do that, as more than likely the towers would drown out the logitechs. But you could, I guess.

Old 03-01-08, 12:29 PM   #33
Redeemed

LOL- THIS is what I'm talkin' 'bout!

And honestly, THESE seriously peak my interest.

Overkill? Much I bet. Still, they look rockin'. Think I'm gonna' grab me four of 'em just for the heck of it!

God I'm gonna' be deaf before I'm 30... I know it.

HOLY HILLBILLY! $1k for two of 'em!!! Look's like I've got some savin' to do...
Old 03-01-08, 01:03 PM   #34
Bearclaw

My dad has some old cerwin vegas from college and I fixed them up, hooked them up and they still ROCK. There are so intense, I can't imagine what the new er ones(Post 1970, lol) sound like.
Old 03-01-08, 01:41 PM   #35
Redeemed

Quote:
My dad has some old cerwin vegas from college and I fixed them up, hooked them up and they still ROCK. There are so intense, I can't imagine what the new er ones(Post 1970, lol) sound like.
I know most people swear by the new form of towers that have those puny 6's or 8's in 'em... but there's something about a large woofer in a tower box that just... well... demands attention. You look at the towers I have in my room, and you feel intimidated. You feel like you cannot touch that volume knob for fear of blowing your ears off. I like that. Hence why I like those Cerwin-Vegas. You look at them and you want to coward down and beg for thier mercy that they don't blow your ear drums out. They're monstrous, and I dig that.

I know I originally said my budget was only a couple hundred... but I've since changed my mind. I'm buying two of these... though it probably wont be for another year now. Gotta' start saving 'em pennies.
Old 03-01-08, 04:13 PM   #36
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Good Luck Redeemed.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote