Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-14-08, 09:03 PM   #1
Dvahlish

Default I proclaim....

It to be international boycott Blades Edge Month!
and...SAY NO TO OGRES!!!!

No more...ogres please.......

Whats your least fav area to quest in wow?
(apart from the Barrens...we allllllllllllll hate that)
Old 02-14-08, 09:11 PM   #2
spirited1

Default Re: I proclaim....

All of them. I hate quests. There's only so many bear pelts/ears/noses/arses I can stand to collect. Once you've done the one, you've done them all. Stupid NPC's with their stupid "hey over here, you friggin sheep" exclamation marks over their heads. And this goes too for EQ2 and LOTRO.

(I know, there's a few exceptional quests that are definitely worth doing, but there's too much rubbish filler mixed in).
Old 02-14-08, 09:19 PM   #3
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirited1
All of them. I hate quests. There's only so many bear pelts/ears/noses/arses I can stand to collect. Once you've done the one, you've done them all. Stupid NPC's with their stupid "hey over here, you friggin sheep" exclamation marks over their heads. And this goes too for EQ2 and LOTRO.

(I know, there's a few exceptional quests that are definitely worth doing, but there's too much rubbish filler mixed in).
I think at last count there were 5 quests worth doing in the whole of Azeroth.
As for OL....well, the quests arent to bad....although I was dissapointed to see that Nessingwary had his famous camp of wild animal carnage set up....and at least the quest rewards are decent......and, there isnt too much travelling in between places.
But....
The ogres....

No more ogres.............
Old 02-14-08, 09:43 PM   #4
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
Random drop rates for objects you can actually SEE on a creature, like pelts, legs, tales, etc, are what really piss me off.
Thats my biggest gripe with all MMOs, if im suppose to get wolf fangs then every wolf should drop them...
Old 02-14-08, 09:53 PM   #5
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
I really hated the quests that had the ridiculous drop rates.

Like where you needed to get 20 turtle shells....but only 1 out of 50 turtles would actually have a shell you could loot, even though you could obviously SEE the shell on the corpse.

Random drop rates for objects you can actually SEE on a creature, like pelts, legs, tales, etc, are what really piss me off.
Yeh....I know those ones well...
I would quite often quest with my bf and so we would need twice as many...
I often used to be seen yelling out "drop your damn spleen,heart,ear,fang,arsehole....I know you have one!!!"

But still..not as bad as the ogres.............................
Seriously, I have begun dreaming about them at night.
Old 02-15-08, 05:15 AM   #6
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Whats wrong with BEM? Good dailies there.

Quote:
Whats your least fav area to quest in wow?
STV

I don't even like to gank there, that place is such a cluster ****.
Old 02-15-08, 06:56 AM   #7
Rakeesh

You know what quests really piss me off more than anything? The quests where you have to kill so many of a certain type of mob, and that mob is scarce to begin with, and as if that wasn't bad enough, a different type of mob will randomly respawn in its place.

I had that happen with the stupid savage owlbeast quest in hinterlands recently. I just left and came back the next day to finish it. If it weren't for druid track humanoid I probably would have skipped it entirely.

Most of these quests really suck and really lack originality and most of the time the rewards suck. Good thing there are plenty of allies to kill in these places or else this game would be pretty boring. I can't stand non-pvp servers for this reason, I have an alt on one and I rarely ever touch it.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-08, 07:06 AM   #8
yuriz43

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
Whats wrong with BEM? Good dailies there.

STV

I don't even like to gank there, that place is such a cluster ****.

wow, you must be on a high pop server. It seems most pre BC zones are empty on my server.

*Compewtor*Keeeboard*Mice*Mice Pad
*Cofe Jug*Old Bear Can*5x blu LED's
*Bag of chips that I forgot to throw away*Moniter
yuriz43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-08, 09:21 AM   #9
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

I agree, BEM was a pain to quest in. I skipped a bunch the second time around. Of course I was able to fly over a lot of the BS when I was in there as a druid...

I blocked out the old world from my mind, we shall not speak of it again.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-08, 09:26 AM   #10
Tr1cK
not coming back

With 3 70s, I have never once had to go to Blades Edge to quest. I always managed 62 by the time I left Hellfire, 64-65 thru Zangarmarsh, 68 thru Terrokar and Nagrand, then got 70 in SMV and Netherstorm.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-08, 12:48 PM   #11
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
With 3 70s, I have never once had to go to Blades Edge to quest. I always managed 62 by the time I left Hellfire, 64-65 thru Zangarmarsh, 68 thru Terrokar and Nagrand, then got 70 in SMV and Netherstorm.
BEM did kinda suck to quest in, but if you run the Toshley Power Station quest on the "punter" you can get to a lot of the quest areas you need to be and complete another quest in the process.

I would never skip BEM quests, NStorm & SMV are my epic mount quest farm zones when I get a char to 70. There's so much money in those top-level 70 quests it's insane. You'll finish 1/2 the quest in NStorm and have 500+ gold in your pocket.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-08, 01:42 PM   #12
Tr1cK
not coming back

I think most of my toons hit 70 right as I entered SMV and Netherstorm. So all of that quest money was 225 riding skill money. The toons were all fully rested and capped at 60 before the expansion though, so that may make a big difference.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote