Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-15-08, 07:40 PM   #13
nVJoe

Default Re: I proclaim....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
It to be international boycott Blades Edge Month!
and...SAY NO TO OGRES!!!!

No more...ogres please.......

Whats your least fav area to quest in wow?
(apart from the Barrens...we allllllllllllll hate that)
Are you nuts about Barrens? It is bar-none the best zone in the game for questing. It blows away any zone on the alliance side. It may not be the best looking zone but it is great for leveling.

Blade's edge sucks, I have to admit EXCEPT for the quest where you get to be that prairie dog or what ever that rodent is. That is a flipping awesome quest line. Best quest in the game IMO.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-08, 07:48 PM   #14
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
I really hated the quests that had the ridiculous drop rates.

Like where you needed to get 20 turtle shells....but only 1 out of 50 turtles would actually have a shell you could loot, even though you could obviously SEE the shell on the corpse.

Random drop rates for objects you can actually SEE on a creature, like pelts, legs, tales, etc, are what really piss me off.
No quest is worse than getting the Ages Sinew off the Gorillas in STV. I am not kidding, it took me 3 characters to get that damn thing to drop. Each time I would spend 2 hours or so before I dropped that damn quest. I only got that damned aged sinew twice out of 6 different characters I leveled up.
Old 02-15-08, 07:50 PM   #15
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
You know what quests really piss me off more than anything? The quests where you have to kill so many of a certain type of mob, and that mob is scarce to begin with, and as if that wasn't bad enough, a different type of mob will randomly respawn in its place.

I had that happen with the stupid savage owlbeast quest in hinterlands recently. I just left and came back the next day to finish it. If it weren't for druid track humanoid I probably would have skipped it entirely.

Most of these quests really suck and really lack originality and most of the time the rewards suck. Good thing there are plenty of allies to kill in these places or else this game would be pretty boring. I can't stand non-pvp servers for this reason, I have an alt on one and I rarely ever touch it.
No quest is worse than killing the Dark Iron Steam Smiths in Searing Gorge for their stupid item you need to get. There are only 4 Steam Smiths in the game and the drop rate is CRAP!
Old 02-16-08, 05:52 AM   #16
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Are you nuts about Barrens? It is bar-none the best zone in the game for questing. It blows away any zone on the alliance side. It may not be the best looking zone but it is great for leveling.

Blade's edge sucks, I have to admit EXCEPT for the quest where you get to be that prairie dog or what ever that rodent is. That is a flipping awesome quest line. Best quest in the game IMO.
I disagree, best quest in wow EVER is where you dress up as a member of the scarlet crusade and sneak into the castle in the plaguelands to see one of the leaders and show him articles from his childhood. He then goes absolutely insane and starts one shotting the entire crusade.
Old 02-16-08, 06:20 AM   #17
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Thats my biggest gripe with all MMOs, if im suppose to get wolf fangs then every wolf should drop them...

+1.

Anyone recall that gay spider ichor quest u get in terren mills? I have leveled my toons past that area...and on avg..1-2 hours of nonstop spidor killings will finally land me the drop -.-

Great xp though..if your after the 'grind' to 60 fast approach.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-08, 07:12 AM   #18
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
I disagree, best quest in wow EVER is where you dress up as a member of the scarlet crusade and sneak into the castle in the plaguelands to see one of the leaders and show him articles from his childhood. He then goes absolutely insane and starts one shotting the entire crusade.
+1

Apparently the same sort of thing happens when you take the Corrupted Ashbringer into Scarlet Monastery.

My least Fav zone in the game with always be a mix up of Tanaris and Silithus.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-08, 02:52 PM   #19
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
You have never jumped up and down as prairie dog or fought as a prairie dog. LMAO! It is a riot.
Old 02-16-08, 06:01 PM   #20
Tr1cK
not coming back

The best quest is the one in SMV where you get the Metal Gear box disguise.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-08, 07:55 PM   #21
Dvahlish

Quote:

Really?
I have always heard the alli have nice questing areas, although I havent done them myself.

I have levellled 5 toons...I am over the barrens.
Its big and boring......so much running about and the quests dont interest me at all.
There are so many better places to level.
Old 02-18-08, 11:42 AM   #22
firehawk

Meh - after awhile you realize questing is all the same crap with a different coat of paint/texture....For me it was stanglethorn "before" they added the new flight path. way too much walking to get to a 10 minutes quest....then walk all the way back again to turn it in.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08, 02:12 PM   #23
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
Really?
I have always heard the alli have nice questing areas, although I havent done them myself.

I have levellled 5 toons...I am over the barrens.
Its big and boring......so much running about and the quests dont interest me at all.
There are so many better places to level.
I have leveled 7, toons 4 on the Horde side. I have also leveled up 4 horde twinks to 49 for BGs. Then I have power leveled my buddies that equals more than 5 toons. The horde side is far easier to level on and far better. Don't get me wrong, both sides are easy to level but the Horde side is better and more fun. You have better flight paths and better grouped quests.

Barrens is by far the best place to level in that level range. There are so many quests. Sure it is big but you have two flight paths placed nicely in that zone and one flight path to a neutral town. Nothing compares to The Barrens. It may look bland and dry but it is fantastic for out-right leveling.

Those of you who have only played WoW, have no idea what real grinding and questing is like. WoW is a Kaek-walk for leveling. Go play EQ, EQ2 or Vanguard and you will get an idea of what real grinding is like.
Old 02-18-08, 04:53 PM   #24
Dvahlish

Quote:
I have leveled 7, toons 4 on the Horde side. I have also leveled up 4 horde twinks to 49 for BGs. Then I have power leveled my buddies that equals more than 5 toons. The horde side is far easier to level on and far better. Don't get me wrong, both sides are easy to level but the Horde side is better and more fun. You have better flight paths and better grouped quests.

Barrens is by far the best place to level in that level range. There are so many quests. Sure it is big but you have two flight paths placed nicely in that zone and one flight path to a neutral town. Nothing compares to The Barrens. It may look bland and dry but it is fantastic for out-right leveling.

Those of you who have only played WoW, have no idea what real grinding and questing is like. WoW is a Kaek-walk for leveling. Go play EQ, EQ2 or Vanguard and you will get an idea of what real grinding is like.
I guess its just preference.
I have never liked the desert areas.
I dont enjoy Desolace either.
But at least with Tanaris, you have a mount by that stage which makes life easier.

I prefer the pretty areas