Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-21-08, 06:29 AM   #13
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: International Fascism: Microsoft Will Kill More Youth than Hitler

Ima bout to kill someone with my Mattel AK47.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 10:58 AM   #14
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

No offense, but isn't this old news? Or hasn't somebody associated Microsoft to making CS before?
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 04:02 PM   #15
Moo
*BANNNED*

Fox News: Video Gamers Leave Baby To Die

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 04:31 PM   #16
nemecb

"This just in: Video gamers responsible* for world hunger, global warming, and the deaths of cute, furry little animals (take your pick, whichever animal evokes the most righteous outrage in you). Full story at 11."

*Well, someone who played video games was probably involved at some point. I mean they are pretty pervasive in society these days; it's hard to swing a dead cat (your cute, furry little animal of choice perhaps?) without hitting someone who played a video game. And really, what kind of people are they if they made you kill a cat so you could swing it at them?
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 08:59 PM   #17
Zelda_fan

I emailed the editor of the article and told him how absurd the article was, and I got a response back:

http://www.larouchepac.com/news/2008...begot-who.html
February 21, 2008 (LPAC)--In response to the hundreds of email's we've received on the article titled, "International Fascism: Microsoft Will Kill More Youth than Hitler", we present the following.
Valve was founded by two former Microsoft employees, Gabe Newell and Mike Harrington in late 1996. This begs the question, "Was this an intentional spin-off by Microsoft?" (Note: Valve was founded from "personal" startup capital.)
In consideration of that question on the "spin-off"; Now, looking at the fact that Microsoft now depends on video games and other related types of electronic entertainment media for its very existence as a business entity, isn't it ironic that Valve launched Microsoft's crusade for the wide scale adoption of Microsoft's DirectX API programming libraries? With a frank investigation of the entire PC hardware industry, no one single software company dominates, controls, and directs that industry more than Microsoft. Video games are the only reason why half of the PC industry's companies are still in business at all, with Microsoft sitting on top of the whole thing.
So, to argue that Microsoft didn't create Counterstrike or Half-Life is really just childish. The facts are clear, Microsoft used Valve software, wittingly, for, not only its dominance of the entire PC industry, but of the minds of billions of young people worldwide.

Regards,
-Adam Sturman
LaRouchePAC.com Editor
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 09:24 PM   #18
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
I emailed the editor of the article and told him how absurd the article was, and I got a response back:

http://www.larouchepac.com/news/2008...begot-who.html
February 21, 2008 (LPAC)--In response to the hundreds of email's we've received on the article titled, "International Fascism: Microsoft Will Kill More Youth than Hitler", we present the following.
Valve was founded by two former Microsoft employees, Gabe Newell and Mike Harrington in late 1996. This begs the question, "Was this an intentional spin-off by Microsoft?" (Note: Valve was founded from "personal" startup capital.)
In consideration of that question on the "spin-off"; Now, looking at the fact that Microsoft now depends on video games and other related types of electronic entertainment media for its very existence as a business entity, isn't it ironic that Valve launched Microsoft's crusade for the wide scale adoption of Microsoft's DirectX API programming libraries? With a frank investigation of the entire PC hardware industry, no one single software company dominates, controls, and directs that industry more than Microsoft. Video games are the only reason why half of the PC industry's companies are still in business at all, with Microsoft sitting on top of the whole thing.
So, to argue that Microsoft didn't create Counterstrike or Half-Life is really just childish. The facts are clear, Microsoft used Valve software, wittingly, for, not only its dominance of the entire PC industry, but of the minds of billions of young people worldwide.

Regards,
-Adam Sturman
LaRouchePAC.com Editor
lol what a douchebag answer. he called you childish? ha the nerve.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 09:53 AM   #19
nemecb

This guy is a real piece of work. For instance:
Quote:
International Fascism: Microsoft Will Kill More Youth than Hitler
Just the title of the article is incredibly ignorant. Millions of people were killed during WWII. Even if you grant the absurd claim that Microsoft is responsible for school shootings, there have been what, a few dozen, deaths from that? I don't want to make light of any of those deaths, but comparing the two events is borderline offensive.

Quote:
In consideration of that question on the "spin-off"; Now, looking at the fact that Microsoft now depends on video games and other related types of electronic entertainment media for its very existence as a business entity,
False. Microsoft depends on people's dependence on Windows and Office for its existence as a business entity. Those are consistently the two cash cows for Microsoft.

Quote:
isn't it ironic that Valve launched Microsoft's crusade for the wide scale adoption of Microsoft's DirectX API programming libraries?
Unless I'm mistaken, HL1 actually had an OpenGL renderer in addition to a DirectX renderer - just like many other games of that era. I fail to see how that constitutes a crusade for DirectX.

Quote:
With a frank investigation of the entire PC hardware industry, no one single software company dominates, controls, and directs that industry more than Microsoft.
Master of the obvious, this one. Oops, sorry, that was an ad hominem. Clearly the ignorance of this article is getting to me.
Quote:
Video games are the only reason why half of the PC industry's companies are still in business at all, with Microsoft sitting on top of the whole thing.
Really? So computers are useless without games for half of the people who own them? Certainly companies like nVidia and ATI (and games companies, obviously) owe their existence to games, but the rise of the laptop as the fastest growing segment of the computer market suggests that perhaps gaming isn't the primary use for most people.

Quote:
What facts? I've seen a bunch of speculation that Microsoft may have paid Valve to push DirectX, but the facts don't really support that. Never mind the fact that Valve just released Steamworks, which is a direct competitor to Microsoft's own gaming platform. But then he probably wouldn't know that since everything else I've read tells me he knows nothing about the computer game industry whatsoever, and I don't imagine that got covered on Fox News.

Quote:
Regards,
-Adam Sturman
LaRouchePAC.com Editor
Thank you for playing, Adam. Please come back and try again when you've done a little research first (maybe even play one of these satanic video games you're crucifying - hmm, I think I just mixed metaphors there).

*Sigh* It scares the hell out of me that people like this could be influencing our politicians.
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 12:32 PM   #20
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I heard Hitler played Grand Theft Auto...
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote