Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-08, 10:43 PM   #13
emacs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 62
Default Re: At last Paramount finally gone back to Blu!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
why, cause im not surprised BD sales are up when it's the only format? that makes me stupid?
unlikely. the post was probably in response your thinly veiled attempt to downplay the surge in Blu-ray player sales.
emacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 01:50 AM   #14
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: At last Paramount finally gone back to Blu!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacs
unlikely. the post was probably in response your thinly veiled attempt to downplay the surge in Blu-ray player sales.
wow, another person who doesnt understand the concept. im not downplaying the increase in sales. im saying that it shouldnt come as a surprise. there is now only one format. of course sales will increase. am i the only one who understands the concept?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 07:08 AM   #15
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: At last Paramount finally gone back to Blu!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
wow, another person who doesnt understand the concept. im not downplaying the increase in sales. im saying that it shouldnt come as a surprise. there is now only one format. of course sales will increase. am i the only one who understands the concept?
Oh ViN. Your veil is so thin!
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 07:55 AM   #16
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?
 
thor1182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indy, IN
Posts: 812
Default Re: At last Paramount finally gone back to Blu!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
wow, another person who doesnt understand the concept. im not downplaying the increase in sales. im saying that it shouldnt come as a surprise. there is now only one format. of course sales will increase. am i the only one who understands the concept?

no, but the shills are out in force to busy gloating to realize some of the obvious. I was disappointed when I went to BB last night that HD-DVD's where not cheaper yet.
__________________
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 08:49 AM   #17
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: At last Paramount finally gone back to Blu!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
Oh ViN. Your veil is so thin!
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 10:46 AM   #18
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte
 
Imbroglio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,271
Default Re: At last Paramount finally gone back to Blu!!!!

wow not too many logical ppl in this thread... one added vin to ignore list out of own ignorance, lmfao, hypocrisy at its finest.

so now people are buying bd that were waiting for the format war to be over, and for those that previously on had hddvd.

yet the following seems wierd?

2 formats, 1 dies, logically the surviving one would grow?

apparently people in this thread: 2 formats, 1 dies, *gasp* sales have surged zomg, look at the lead now

*slaps forehead*

people with egos continue to grow more populous here at nvnews
__________________

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 02:52 PM   #19
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen
 
NaitoSan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,069
Default Re: At last Paramount finally gone back to Blu!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbroglio
wow not too many logical ppl in this thread... one added vin to ignore list out of own ignorance, lmfao, hypocrisy at its finest.

so now people are buying bd that were waiting for the format war to be over, and for those that previously on had hddvd.

yet the following seems wierd?

2 formats, 1 dies, logically the surviving one would grow?

apparently people in this thread: 2 formats, 1 dies, *gasp* sales have surged zomg, look at the lead now

*slaps forehead*

people with egos continue to grow more populous here at nvnews
assuming you're saying i'm hypocrite just because i added vin to ignore list? how's so? did you actually follow several posts of vin from other threads? its so oblivious that he likes to troll whenever blu-ray is mentioned. i posted the link on blu-ray sale increase to follow up Gregor976's post or anyone else who is curious or interested. i also mentioned about more blu-ray players coming and might see lower price on those in the near future. i wasn't trying to gloat or anything.

i didn't understand why people should get fussed up with that, it's annoying.
__________________
17-inch MacBook Pro: Unibody | Intel Core 2 T9800 @ 2.93GHz | Nvidia 9400M GT / 9600M GT 512MB GDDR3 | 320GB 7200RPM SATA | 4GB DDR3 PC1066 | Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard | Windows 7 Professional x64

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 03:36 PM   #20
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: At last Paramount finally gone back to Blu!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan
assuming you're saying i'm hypocrite just because i added vin to ignore list? how's so? did you actually follow several posts of vin from other threads? its so oblivious that he likes to troll whenever blu-ray is mentioned. i posted the link on blu-ray sale increase to follow up Gregor976's post or anyone else who is curious or interested. i also mentioned about more blu-ray players coming and might see lower price on those in the near future. i wasn't trying to gloat or anything.

i didn't understand why people should get fussed up with that, it's annoying.
1. i dont troll. i look for the sony fanboys that constantly talk about how superior everything sony is and i throw facts in their faces.

2. im glad you added me to the ignore list. now i can trash the hell out of you and cant say anything cause you dont even know it's there.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-08, 09:45 AM   #21
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte
 
Imbroglio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,271
Default Re: At last Paramount finally gone back to Blu!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan
assuming you're saying i'm hypocrite just because i added vin to ignore list? how's so? did you actually follow several posts of vin from other threads? its so oblivious that he likes to troll whenever blu-ray is mentioned. i posted the link on blu-ray sale increase to follow up Gregor976's post or anyone else who is curious or interested. i also mentioned about more blu-ray players coming and might see lower price on those in the near future. i wasn't trying to gloat or anything.

i didn't understand why people should get fussed up with that, it's annoying.
ignoring someone out of ignorance is hypocrisy, plain and simple. i read through his posts, he was pointing out that sales are the way they are because of what has occurred. up until CES'08 there had been little shifts in the hd markets, bd remaining steadily at ~60-65% of the market. major studio support backs one format and then he gets called an idiot for pointing out why that format is obviously selling better/adoption rate? again, no logic there at all.
__________________

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-08, 12:35 PM   #22
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist
 
Peoples-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 4,308
Default Re: At last Paramount finally gone back to Blu!!!!

I'm with Vin on this one, it's simple common sense.

If Warner had gone the other way and it had been in HD DVDs favour, in light of the lower cost of standalones the uptake would have been even greater than it has now been with Blu-Ray, again... common sense.

Albeit, i'm a HD DVD supporter, I am now glad I can finally get stuck into releases.

I just wish alot of the earlier BD weren't so scrappy as alot of collectable good titles have been wasted.
__________________
For The Fallen
With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
England mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-08, 02:04 PM   #23
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen
 
NaitoSan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,069
Default Re: At last Paramount finally gone back to Blu!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbroglio
ignoring someone out of ignorance is hypocrisy, plain and simple. i read through his posts, he was pointing out that sales are the way they are because of what has occurred. up until CES'08 there had been little shifts in the hd markets, bd remaining steadily at ~60-65% of the market. major studio support backs one format and then he gets called an idiot for pointing out why that format is obviously selling better/adoption rate? again, no logic there at all.
And I didn't know about that? Duh, I do and it wasn't about that. Doesn't matter. I'm getting attacked over my opinions and being called hypocrite by hd dvd fanboys aren't worth it.

Cheers.
__________________
17-inch MacBook Pro: Unibody | Intel Core 2 T9800 @ 2.93GHz | Nvidia 9400M GT / 9600M GT 512MB GDDR3 | 320GB 7200RPM SATA | 4GB DDR3 PC1066 | Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard | Windows 7 Professional x64

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-08, 02:56 PM   #24
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen
 
NaitoSan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,069
Default Re: At last Paramount finally gone back to Blu!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
1. i dont troll. i look for the sony fanboys that constantly talk about how superior everything sony is and i throw facts in their faces.

2. im glad you added me to the ignore list. now i can trash the hell out of you and cant say anything cause you dont even know it's there.
then why troll on my posts? all my posts' not all about sony. sony is overpriced and not always best, so can't you quit assuming i'm sony fanboy? i have ps3 just becase i like games. i know a lot of people are pissed because hd dvd lost but thats fact. i'm trying to tell people that players' price will drop (not sony of course) in the near future. no one is being forced to get player now.

i removed you from ignore list, hoping we can get along.
__________________
17-inch MacBook Pro: Unibody | Intel Core 2 T9800 @ 2.93GHz | Nvidia 9400M GT / 9600M GT 512MB GDDR3 | 320GB 7200RPM SATA | 4GB DDR3 PC1066 | Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard | Windows 7 Professional x64

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GPU memory consumption, back buffer, Quadro tdsussman NVIDIA Linux 5 08-14-12 09:14 PM
[Regression] "6 little screens" problem is back with 302.07 (AU0-8428 pannel) mile-igad NVIDIA Linux 6 06-26-12 08:10 AM
New DLC Available: Jagged Alliance - Back in Action: Point Blank DLC News Gaming Headlines 0 06-13-12 06:30 PM
PSN Dusts Self Off, Gets Back Online News Gaming Headlines 0 06-10-12 02:30 AM
Mandrake 9.0 and Nvidia 1.0-3123 FINALLY!!!! Now for a question. jthompson7051 NVIDIA Linux 1 10-07-02 02:17 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.