Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-21-08, 10:43 PM   #13
emacs

Default Re: At last Paramount finally gone back to Blu!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
why, cause im not surprised BD sales are up when it's the only format? that makes me stupid?
unlikely. the post was probably in response your thinly veiled attempt to downplay the surge in Blu-ray player sales.
emacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 01:50 AM   #14
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacs
unlikely. the post was probably in response your thinly veiled attempt to downplay the surge in Blu-ray player sales.
wow, another person who doesnt understand the concept. im not downplaying the increase in sales. im saying that it shouldnt come as a surprise. there is now only one format. of course sales will increase. am i the only one who understands the concept?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 07:08 AM   #15
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
wow, another person who doesnt understand the concept. im not downplaying the increase in sales. im saying that it shouldnt come as a surprise. there is now only one format. of course sales will increase. am i the only one who understands the concept?
Oh ViN. Your veil is so thin!
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 07:55 AM   #16
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:

no, but the shills are out in force to busy gloating to realize some of the obvious. I was disappointed when I went to BB last night that HD-DVD's where not cheaper yet.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 08:49 AM   #17
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
Oh ViN. Your veil is so thin!
Old 02-22-08, 10:46 AM   #18
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

wow not too many logical ppl in this thread... one added vin to ignore list out of own ignorance, lmfao, hypocrisy at its finest.

so now people are buying bd that were waiting for the format war to be over, and for those that previously on had hddvd.

yet the following seems wierd?

2 formats, 1 dies, logically the surviving one would grow?

apparently people in this thread: 2 formats, 1 dies, *gasp* sales have surged zomg, look at the lead now

*slaps forehead*

people with egos continue to grow more populous here at nvnews

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 02:52 PM   #19
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbroglio
wow not too many logical ppl in this thread... one added vin to ignore list out of own ignorance, lmfao, hypocrisy at its finest.

so now people are buying bd that were waiting for the format war to be over, and for those that previously on had hddvd.

yet the following seems wierd?

2 formats, 1 dies, logically the surviving one would grow?

apparently people in this thread: 2 formats, 1 dies, *gasp* sales have surged zomg, look at the lead now

*slaps forehead*

people with egos continue to grow more populous here at nvnews
assuming you're saying i'm hypocrite just because i added vin to ignore list? how's so? did you actually follow several posts of vin from other threads? its so oblivious that he likes to troll whenever blu-ray is mentioned. i posted the link on blu-ray sale increase to follow up Gregor976's post or anyone else who is curious or interested. i also mentioned about more blu-ray players coming and might see lower price on those in the near future. i wasn't trying to gloat or anything.

i didn't understand why people should get fussed up with that, it's annoying.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 03:36 PM   #20
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan
assuming you're saying i'm hypocrite just because i added vin to ignore list? how's so? did you actually follow several posts of vin from other threads? its so oblivious that he likes to troll whenever blu-ray is mentioned. i posted the link on blu-ray sale increase to follow up Gregor976's post or anyone else who is curious or interested. i also mentioned about more blu-ray players coming and might see lower price on those in the near future. i wasn't trying to gloat or anything.

1. i dont troll. i look for the sony fanboys that constantly talk about how superior everything sony is and i throw facts in their faces.

2. im glad you added me to the ignore list. now i can trash the hell out of you and cant say anything cause you dont even know it's there.

Old 02-23-08, 09:45 AM   #21
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan

ignoring someone out of ignorance is hypocrisy, plain and simple. i read through his posts, he was pointing out that sales are the way they are because of what has occurred. up until CES'08 there had been little shifts in the hd markets, bd remaining steadily at ~60-65% of the market. major studio support backs one format and then he gets called an idiot for pointing out why that format is obviously selling better/adoption rate? again, no logic there at all.

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-08, 12:35 PM   #22
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

I'm with Vin on this one, it's simple common sense.

If Warner had gone the other way and it had been in HD DVDs favour, in light of the lower cost of standalones the uptake would have been even greater than it has now been with Blu-Ray, again... common sense.

Albeit, i'm a HD DVD supporter, I am now glad I can finally get stuck into releases.

I just wish alot of the earlier BD weren't so scrappy as alot of collectable good titles have been wasted.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-08, 02:04 PM   #23
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbroglio
ignoring someone out of ignorance is hypocrisy, plain and simple. i read through his posts, he was pointing out that sales are the way they are because of what has occurred. up until CES'08 there had been little shifts in the hd markets, bd remaining steadily at ~60-65% of the market. major studio support backs one format and then he gets called an idiot for pointing out why that format is obviously selling better/adoption rate? again, no logic there at all.
And I didn't know about that? Duh, I do and it wasn't about that. Doesn't matter. I'm getting attacked over my opinions and being called hypocrite by hd dvd fanboys aren't worth it.

Cheers.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Old 02-23-08, 02:56 PM   #24
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
1. i dont troll. i look for the sony fanboys that constantly talk about how superior everything sony is and i throw facts in their faces.

2. im glad you added me to the ignore list. now i can trash the hell out of you and cant say anything cause you dont even know it's there.
then why troll on my posts? all my posts' not all about sony. sony is overpriced and not always best, so can't you quit assuming i'm sony fanboy? i have ps3 just becase i like games. i know a lot of people are pissed because hd dvd lost but thats fact. i'm trying to tell people that players' price will drop (not sony of course) in the near future. no one is being forced to get player now.

i removed you from ignore list, hoping we can get along.