Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-24-08, 03:09 PM   #1
ViN86

Default Meine 360 ist kaputt!

LOL

so i was playing COD4 and all of a sudden my game froze. so i rebooted, then it froze at the xbox screen. so i removed the disc and unplugged it to clear the RAM. then i turned it back on and i got this....

haha oh well. i have an older version anyway, so hopefully they will upgrade my CPU/GPU to the smaller process and it will run cooler.

just upgraded my computer and just got the Orange Box, so at least ill have some games to play in the meantime.

RIP 360, you gave me hundreds of hours of gameplay. i will see you when you return.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-08, 03:22 PM   #2
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Meiner 360 ist caput!

Now that was thinly veiled....
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-08, 03:57 PM   #3
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

I thought this only happened to Sony Fanboys and those with an agenda? They all die.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-08, 04:21 PM   #4
Schugy
Palit GF 7600GT AGP

Send a message via ICQ to Schugy Send a message via AIM to Schugy Send a message via Yahoo to Schugy
Default Re: Meine 360 ist kaputt.

*correctedtitle*
Schugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-08, 05:12 PM   #5
LordJuanlo
Widescreen rules

Another one bites the dust, no big surprises, this console is the biggest POS ever built (speaking from a construction viewpoint of course)
ATI 5870 (Graphics) + GeForce 9600GT (PhysX) on Samsung SM244T 1920x1200
LG GGW-H20L BluRay & HD-DVD / Logitech Z-5500 5.1 DTS / Westone 3 Earphones
Asus Xonar D2 / 360 Elite Wireless Controller / Gigabyte Odin GT 800W
Windows 7 x64
(also a 360 and a PSP )
LordJuanlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-08, 05:35 PM   #6
ralinn
Masters

Sorry to hear that dude. I ended up buying an elite, repairing my busted Premium 360 and selling it.

At the moment, I feel like I did the right thing. The Elite has been very stable for me so far. *touch wood*

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-08, 06:20 PM   #7
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
I thought this only happened to Sony Fanboys and those with an agenda? They all die.
yea i agree LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schugy
*correctedtitle*
sorry, i dont speak german

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
Sorry to hear that dude. I ended up buying an elite, repairing my busted Premium 360 and selling it.

At the moment, I feel like I did the right thing. The Elite has been very stable for me so far. *touch wood*
ill definitely consider that. id like to get a new console with the HDMI port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJuanlo
Another one bites the dust, no big surprises, this console is the biggest POS ever built (speaking from a construction viewpoint of course)
yea i love gaming on my 360, but youre right. from a construction point of view it's a POS hahaha.
Old 02-27-08, 12:56 PM   #8
ViN86

got an email from MS when i ordered the coffin. they said 4-6 weeks after they receive it. is the repair center backed up or this normal?

my brother went through two 360's already and it took him about 2 weeks for each.

Old 02-27-08, 01:47 PM   #9
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
got an email from MS when i ordered the coffin. they said 4-6 weeks after they receive it. is the repair center backed up or this normal?
It *shouldn't* take that long.

I'll use this thread to tell my story, which ultimately led to me getting rid of the 360 all together. After having replaced 3 Pro/Premium systems due to freezing and/or RRoD, I bought a brand new Elite last summer. It worked great for about 6 months. Then all of a sudden while doing some Gears online, the system would freeze up while trying to play online. Same went for other games.

Another call to the brainless ones in Xbox support. Did the standard shipping rigamarole, got the system back about 2-3 weeks later, and instead of an Elite, they sent me a Pro. Idiots, it wasn't even a Falcon system either, no HDMI port. Another round of phone calls, send back the wrong system, get another package. They sent an Elite all right, but they didn't include a power supply, which I had returned to them. That was the last straw. Power supply comes in, hard drive gets formatted, system gets sold. In the oh, 2 months that I dealt with this, I hardly missed the machine and don't regret selling it in the slightest.

PS3 and Wii? Still going strong. In fact, I just upgraded the PS3's hard drive to 120 GB in anticipation of the rumored DVR functionality, as well as possibly installing Linux.

BTW, ViN, if you want an update on the status of your repair, have your case number handy and call (866) 506-3826. That's a number to US-based Xbox support where you'll deal with people who actually speak English as a first language.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 01:50 PM   #10
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
they don't have any, simple as that, your console won't be repaired, you will get a new one.

MS has hardware shortages now.
Old 02-29-08, 02:14 PM   #11
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
It *shouldn't* take that long.

I'll use this thread to tell my story, which ultimately led to me getting rid of the 360 all together. After having replaced 3 Pro/Premium systems due to freezing and/or RRoD, I bought a brand new Elite last summer. It worked great for about 6 months. Then all of a sudden while doing some Gears online, the system would freeze up while trying to play online. Same went for other games.

Another call to the brainless ones in Xbox support. Did the standard shipping rigamarole, got the system back about 2-3 weeks later, and instead of an Elite, they sent me a Pro. Idiots, it wasn't even a Falcon system either, no HDMI port. Another round of phone calls, send back the wrong system, get another package. They sent an Elite all right, but they didn't include a power supply, which I had returned to them. That was the last straw. Power supply comes in, hard drive gets formatted, system gets sold. In the oh, 2 months that I dealt with this, I hardly missed the machine and don't regret selling it in the slightest.

PS3 and Wii? Still going strong. In fact, I just upgraded the PS3's hard drive to 120 GB in anticipation of the rumored DVR functionality, as well as possibly installing Linux.

BTW, ViN, if you want an update on the status of your repair, have your case number handy and call (866) 506-3826. That's a number to US-based Xbox support where you'll deal with people who actually speak English as a first language.
thx sat. good to see you back around nvnews too
Old 02-29-08, 02:19 PM   #12
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

NP. Good luck getting everything sorted.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote