Old 02-27-08, 03:17 AM   #49
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Frontlines: Fuel of War

Got this back from SecuROM:

Quote:
Hello.

Thank you for your email. After careful inspection of the analysis file, and based upon your error description, it appears that the issue is not SecuROM related. Unfortunately we can only provide support for issues related to our copy protection.

Please contact the software publisher for specific software related support.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team
SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com
or via e-mail: support@securom.com
So even though disc 1 gives me a SecuROM error, they claim there is no SecuROM problem. Thanks for the help SecuROM! Sent this back:

Quote:
I understand what you mean on disc two, it gives me no SecuROM error, but I can't imagine the SecuROM error I got on disc one is supposed to happen, and I wonder if maybe I get an error on disc two because I am supposed to launch the game through disc one, which I can't do because of SecuROM... disc one is usually the launch disc after all, and there isn't even an autorun menu on disc 2.
My expectations for help are quite low.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 03:54 AM   #50
ATi
RooR

http://community.kaosstudios.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69

its not just you
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 04:36 AM   #51
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

And they wonder why so many people download cracked games..
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 04:41 AM   #52
ASUSEN7900GTX

what kind of game is this MP MMORPG?
Asus P6t deluxe V2

"be to others as you want others to be against you"
some wiseass came up with it
ASUSEN7900GTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 04:53 AM   #53
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Well I got the game to start, but not really run... Ends up my bios had an update in late January I hadn't checked yet, and after updating my bios the game launched perfectly from the games explorer in Vista from disc 2 (still no autorun on disc 2).

Unfortunately, after seeing the awesome opening cinematic, the game started and quickly froze... it came back about 30 seconds later, then promptly froze again. This game must be reaaaaaal touchy with drivers or something. I'm giving up for tonight, I'll play around with it more tomorrow.

For what it's worth, the 3 minutes I got to play the game were awesome.
Old 02-27-08, 12:24 PM   #54
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Okay, the official forums cured my freezing problem... something in the game's foliage is bugged and you have to turn foliage off to prevent freezing. Here are the official solutions for me if you are having serious issues with the game:

SecuROM error or crash at start: Update your bios and motherboard drivers, this solved the problem for me.

Game freezing constantly in gameplay: Set "foliage" in the advanced graphics section all the way to the left, or off.

Soooooo, now the game runs, how is it? I really like it. Let me get one thing out of the way though, do NOT buy this game for singleplayer... like Quake Wars and UT3 the singleplayer is basically just multi with bots. The game is a lot like Quake Wars only I would say more hectic in a lot ways... probably not quite as polished as QW, but maybe more fun and interesting overall. The story that sets the stage is pretty awesome as well.

The battle drones and such are pretty fun to use and switch the gameplay up a bit... I liked toward the end of level one where you can hide outside the gate and let flying or driving drones clear the base out. Not really any other gadgets or vehicles so far in level one...

Graphics look pretty sweet, or at least have the potential to look really sweet... I haven't tweaked at all yet. One lame thing, there seems to be no AA settings and the jaggies are running rampant. I'll check and see tonight if I can force AA through nVidia. There are a LOT of graphics options though, so it's not a lame console port with no tweaking... textures can look really nice.

If you were dissapointed with QW but like that style of play you might want to keep an eye on Frontlines... if you are bored of QW but liked it I would say buy Frontlines. If you're not into objective-based multiplayer, stay far away. I'll try and get some screens tonight if no one else beats me to it.
Old 02-27-08, 02:03 PM   #55
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero
Let me get one thing out of the way though, do NOT buy this game for singleplayer... like Quake Wars and UT3 the singleplayer is basically just multi with bots.
Ok, thanks.

Damn that sucks. Was hoping for a nice SP campaign, oh well, got plenty of other stuff to play anyway.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 02:53 PM   #56
bacon12

Well steam pushed back the release date for another two days for some reason. I may go to the store and buy it if I have time after work.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-08, 03:14 PM   #57
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy
Ok, thanks.

Damn that sucks. Was hoping for a nice SP campaign, oh well, got plenty of other stuff to play anyway.
It has cutscenes and such, but the actual gameplay is just objectives in an open arena, just like multi.
Old 02-27-08, 08:48 PM   #58
Amuro
Newtype Ace

How is MP in the retail version, is it OK? My main concern is the lack of joystick support in the retail build, but looks a patch will address that:
http://community.kaosstudios.com/sho...9750#post49750
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Water cooled by Koolance ERM-3K3UC Cooling System
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 08:55 PM   #59
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Any word on a PC demo?
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 09:32 PM   #60
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro
How is MP in the retail version, is it OK? My main concern is the lack of joystick support in the retail build, but looks a patch will address that:
http://community.kaosstudios.com/sho...9750#post49750
I haven't played it enough to write a longer review, but I'll try to play more tonight. I still have no idea why you would want pad support on a PC FPS, but good thing it's coming I guess.