Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-28-08, 11:54 AM   #73
Blade
It's just a ride....

Default Re: Frontlines: Fuel of War

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12
Yea I can't play it either. Splash screen shows and it crashes. Seems I am not alone in my problem, and it is both XP and Vista being affected.

I put in a ticket last night, but I imagine it is one of many.

EDIT.. Oh and why the hell does the installer require you to install phyix drivers?
XP here & runs bootifully, no request for physix drivers either, runnin at 1600x1200 with everything on max, solid 60fps in all areas,multiplayer is a blast, very impressed with this game.
Old 02-28-08, 12:31 PM   #74
Burnt_Ram

oh my. what to do? i have been burned so many times in the past i just dunno. if its like Quake Wars then ill pass, didnt like that game atall. now if its more like BF2, which it looks like from the screen shots i might have to buy it. runs good and MP is fun, and more or less bug free?

edit:

couldnt help myself. i just ordered thru steam, hope it's good!
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 12:32 PM   #75
bacon12

So you were not required to install the physix drivers? I read at least ten threads this morning with the same story in each one.

I am gonna patch it and see, but that patch doesn't address my issue?
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 01:40 PM   #76
Blade
It's just a ride....

I saw nothing about Physix drivers when i installed, maybe beacause i allready run GRAW2, either way game runs very well, looks awsome, huge maps & great player classes, some really cool weapons too, & no i'm not a fanboiy, just an avid fps graphics *****

Most issues i've seen are around Vista & emulation software.
Old 02-28-08, 03:15 PM   #77
Fee

Looks like a cool game. Anyone know if its has a Lan server? With bots? so me and friends can play locally and have full server?
Fee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 03:25 PM   #78
Blade
It's just a ride....

No bots in multiplayer atm.
Old 02-28-08, 03:49 PM   #79
Fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade
No bots in multiplayer atm.
aww, thats a bummer, but ill check it out anyways they might had bots later hopefully.
Fee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 04:34 PM   #80
compuguy1088
UberGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero
Okay, the official forums cured my freezing problem... something in the game's foliage is bugged and you have to turn foliage off to prevent freezing. Here are the official solutions for me if you are having serious issues with the game:

SecuROM error or crash at start: Update your bios and motherboard drivers, this solved the problem for me.

Game freezing constantly in gameplay: Set "foliage" in the advanced graphics section all the way to the left, or off.

Soooooo, now the game runs, how is it? I really like it. Let me get one thing out of the way though, do NOT buy this game for singleplayer... like Quake Wars and UT3 the singleplayer is basically just multi with bots. The game is a lot like Quake Wars only I would say more hectic in a lot ways... probably not quite as polished as QW, but maybe more fun and interesting overall. The story that sets the stage is pretty awesome as well.

The battle drones and such are pretty fun to use and switch the gameplay up a bit... I liked toward the end of level one where you can hide outside the gate and let flying or driving drones clear the base out. Not really any other gadgets or vehicles so far in level one...

Graphics look pretty sweet, or at least have the potential to look really sweet... I haven't tweaked at all yet. One lame thing, there seems to be no AA settings and the jaggies are running rampant. I'll check and see tonight if I can force AA through nVidia. There are a LOT of graphics options though, so it's not a lame console port with no tweaking... textures can look really nice.

If you were dissapointed with QW but like that style of play you might want to keep an eye on Frontlines... if you are bored of QW but liked it I would say buy Frontlines. If you're not into objective-based multiplayer, stay far away. I'll try and get some screens tonight if no one else beats me to it.
The foliage bug is still there. I recall that issue way back when they started the PUBLIC BETA! They should of had time to fix that issue between the public beta and release.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 Ghz|4 x 1024 meg Corsair XMS2 DDR800|Gigabyte Geforce 8800 GT 512 Mb OC|Windows Vista Ultimate x64|Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus MB|CoolerMaster WaveMaster Case|Logitech G15 Ver 1 Keyboard|Razer Copperhead Laser Mouse
compuguy1088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-08, 05:21 PM   #81
ATi
RooR

I got it to run now all setting high/ foliage low?but i cant get the aa to work?
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 05:45 PM   #82
Blade
It's just a ride....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATi
I got it to run now all setting high/ foliage low?but i cant get the aa to work?

Rename the games FFOW.exe file to "Bioshock"

& then create a new shortcut to it on ya desktop, then force aa thru the Nvidia control panel.

Works a treat.
Old 02-28-08, 05:46 PM   #83
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Originally Posted by compuguy1088
The foliage bug is still there. I recall that issue way back when they started the PUBLIC BETA! They should of had time to fix that issue between the public beta and release.
whats The foliage bug ?
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 05:47 PM   #84
Blade
It's just a ride....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATi
whats The foliage bug ?
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero
Okay, the official forums cured my freezing problem... something in the game's foliage is bugged and you have to turn foliage off to prevent freezing. Here are the official solutions for me if you are having serious issues with the game:

Game freezing constantly in gameplay: Set "foliage" in the advanced graphics section all the way to the left, or off.