Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-25-08, 08:34 AM   #25
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Finally got a PS3

When summer comes around, I would just let it heat up. Don't block vents.

Austin has had really weird weather over the past few months, a couple of days, I left for work with my windows open since it was a lovely 55F, came back home and it was over 80F and the PS3 was whining away. Since it sits in the same room as my PC, I thought, oh, maybe the PC is hotter than ever but nope, it was the PS3.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 08:44 AM   #26
Moo
*BANNNED*

PS3 group hug!~
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 08:52 AM   #27
Dr.Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar
Congrats

Now start folding

-edit-

Just read your noise comment. Make sure you keep that thing ventilated. If it ever gets warm enough that the fan kicks to the next level, it will drown out every single other electronic toy you have. My ps3 has only had the fan kick on twice since I bought mine but it made my Xbox360 sound perfectly silent by comparison. No joke but however loud you think your Xbox got at max, multiply that by x2.

Keep it ventilated and cool and you'll be just fine
I have the perfect test for ya. I play on the PS3, my dog sits next to me no prob. I fire up the 360 and put a game in and it gives me the biggest "you're an a**hole man!" kinda look and leaves the room.
That right there is all I need for proof lol. Never-ever has my PS3 hit 360 noise levels. Even with the disk in its quieter than an idle 360. I mean putting a disk in the 360 is like unleashing the hounds of hell upon your room and im not joking. It can easily be heard over my PC and even my small refrigerator which is hurting.
Grats to the OP and i hope you enjoy it. The next step is grabbing a 250Gb HD and throwing all your movies, music, and pics on it for easy access. Next to my PC my PS3 my fav multimedia device by far. Oh, the DB remote is pretty cool too and is awesome to have for movie watchin
Old 02-25-08, 09:21 AM   #28
Badboy_12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Is Uncharted really that good? I played the demo and it was pretty cool. I like the Tomb Raider type games.
I thought uncharted was kinda stiff didnt like it alot
I would recommend Ratchet and Clank. Tons of FUN!
Yeah and heavenly sword. A must have game!

And then buy lots and lots and lots of blu-ray movies
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 10:13 AM   #29
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar
Congrats

Now start folding

-edit-

Just read your noise comment. Make sure you keep that thing ventilated. If it ever gets warm enough that the fan kicks to the next level, it will drown out every single other electronic toy you have. My ps3 has only had the fan kick on twice since I bought mine but it made my Xbox360 sound perfectly silent by comparison. No joke but however loud you think your Xbox got at max, multiply that by x2.

Keep it ventilated and cool and you'll be just fine
My system sits right out in the open. No worries there but thanks for the advice.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 02:30 PM   #30
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy_12345
I thought uncharted was kinda stiff didnt like it alot
I would recommend Ratchet and Clank. Tons of FUN!
Yeah and heavenly sword. A must have game!

And then buy lots and lots and lots of blu-ray movies
Yup. Heavenly Swork is one of my favourite games on the PS3. I have completed it 3 times. I hope they make a sequel.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 02:46 PM   #31
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_LoL
Yup. Heavenly Swork is one of my favourite games on the PS3. I have completed it 3 times. I hope they make a sequel.
ROFL

Sorry. I couldn't help it. Swork just sounds so funny!

It's a great game. I know people pass it off as a button masher, but it's not. You do have to choose the style for the enemy.

I still need to buy Uncharted and DMC4. Played the demos loved them. Probably get DMC4 + Dualshock. Though I'm not feeling spendy at the moment with my health being a bitch. ::

Enjoy the PS3 Mr Dawg. Add me on PSN... crainger ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 03:25 PM   #32
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
ROFL

Sorry. I couldn't help it. Swork just sounds so funny!

It's a great game. I know people pass it off as a button masher, but it's not. You do have to choose the style for the enemy.

I still need to buy Uncharted and DMC4. Played the demos loved them. Probably get DMC4 + Dualshock. Though I'm not feeling spendy at the moment with my health being a bitch. ::

Enjoy the PS3 Mr Dawg. Add me on PSN... crainger ::
Will do.

my PSN ID is Apocolypscow

P.S. I always thought that rumble in controllers was silly. I love the weight and feel of sixaxis. Sony really nailed the controller with PS1. Don't ever mess with this controller Sony. I will keel u
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-08, 03:30 PM   #33
Dr.Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_LoL
I've heard its supposed to be trilogy. I'm hoping that is true as more of Nariko is always a good thing
Old 02-25-08, 07:26 PM   #34
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Quote:
Will do.

P.S. I always thought that rumble in controllers was silly. I love the weight and feel of sixaxis. Sony really nailed the controller with PS1. Don't ever mess with this controller Sony. I will keel u
They made a wise decision paying the money to keep the controller design after those nobodies sued them a couple of years back.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 08:15 PM   #35
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Will do.

I love rumble. When done properly. My favourite first experience with rumble was with MGS on PS1. The bit where the hind takes off and the controller rumbles. I mean it's not even in gameplay. It's just an extra they threw in for a non interactive cut scene! But it worked so well. Also works in games like Splinter Cell where you can feel the picking of locks.

I do agree though. The standard sixaxis is feels great, nice, smooth, light. Unlike the fat 360 controller with it's stiff rough analogue sticks.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-08, 10:01 AM   #36
Xion X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
It's a great game[Heavenly Sword]. I know people pass it off as a button masher, but it's not. You do have to choose the style for the enemy.
Agreed, great game! There is a little more strategy involved than people imply. Great story, character art and voice acting are the best I've EVER seen in a game, and the graphics and music are kickass. The best thing about it may be the six-axis implementation, though. There are several incredible sequences where you must control the direction/trajectory of cannonballs and crossbow arrows towards your target, and the six-axis works beautifully here. Really puts you in the middle of the action.

Uncharted is also great. And if you want a good racing game, F1 Championship, like magus suggested, is a lot of fun and feels like the real thing.

I used to slam the PS3, but it's a hell of a deal to pick up such a great console PLUS blu-ray player. For ~349$ it just can't be beat.
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote