Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-11-09, 11:01 AM   #61
alitayyab

Default Re: Prototype

So how many here are getting random CTDs during game play. I've had 3 so far all at various random points (specs = rig 1)
Old 06-11-09, 11:30 AM   #62
Mangler
DRM is your friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Disabling some HIDs in the device manager should help:
http://forums.vgames.com/viewtopic.p...478d36b#p35756

Bugs like that are always a sign of a pretty ****ty port.
They are?

I never realized that the original fear was a ****ty port.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 01:41 PM   #63
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buio View Post
You sound like an upper class twit that earlier belittled hack & slash games as not being fine enough to play, especially not on PC. I don't care what games you consider worthy because your opinion means nothing.

Funny that you call Magus a dbag, when it is in reality you who are one.
Well crawl back to your hole faggot as you words mean absolute nothing to me. I guess you are just cheap trash. upper class like myself has way better taste then you would ever dream of. back to my bout as it's sunny here and the girls are waiting. My mates and I will take em on a ride and party like you cant afford babe
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 01:51 PM   #64
Buio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFX View Post
Well crawl back to your hole faggot as you words mean absolute nothing to me. I guess you are just cheap trash. upper class like myself has way better taste then you would ever dream of. back to my bout as it's sunny here and the girls are waiting. My mates and I will take em on a ride and party like you cant afford babe
Hah, I spit in your general direction as you not only lack class but also any ability to be funny. But that comes as no surprise considering your earlier postings. To many years of inbreeding on private boarding schools.

----

The game seems to be getting wide spread reviews. Some are praising it, while others like 1up and IGN don't like it especially. It has about 85 average on Metacritic (considering different platforms).

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...x360/prototype
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 02:04 PM   #65
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFX View Post
You're starting to get out of hand, Theres not need to directly attack someone with that kind of language. Try to act like an adult... if you are one.
Old 06-11-09, 02:12 PM   #66
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
You're starting to get out of hand, Theres not need to directly attack someone with that kind of language. Try to act like an adult... if you are one.
Well thats right but I couldent help myself and to be frank, I am in no way a rich dude so no boat here by a longshoot. It was just that he presume that I was upper class. heck I cant stand most of such people myself as they think they are way better then us rest
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 02:15 PM   #67
ViN86

Default Re: Official Prototype Thread

stickied.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 02:15 PM   #68
Buio

Well I was also trying to reply with a silly overtone so it wouldn't be taken too seriously.

I just don't like being called a retard and child just because I like some hack & slash games even if it is with a wink.
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-09, 02:40 PM   #69
ViN86

Buio and MaxFX need to both relax. No need for that in this thread.

Just leave it at that and continue talking about the game. Thanks.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 03:56 PM   #70
Destroy

This game is damn fun and well done. Crazy action and mega cool abilities. 84 score at Metacritic seems about right to me. Could be better in some areas but happy to see a solid, polished PC port.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 09:28 PM   #71
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I'm gonna drag myself down to Game and get this. Prob PeeCee version is it's cheaper.

:EDIT:

kk. I got the game and played it for a quick hour. It's great, it runs really well, controls well, I started with mouse, but with the lock on targeting system I'm now using 360 controller. The downsides I can see now are what everyone else has said, it goes from brilliant and really polished, to ugly and rushed. That goes for most aspects, graphics, sound and gameplay. I'd rate it about the same as Wolverine, moments of greatness, flashy moves, but mostly same old. Which is nothing bad. It just doesn't have the same refined feeling of Crackdown, could use the presentation of Infamous too. In terms of PC though, which has neither game, it's a good comprimise.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 12:02 PM   #72
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I'm gonna drag myself down to Game and get this. Prob PeeCee version is it's cheaper.

:EDIT:

kk. I got the game and played it for a quick hour. It's great, it runs really well, controls well, I started with mouse, but with the lock on targeting system I'm now using 360 controller. The downsides I can see now are what everyone else has said, it goes from brilliant and really polished, to ugly and rushed. That goes for most aspects, graphics, sound and gameplay. I'd rate it about the same as Wolverine, moments of greatness, flashy moves, but mostly same old. Which is nothing bad. It just doesn't have the same refined feeling of Crackdown, could use the presentation of Infamous too. In terms of PC though, which has neither game, it's a good comprimise.
Good to see someone else appreciate a game like this on PC. It is indeed a solid mix of Crackdown and inFamous type play. I'm having a blast with this game.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote