Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-12-09, 05:38 PM   #73
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Official Prototype Thread

I'm a little daunted at the upgrade options right now. There is so much to choose from! I am feeling more and more powerful though. PC is easily the best version to have as it removes the popup that the consoles have. Usually popup isn't a problem, but it seems the popup on consoles can break some missions.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-09, 01:26 PM   #74
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: Prototype

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Heck yeah, GoGamer has some hella sweet deals.
They had the import copy of Prototype as a pre-order for $35 the week before it shipped. I jumped on it, and just got it today. It's actually the full, North American release. Can't beat that.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-09, 10:44 PM   #75
Destroy

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 12:08 AM   #76
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

was going on pretty well with this game, I like just climbing up the side of a building with a car over my head and then plummeting down beside some helicopter and throwing the car at said helicopter. So far they've done a fairly good job with variety and introduction of new stuff.

Got to my first timed mission part of the story line and have died to it twice, Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I just don't seem to have the time to destroy the things before my minute is up. Might need to just find some rocket launchers or something.

Not really having problems with mouse and keyboard. Although it's a little annoying to me that when I turn the turret on the APC forward suddenly becomes reverse, Not a big deal but I'm used to BF2 apc which separates the gun turret from direction.

For those that have played more, can you increase your glide range? If you climb up high when you glide you glide out a bit then fall very vertically, I think it would be nice to get some more glide horizontally so I can get some distance when I make the journey up a tall building.
Old 06-14-09, 12:54 AM   #77
Zelda_fan

Default Re: Prototype

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFX View Post
Well crawl back to your hole faggot as you words mean absolute nothing to me. I guess you are just cheap trash. upper class like myself has way better taste then you would ever dream of. back to my bout as it's sunny here and the girls are waiting. My mates and I will take em on a ride and party like you cant afford babe
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 02:39 AM   #78
crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
was going on pretty well with this game, I like just climbing up the side of a building with a car over my head and then plummeting down beside some helicopter and throwing the car at said helicopter. So far they've done a fairly good job with variety and introduction of new stuff.

Got to my first timed mission part of the story line and have died to it twice, Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I just don't seem to have the time to destroy the things before my minute is up. Might need to just find some rocket launchers or something.

Not really having problems with mouse and keyboard. Although it's a little annoying to me that when I turn the turret on the APC forward suddenly becomes reverse, Not a big deal but I'm used to BF2 apc which separates the gun turret from direction.

For those that have played more, can you increase your glide range? If you climb up high when you glide you glide out a bit then fall very vertically, I think it would be nice to get some more glide horizontally so I can get some distance when I make the journey up a tall building.
Can't increase glide distance, but you can add more dashes you can do between gliding to extend range. In the end though, helicopter is fastest way across town.
Old 06-14-09, 08:44 AM   #79
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Can't increase glide distance, but you can add more dashes you can do between gliding to extend range. In the end though, helicopter is fastest way across town.
You can also glide, dash, then go into a glide again to remove the vertical fall part of glide. You still end up on the ground faster than one would like.

Shame the developers didn't make better use of the Body Surf ability. Would of rocked to be able to surf for more than 1 second.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 02:40 PM   #80
crainger

Yeah. It's a good way to clear a small crowd of humanoid enemies though.

Old 06-14-09, 03:23 PM   #81
JohnDio

Mouse stutter fix

Quote:
Its a program not an option.
Heres the link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/s0cv10

Im going to expain how to use it only once.
Dont ask further question , everything you need to know will be contained here.
1.Extract files from the rar and copy them to your prototype folder.
2.Make a shortcut of your fpslimiter.exe to desktop
3.Right click on shortcut and replace text from Target to this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Prototype\FPS_Limiter.exe" /f:50 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Prototype\prototypef.exe"

(this is for x64 vista, but you understand, first what goes is fps limiters location , then /f:50 represents number at what you want to limit your fps at- you can change to any number , keep below 60) and third part is location of prototype.exe)
After that you can rename shortcut to Prototype and set the original icon.
And enjoy game with mouse free of lag
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 05:16 AM   #82
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Im getting this soon, looks interesting. Besides i dont have any new games to play lately so im hoping this will keep me occupied for a while. I hope its as good as what reviews say.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 07:42 AM   #83
crainger

It's a lot of fun. Can be a bit random. Example, the Military consume missions, I start one, get 3 mins to get 4 targets, impossible as they are across Manhattan, I fail try again, this time they are bunched together and I complete easy. Still it's so damn fun. My guy is near unstoppable, yet the game is still a challenge (Mainly due to tough time limits and being forced to use flimsy military hardware).
Old 06-15-09, 08:01 AM   #84
Retrolock

would have been neat if it had some sort of MP...