Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-01-08, 07:05 AM   #25
skarf

Default Re: coompiz fusion / nvglx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriko
About performance loss - you can exit compiz before launching game, I do that all the time (it is easy with fusion-icon); ut2k4 is running smoothly that way on 1600x1200 (7600GT).
It's the compiz desktop himself having massive performance problems ...
skarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-08, 07:07 AM   #26
skarf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcox
I don't use Xgl anymore... I use Nvidia glx directly. UT2004 works fine along with Composite (though with a penalty... if you have a 7600GT or better, shouldn't be a problem at least up to 1280x1024). I have a 7600GS and I lowered the resolution to 1024x768 for the game... my solution to the performance loss for running composite.

In the past I used to use Xgl and the trick where you can run UT2004 on display :93, etc... but it wasn't stable.... what I'm using now is VERY stable. Occasionally I get Xv corruption.. I just Ctrl-Alt-F1 and then Alt-F7 and the corruption goes away (talking about videos)... it's not a bad problem and doesn't happen all of the time.
Jepp, nice

Compiz cannot be run with nvglx on my machine. That's the problem here ...
Old 03-01-08, 07:38 AM   #27
kriko
openSuSE11

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarf
It's the compiz desktop himself having massive performance problems ...
Then try loose binding, this boosts ups performance a lot for me, especially when the machine is under load.
kriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-08, 08:01 AM   #28
skarf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriko
Then try loose binding, this boosts ups performance a lot for me, especially when the machine is under load.
Jepp, didn't help.

this>>>
If you are using an old version of compiz and it prints out a message about not being able to bind a pixmap to a texture (or, if you are running it from an X terminal and you just see a blank screen), compiz is most likely incorrectly linked against a Mesa implementation of OpenGL. You should verify compiz is linked against the NVIDIA OpenGL libraries. This can be done by running...

$ ldd `which compiz`

...and ensuring the output contains the library libnvidia-tls.so.1. Only the NVIDIA OpenGL drivers should link in this library, so if you see it, your linking is correct. If not, you will need to rebuild compiz, ensuring it links against the NVIDIA version of libGL.so.
<<< may be a problem

an i don't know how to get this >>> ensuring it links against the NVIDIA version of libGL.so <<< done
Old 03-01-08, 12:23 PM   #29
skarf

Finally it runs!

The big "goodforeverything" solution.

-erasing everything Inclusive the error.
-installing Suse
-systemupdate
-install compiz-fusion
~>init 3
~>sh nvidia.run -q (100.14.23)
~>sax2 -r -m 0=nvidia
~>nvidia-xconfig --add-argb-glx-visuals --allow-glx-with-composite --composite
~>init 5
-logon
~>fusion-icon

Finished!

PS.: and ..... i realy don't know why ...lol