Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-29-02, 11:50 AM   #37
dpanter
Using a GF3 Ti500

Hmm... interesting! Maybe I will try this out.
I remember that I had some kind of enhanced GLQuake lying around, here is a screenie of the options menu: how about some fog and 'faked' bumpmapping...

BTW the .exe is marked Feb 2000 so it's not exactly brand new, yet these additions existed even back then...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	quake00.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	186  
dpanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 12:09 PM   #38
Toad
Lurking

Quote:
Originally posted by Master
Also does anybody have any idea whether the author shall implement smoothed animation like the one that is in GLQuake ?
IMO that would add a whole new level of realism to the game. Imagine smooth movement of those stenciled shadows on the walls !
I emailed the author asking whether he had plans to implement animation interpolation the day I played it; here's his reply:

Quote:
The "roadmap" for tenebrae is
- Optimize it
- Add interpolation
- Better particles
- Better (reflective or something cool) water
So you see I'm working on it ;)

Charles
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 01:56 PM   #39
Master

I`m looking forward to his next version very much ! Good to know he didn`t drop the project ! I think I`ll send him an email asking for some additional information.
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-02, 06:27 PM   #40
Matthius

Send a message via ICQ to Matthius Send a message via AIM to Matthius

i get some error that comes up and says that my video card isn't good enough or something. i have a geforce2 mx 440 32mb, but it says it supports them. i can'e install the latest drivers (see in the nvidia graphics card forum "geforce 2's always freeze!"). is there another way to force it, or manually do something to make it work?
Old 09-03-02, 06:28 PM   #41
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

For some VERY strange reason, I cannot get Quake to work, on THREE!!! different Microsoft OSes (Win95, 98, and XP). I have patched it, used different vidcard drivers, and even the shareware version of it, but still no go. On all three OSes I get kicked back to desktop. And yes, I've tried both GLQuake and the regular software one.

Any ideas?

-Aristotle
hordaktheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-02, 08:49 PM   #42
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by dpanter
Hmm... interesting! Maybe I will try this out.
I remember that I had some kind of enhanced GLQuake lying around, here is a screenie of the options menu: how about some fog and 'faked' bumpmapping...

BTW the .exe is marked Feb 2000 so it's not exactly brand new, yet these additions existed even back then...
i remember that GLQuake extension. the models looked/worked much better than in the original Quake, and there were more particle effects and bright torches.

i would very much like to see Tenebrae implement torches as a light source as well as add interpolation and the other features mentioned.
Old 09-06-02, 02:41 PM   #43
dpanter
Using a GF3 Ti500

Yes, I agree.
I tried Tenebrae and it was kinda cool actually. Cool lighting, yes! It needs major tweaking in many areas, but it's really nice. I liked playing around with the grenades, they are a lightsource so check them out.

Sadly, the grenades are only cool until they go off... they stop being a lightsource when they explode, and just throw the usual brown pixels flying.

Well, it's still early and the mod (do we call it mod?) can only get better. Great work! Greater stuff to come...
dpanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-02, 09:01 PM   #44
PCarr78

1) Check out the updates on the site! Some nice new screeniess!

2) Anyone try zoo.bsp? It's quite impressive.

Most importantly:
3) A trick to improve framerates, SMACK the MINUS key!

Make the window smaller. Your framerate will improve almost exponentially.

Before (fullsceen) 24fps

After (minimum Screen) 112fps!

Medium screen between 40 and 66
PCarr78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-02, 05:28 AM   #45
StealthHawk

Tenebrae engine + new map = drool
Old 09-07-02, 10:02 AM   #46
volt

Johnson - why use quincunx? it blurs textures too much. Should look even better with 2x AA
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-02, 01:51 PM   #47
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

i'm having horrible troubles with this thing, when i load the tenabre.exe it just loads the normal quake shareware game without any optimisations... at 2fps!!!!!!! what the smeg?

hell im running a 1.2ghz tbird/geforce4 ti4400 how can it not kick ass on this thing?! grrrrr
Old 09-07-02, 01:55 PM   #48
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

the above post was by meeee! damn j00 vamp, singing in on here
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote