Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-09-02, 05:41 PM   #61
PCarr78

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk

why would you want to play at anything but fullscreen, unless of course you are using some nifty widescreen resolution
Because framerate increases exponentially!
PCarr78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-02, 05:42 PM   #62
PCarr78

Quote:
Originally posted by sytaylor
im bitchin cus my rig is capeable of far better than 2fps even in tenabre, nevermind the origional quake (as thats what tenabre seems to load)
You HAVE to run at 32bpp
PCarr78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-02, 06:30 PM   #63
Gargr

demo 1
800x600 - 32
1024x768 - 27

with Celeron 850@952Mhz and Gf4 Ti4200 128MB Win98SE

bleh
Gargr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-02, 10:01 AM   #64
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Quote:
Originally posted by [Corporal Dan]

You HAVE to run at 32bpp
i AM running at 32bpp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-02, 02:43 AM   #65
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

*bump*

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
Old 09-12-02, 06:12 AM   #66
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by sytaylor
*bump*
what exactly is your problem?

are you running the shareware version? full version?

list your computer specs. what OS are you running? etc.
Old 09-13-02, 06:59 PM   #67
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Quote:

what exactly is your problem?

are you running the shareware version? full version?

list your computer specs. what OS are you running? etc.
shareware version

winxp pro
1.2ghz tbird
512mb 133mhz cas 2 ram
geforce 4 ti 4400 running the 27.50s
abit kt7a raid mobo
sb128
anything else you want?

You have been warned.
My Blog
Old 09-15-02, 12:52 PM   #68
sk8bloke22

lol. sytaylor, that name seems familiar.

downloading this tenebre thingy now, im pissed i lost my quake 1 cd, never thought id be using that again, guess ill just get the shareware version.
sk8bloke22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-02, 08:36 PM   #69
StealthHawk

although with the two people who have tried using the shareware have experienced problems. maybe it doesn't work with the shareware
Old 09-16-02, 07:21 AM   #70
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Quote:
although with the two people who have tried using the shareware have experienced problems. maybe it doesn't work with the shareware
damn the guys at madonion, they provided a link to the damn thing... anyone got a self compiled copy of the public domain quake code they could send me

it must be thge shareware version, since quake 3 runs seemlessly on this box, and ut2k3 runs like a sonofabitch too

You have been warned.
My Blog
Old 09-16-02, 01:31 PM   #71
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

confirmed, the full version works fine for me

shareware version = dont touch!

You have been warned.
My Blog
Old 09-19-02, 07:21 AM   #72
Master

Quote:
The first version of the map will be released together with the next tenebrae version which will be early this weekend.
This is from the email that I have received today ! So we might have another version of Tenebrae this weekend !

GREAT !!!

Personally, I`m looking more to this than to Unreal Tournament 2003, which has disappointed me from engine standpoint due to low-poly count on characters and a lack of some cool graphics effects (at least playability is the same as old UT1).
But Tenebrae has it all. How come that UT2003 doesn`t have bumpmapping (or at elast I didn`t spot one) ???? And this was supposed to be better than doom3 engine...

I also hope that next version shall have smoothed character animation. But the rippling effects on water look unbelievably real ... (although they were having fun that you`ll need a GF6 to play it fast (probably over 10 fps :-) )

Master
Master is offline   Reply With Quote