Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-27-08, 11:39 AM   #1
HiCZoK4

Question Help me decide should I get 360

NOT ANOTHER 360 vs PC THREAD

I am thinking of buying 360, becouse of some great games But there is some things that bother me:

1.I have pc blood running in my veins for 12 years of pc owning Is here anyone else pcgamer who bought also console ? How does it feel ?
2.How do I avoid Red ring of death... Or maybe is this repaired in new consoles.
3.Is there a way to plug 360 to 226BW samsung display ?
4.Are demos avaible on silver or gold account ?
5.Tell me some pros and cons of having booth 360 and pc

Is it just worth of buying console if I have good pc already ?!
I am not good in making those kind of decisions and I never had any console In my entire life So I hope you guys here are going to help me choose right. Btw.I am good with gamepad, I play sometimes friends 360 and controls seems easy.

and one more thing. 360 and pc fanboys STOP. I want neutral anserws.
thx in advance !
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 11:52 AM   #2
jdspinna
Dad

Send a message via AIM to jdspinna Send a message via Skype™ to jdspinna
Default Re: Help me decide should I get 360

1.I have pc blood running in my veins for 12 years of pc owning Is here anyone else pcgamer who bought also console ? I did. Been a pc gamer since the 80's. How does it feel ? I really like the convienence of putting in a game and playing without any fuss. I would never go console exclusive though, I love my PC.
2.How do I avoid Red ring of death... Or maybe is this repaired in new consoles. Have not had an issue yet. I have the newer falcon MB in my 360
3.Is there a way to plug 360 to 226BW samsung display ? VGA cable.
4.Are demos avaible on silver or gold account ? both. For now new demos come out one week later on the silver account.
5.Tell me some pros and cons of having booth 360 and pcSame as I have said above. I like having both. Some games I would rather sit and play on my 360 and some on my pc. I have some a pretty high end PC so I have never had performance issues like some who have moved to consoles for that reason. I think if you enjoy gaming period you'll enjoy having a console around.

Is it just worth of buying console if I have good pc already ?! I think so.

Shall we play a game?
XBL = INdescript
PSN = INdescript
jdspinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 11:57 AM   #3
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdspinna
1.I have pc blood running in my veins for 12 years of pc owning Is here anyone else pcgamer who bought also console ? I did. Been a pc gamer since the 80's. How does it feel ? I really like the convienence of putting in a game and playing without any fuss. I would never go console exclusive though, I love my PC.
2.How do I avoid Red ring of death... Or maybe is this repaired in new consoles. Have not had an issue yet. I have the newer falcon MB in my 360
3.Is there a way to plug 360 to 226BW samsung display ? VGA cable.
4.Are demos avaible on silver or gold account ? both. For now new demos come out one week later on the silver account.
5.Tell me some pros and cons of having booth 360 and pcSame as I have said above. I like having both. Some games I would rather sit and play on my 360 and some on my pc. I have some a pretty high end PC so I have never had performance issues like some who have moved to consoles for that reason. I think if you enjoy gaming period you'll enjoy having a console around.

Is it just worth of buying console if I have good pc already ?! I think so.
+1

i got the three rings a few days ago. i dont have a falcon MB though. i got mine in mid-2006. from what i hear, the hardware failure issues are decreasing due to the smaller process and better cooling in the new consoles. the older consoles (like mine) still have issues, though.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 12:18 PM   #4
jdspinna
Dad

Send a message via AIM to jdspinna Send a message via Skype™ to jdspinna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
+1

i got the three rings a few days ago. i dont have a falcon MB though. i got mine in mid-2006. from what i hear, the hardware failure issues are decreasing due to the smaller process and better cooling in the new consoles. the older consoles (like mine) still have issues, though.
That sucks. Hope they turn it around fast for you and that you get a falcon back . My 360 seems not to run the fans as much as some of the first gen 360s I have played.

Shall we play a game?
XBL = INdescript
PSN = INdescript
jdspinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 12:28 PM   #5
HiCZoK4

So i would have to search for 360 made in late 2007 ?
Old 02-27-08, 12:33 PM   #6
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4
So i would have to search for 360 made in late 2007 ?
If you want an Elite model, yes. If you want an Arcade/Pro, all you need to do is find one that has an HDMI port. That will pretty much guarantee you a Falcon.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 12:35 PM   #7
HiCZoK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
If you want an Elite model, yes. If you want an Arcade/Pro, all you need to do is find one that has an HDMI port. That will pretty much guarantee you a Falcon.
that is a good tip
Old 02-27-08, 12:45 PM   #8
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

1.I have pc blood running in my veins for 12 years of pc owning Is here anyone else pcgamer who bought also console ? I had 360 back in early 2007 for 3 weeks, in those 3 weeks i used it for maybe 6 hours, mostly playing demos, PGR3. Back then media capacity was a joke, didn't see a reason to keep it around.How does it feel ? is ok, like i said, back then media capacity was a joke, noisy, if you come from PC, graphics on big 1080p screen are rather bad.
2.How do I avoid Red ring of death... Or maybe is this repaired in new consoles. you can't avoid it, while old consoles where more prone to it, new ones still break as well. I have a friend that runs a huge authorized repair center for xbox, xbox 360, psp, ps2. his entire building is filled with defective 360s.
3.Is there a way to plug 360 to 226BW samsung display ? not familiar with that monitor, but since 360 can have VGA out, you can do VGA to DVI adapter.
4.Are demos avaible on silver or gold account ? don't know, since i had it for a less then a month, i was using free month of gold
5.Tell me some pros and cons of having booth 360 and pc pro would be that if game is exclusive you can play on either system, and when game is out for 360 and PC, you always have the options of playing the game on PC for added adventages like better controls, free MP, AA, AF, better textures.

Old 02-27-08, 01:01 PM   #9
HiCZoK4

sorry guys I decided to stick to pc at least for a while. my friends 360 just crapped out with red ring when I was posting topic. (lol good timing)
Old 02-27-08, 01:12 PM   #10
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Yeah but how old was his 360? My Elite has had zero problems had it for about 5 months now.

Also if you want the true 360 experience I would have to suggest...

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 01:15 PM   #11
HiCZoK4

This looks great !!!
his xbox was 2006 about half of 2006
Old 02-27-08, 01:35 PM   #12
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I have a 360 and PS3... just for exclusive games though. If you're used to high res PC games then console games look pretty fugly on a large screen. Also, it annoys me you can't tweak them. Still, if there are exclusive console games you want to play and you have the cash, I would go for it... I actually suggest the PS3 because almost everything worthwhile on the 360 is also on PC and the PS3 has more console-exclusive titles, but that's your call...

One thing to watch out for is buying games you know will come to PC, you might end up getting them twice. I bought Gears of War on both, and will buy Mass Effect again on PC... you have to be patient or prepared to buy it twice, or just live with the inferior version.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote