Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-06-03, 02:04 PM   #1
welshboy

Default Where can i find the following

I've got Ret Hat 7.3 and have just recently got the game Racer for it (www.racer.nl ). It looks like a good game but I need the file libGLcore.so to run it because I don't have a nvidia card. Any ideas where i can get this? Any help will be great because otherwise i'm gonna have to re compile the game which i don't really fancy
welshboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-03, 02:06 PM   #2
volt

If you don't have nvidia based card, did you look for the drivers at least?
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-03, 02:11 PM   #3
welshboy

Default file is specific to nvidia

i've got the driver to my graphics card (A voodoo 2000) its just i need this particular file to run the game. if this helps its from the faq off the racer site:

Q: I get 'libGLcore.so not found' when running Racer.
The precompiled binaries are for nVidia card. The nVidia drivers comes with libGLcore.so. To get Racer running on other systems, you'll need to get other binaries (or recompile Racer on your system, which is not always trivial).

does this mean i need the nvidia driver as well as the voodoo one?
welshboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-03, 10:21 AM   #4
volt

Just get the libGLcore package (either from freshrpms or redhat network) and install them
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-03, 12:50 PM   #5
bwkaz

No, I really doubt that will work. The "libGLcore" package does not exist. libGLcore.so is a file distributed with the nVidia drivers (it used to be in the GLX package before they switched over to one installer); it does not come with any other packages.

You gave the solution in your own post:

Quote:
The precompiled binaries are for nVidia card.
And

Quote:
To get Racer running on other systems, you'll need to get other binaries (or recompile Racer on your system, which is not always trivial).
So start looking for binaries of Racer that work with your Voodoo card, or get the source and compile it yourself.

Even installing the nVidia drivers will fail. You don't have an nVidia card, after all.
Registered Linux User #219692
bwkaz is offline   Reply With Quote