Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-05-08, 03:23 AM   #1
torturedutopian

Default No more saturation/overscan setting for TV Out / Nvidia 8600 GTS ?

Hi everyone !

I have a really simple issue

When replacing my 6600 AGP with a 8600 GTS PCI-E, I noticed that many important TV-out settings had disappeared.

Like : colour saturation, overscan (zoom), among others. This is quite annoying, as the picture is a bit truncated (annoying for some subtitles) and too colourful

I was just wondering if this was to be fixed in a future release ?

Subsidiary question : would it be possible not to have to do "nvidia-settings -l" each time one logs, or one changes the screen resolution, to apply settings like "Sync to VBL" ? Getting a torn picture by default is, in my opinion, to be re-considered. Newbies (or just normal users) definitely won't have the idea to change this in nvidia-settings, then add "nvidia-settings -l" in their session. Also, this is a problem for me when launching a game in a second X server (a nvidia-settings -l on the second screen trigger a crash in X)

thanks a lot for listening ! cheers !
torturedutopian is offline   Reply With Quote