Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-07-08, 11:34 AM   #25
RaidenWoW
ಠ_ಠ
 
RaidenWoW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 737
Default Re: Free MMORPGS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
you can afford a 2g+ rig with XP and vista 32 bit but you can afford the $10 a month (if you sign up for 6 months) WoW payment?

That's $120 a year. $180 if you pay $15.

A regular PC game is $60 and you can play it as long as you want. WoW is a semi-ripoff.
__________________
ヽ(`Д)ノ
[/eVGA 8800GTS 640mb OC630mhz eVGA 8800GTS G92 eVGA 9800GTX G92] Gigabyte Radeon 6870 | Q6600 @ 2.92ghz Zalman 9700 45c-55c | Crucial M4 64g | eVga 790i Ultra [/Asus Striker Extreme]
RaidenWoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 11:38 AM   #26
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Free MMORPGS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenWoW
That's $120 a year. $180 if you pay $15.

A regular PC game is $60 and you can play it as long as you want. WoW is a semi-ripoff.
Yeah, it is. The biggest thing for me is that I don't know when I'll really get to sit down and really get some good playing time in. I start my new job on Monday and Lord knows I won't be able to play hardly anything unless it's the weekend lol. That's why I wanted something free.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 01:09 PM   #27
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Free MMORPGS?

Ok, so now I'm just stuck. I talked to the harp player in the middle of Briaka (whatever it's called) and he wants me to kill a huge butterfly and some "Blaverus King" . . . but I've searched high and low, only to find small creatures all around. WTF?
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 02:27 PM   #28
hirantha
SUC SUDO
 
hirantha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NY, Staten Island
Posts: 2,211
Default Re: Free MMORPGS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
Ok, so now I'm just stuck. I talked to the harp player in the middle of Briaka (whatever it's called) and he wants me to kill a huge butterfly and some "Blaverus King" . . . but I've searched high and low, only to find small creatures all around. WTF?
you gotta go to the corners all the way to the northW and northE and southW



see the circle fields in the corner? thats where they are at.
__________________
Intel i7 3770K
16 GB DDR3
Evga 670 SLI

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 03:12 PM   #29
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Free MMORPGS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirantha
you gotta go to the corners all the way to the northW and northE and southW



see the circle fields in the corner? thats where they are at.
Gotcha!

Hey guys, here is another fun MMORPG I just found. It's called "Cabal":

http://cabal.ogplanet.com/info.og?op=features

It says it's in beta but I beg to differ. There are tons of videos on YouTube for this one, so check it out and let me know if you are playing. FilePlanet has the best download speeds for it too.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 04:03 PM   #30
hirantha
SUC SUDO
 
hirantha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NY, Staten Island
Posts: 2,211
Default Re: Free MMORPGS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
Gotcha!

Hey guys, here is another fun MMORPG I just found. It's called "Cabal":

http://cabal.ogplanet.com/info.og?op=features

It says it's in beta but I beg to differ. There are tons of videos on YouTube for this one, so check it out and let me know if you are playing. FilePlanet has the best download speeds for it too.
yeah Cabal just became open beta week ago, is there a healing class in that game? looks like they all melee and 1 magic.
__________________
Intel i7 3770K
16 GB DDR3
Evga 670 SLI

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 04:22 PM   #31
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Free MMORPGS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirantha
yeah Cabal just became open beta week ago, is there a healing class in that game? looks like they all melee and 1 magic.
Hmm. Not real sure. I just downloaded and started playing this afternoon so I have no clue. It's been a little easier to find quest compared to 2Moons so far, but I haven't played enough to really get into it.

As far as 2Moons, I'm a Lv. 13 Azure Knight. It does bug me that I got look all over the place just to find one quest. Usually with WoW, Cabal or Fiesta, quests are easy to find. Oh well, just a personal preference I guess.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 04:30 PM   #32
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Free MMORPGS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenWoW
That's $120 a year. $180 if you pay $15.

A regular PC game is $60 and you can play it as long as you want. WoW is a semi-ripoff.
A regular game has a limited replay value, WoW doesn't...
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-08, 04:49 PM   #33
Tr1cK
not coming back
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,872
Default Re: Free MMORPGS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
A regular game has a limited replay value, WoW doesn't...
WoW also is constantly patched and added to. It's so much bigger now than when it launched.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 04:49 PM   #34
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?
 
thor1182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indy, IN
Posts: 812
Default Re: Free MMORPGS?

regular games don't get regular content upgrades/additions on a regualr basis... wow does
__________________
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 04:51 PM   #35
Tr1cK
not coming back
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,872
Default Re: Free MMORPGS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
regular games don't get regular content upgrades/additions on a regualr basis... wow does
HAH! I beat you!
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 06:23 PM   #36
Bman212121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,726
Default Re: Free MMORPGS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
Hmm. Not real sure. I just downloaded and started playing this afternoon so I have no clue. It's been a little easier to find quest compared to 2Moons so far, but I haven't played enough to really get into it.

As far as 2Moons, I'm a Lv. 13 Azure Knight. It does bug me that I got look all over the place just to find one quest. Usually with WoW, Cabal or Fiesta, quests are easy to find. Oh well, just a personal preference I guess.
Yea, it seems to be scaled down from what I've heard from my friends. I haven't really played any other MMOs but I found this one pretty easy to understand and pick up on what is going on. What you really should do though is take a look at the forums at acclaim, and also at http://2moons.mmosite.com There are some tutorials made by high lvl admins on acclaims site that give a decent guide to each character and a lot of different aspects of the game. MMOSite has a ton of resources for the game and can help you figure out a lot of how your skills work, what fortifying will do for you, etc etc.

I'm thinking of playing around with an AK as well, they have a lot of cool skills. They have 2 handed weapons, sword and shield, and I think they can also dual wield but I'm not sure. What makes them a great class is they have a fast heal skill, and they can take fairly well especially with a shield.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ZoneAlarm Free 10.2.064.000 News Archived News Items 0 06-26-12 12:30 PM
ZoneAlarm Free 10.2.057.000 News Archived News Items 0 06-18-12 05:40 AM
AVG Free Edition 2012.0.2180 (32-bit) News Archived News Items 0 06-12-12 07:20 AM
AVG Free Edition 2012.0.2178 (32-bit) News Archived News Items 0 05-29-12 06:30 PM
Getting your witchcraft and wizardry on for free News Archived News Items 0 05-12-12 01:00 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.