Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-12-08, 03:25 AM   #1
easoukenka

Default graphic corruption

When I open mythtv, mplayer, totem, etc the video playback is very distorted. It is mainly pink has lines running everywhere and is completely unwatchable. I can hear the audio in the background fast forward and all.

I noticed if I continue to open mplayer close open a few of them close just basically random click stuff eventually it will load up properly. I have been doing this with mplayer until it displays video then I load up mythtv and all is fine. Until I want to watch a video later.

If I restart the Xsession it will work perfectly starting it up right away. If I change the output driver in a program from xv my problem goes away however i don't think you can change the default output driver for mythtv when watching live tv.

Another weird thing is the display is green when opening in mplayer as you will see in the screenshot but it is pink when corrupted in mythtv. Either way when i take a screenshot outside of myth in mplayer it comes out fine.

Any ideas for me? Thank you all.

my post on ubuntu forums:

kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3092107.msg120645#msg120645

screenshot:
thebloggalaxy.com/temp/ss.png
easoukenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-08, 01:15 AM   #2
jdeslip

Default Re: graphic corruption

I think this was a bug that was fixed in the 169.* series. You might want to upgrade, although the series introduced other bugs for me like weird window decoration problems in compiz.
jdeslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-08, 09:45 AM   #3
nuclearwasted

Default Re: graphic corruption

I'm having the exact same problem running version 100.14.19 with a geforce 6200 on ubuntu 7.10. Problem happens with mythtv and electric sheep among others.
nuclearwasted is offline   Reply With Quote