Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-04-08, 07:32 PM   #1
varrius

Default Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

This game had a horrible launch. Nonetheless, it is now better than ever. All the bugs are worked out and it runs very smoothly. If anyone is looking for an MMO to hold them over until AOC or WAR, check this out. I play on the Sartok server as "Saltarg." All of the servers are merged into four now, so, population is very high. Give it a try.
8GB of Corsair XMS3 1440mhz 9-9-9-24 (2.0 volts)
2 Velociraptors drives in Raid 0
1 Blu-ray/HD-DVD SATA drive
Apple 30"
1200 PC POWER AND COOLING PSU.
Reserator XT.
varrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-08, 08:29 PM   #2
spirited1

Default Re: Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Quote:
Nonetheless, it is now better than ever. All the bugs are worked out and it runs very smoothly. If anyone is looking for an MMO to hold them over until AOC or WAR, check this out. I play on the Sartok server as "Saltarg." All of the servers are merged into four now, so, population is very high. Give it a try.

75% of the team working on it got fired. A few of the wiser ones remaining (Diplomacy guy, the Lore guy) have got up and walked. A handful got hired by Mythic and Paul Barnett was quoted as saying "They were like frightened rabbits caught in headlights when they came here". Nobody has been hired to replace those people, except for a few interns doing menial tasks.

The crazies that are still working on the game are overworked. A fortnight ago, when a select few were given their veteran rewards, everyone on all the servers got them in error. Mistakes like that only happen when YOU'VE GOT NO QA.

Guess what? Vanguard HAS NO QA.

Ellyra, Vanguards Community Rep and board Admin, wanted to round up a group of players (4 or 5) to play with last Friday night. Guess what? Nobody turned up. After a week of asking on the forums, nobody turned up. She said she got a pickup group to help her, but you know what, I don't even believe that. I think she tried for an hour then logged off because nobody was around. I couldn't blame her.

I could go on and on with these stories. Vanguard has got a shed load of them.

Vanguard has less bugs, and the performance has been addressed. I'll give you that. But it's taken nearly a year to do that. Hell, they only just figured out how to add helms last month, and could only do that by removing all the facial customisations. They haven't got any funds coming in, and they aren't spending anything on re-hiring badly needed staff.

Vanguard is in a coma, and nothings going to change that.
Old 04-04-08, 08:35 PM   #3
varrius

I disagree. I am in a group with two people as we speak. It is very fun, that's all that matters.
8GB of Corsair XMS3 1440mhz 9-9-9-24 (2.0 volts)
2 Velociraptors drives in Raid 0
1 Blu-ray/HD-DVD SATA drive
Apple 30"
1200 PC POWER AND COOLING PSU.
Reserator XT.
varrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-08, 10:10 PM   #4
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

no one's going to come back to this mmo after all trouble/frustations. well, maybe crainger will.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-08, 06:26 AM   #5
Elvin Presler

Have they announced the server shut down date yet? It has to be coming soon.

Just like http://www.autoassault.com/
Go ahead..click that link. POOF! Like it never existed.
Elvin Presler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-08, 03:33 PM   #6
nrdstrm

I have to agree with most of the above...Even if it turned out an AWESOME A+++ Game, I wouldn't play again...Brad was nowhere to be found leading up to and during launch. The main reason though, is the way they fired all of those people..."Everyone, we have a meeting in the PARKING LOT"...Then basically "Your fired"...Brad wasn't even there....What a pussy...

(Please keep in mind, until VG, I held Brad in the highest regard...What a dissapointment..)

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote