Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-08, 10:21 AM   #1
Lyme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,682
Default Ninja Theory goes multiplatform! Heavenly Sword 2 will have to wait

With Ninja Theory going multiplatform, and Sony owning the Heavenly Sword IP, questions abound concerning a sequel.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=34340

IMO this is good for Ninja Theory, as you can sell more games to a larger multi-platform market, than to a smaller single platform market.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-08, 11:27 AM   #2
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Ninja Theory goes multiplatform! Heavenly Sword 2 will have to wait

I bet their will be a sequal, Sony funded the original and I can see them funding the sequal. Sony isn't one to drop franchises quickly... if anything they are the most supportive 1st party when it comes to new IPs.

As for them going multiplatform, I bet its due to the IP they are working on, It's movie based.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-08, 01:09 PM   #3
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: Ninja Theory goes multiplatform! Heavenly Sword 2 will have to wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I bet their will be a sequal, Sony funded the original and I can see them funding the sequal. Sony isn't one to drop franchises quickly... if anything they are the most supportive 1st party when it comes to new IPs.

As for them going multiplatform, I bet its due to the IP they are working on, It's movie based.
Aren't they also teaming up with some other dev for that game? Or did I read it wrong? Wonder if it is that Cory Barlog (or whatever) "Mad Max" game or whatever the hell I read about a few days ago... or maybe I was dreaming... I don't know honestly.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-08, 01:23 PM   #4
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Ninja Theory goes multiplatform! Heavenly Sword 2 will have to wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Aren't they also teaming up with some other dev for that game? Or did I read it wrong? Wonder if it is that Cory Barlog (or whatever) "Mad Max" game or whatever the hell I read about a few days ago... or maybe I was dreaming... I don't know honestly.
It was one of those developers that worked with Sony in the past, Think it might have been Factor 5. This next game is from another publisher I believe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-08, 02:12 PM   #5
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist
 
Peoples-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 4,308
Default Re: Ninja Theory goes multiplatform! Heavenly Sword 2 will have to wait

Sorry to derail a thread in a way, but is Heavenly Sword worth choosing over Drakes?
Just that I have to choose a game for a bundle, and want to make it an exclusive.
__________________
For The Fallen
With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
England mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-08, 02:25 PM   #6
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Ninja Theory goes multiplatform! Heavenly Sword 2 will have to wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
Sorry to derail a thread in a way, but is Heavenly Sword worth choosing over Drakes?
Just that I have to choose a game for a bundle, and want to make it an exclusive.
Thats a tough decision... both are great games with awsome writing and story. Main difference is the games length and style. Do you prefer more a Gears of War gameplay or God of War? Heavenly Sword is very short though, thats its major downfall. It has no replay while Uncharted has tons of replay...

I would get Uncharted and then pickup Heavenly Sword used somewhere cheap.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-08, 05:38 AM   #7
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist
 
Peoples-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 4,308
Default Re: Ninja Theory goes multiplatform! Heavenly Sword 2 will have to wait

Cool, cheers for the heads up.

I do like the cover and shoot gameplay of Gears, Brothers in Arms and Army of Two so it seems it'll fit nicely.

Heavenly Sword is getting a rental.
__________________
For The Fallen
With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
England mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.