Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-26-08, 09:43 PM   #13
Dvahlish

Default Re: PATCH 2.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by glObalist
Didn't you know Dvahlish turned this subforum into her own private WoW forum?
Indeed I did!
Gives me something to read at work and I actually do like getting people opinions on things to

Personally...Im not overly impressed with the patch....dumbed the game down way too much, all the things that people used to strive toards have now been made achieveable by any 12 yr old kid.
A lot of the hardcore players I know have become a bit disheartend now and Im guessing it might be the end of playtime for quite a few ppl.
I myself am just waiting now for Wh online to come out then I think Ill be throwing it in myself.

I guess the one good thing was 2 min AV queue and we still kicked the allis arses.
*shrug*

Sorry..I didnt put "wo" in the title...I presumed that ppl that played wow would know this was aimed at them
Old 03-26-08, 09:49 PM   #14
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
I'm amazed this patch left the PTR.. they still had lots of weird issues and bugs that hadn't been stamped out.
Well...my bf installed th patch and now he cant play the game !!
Haha
he gets to the character page and goes to enter the game, then his pc just reboots itself.

Any one had that happen before?
Hes currently reinstalling the game...

Apart from that I havent had anyissues, but the Bgs were working last night and the kids are annoying now that they can post thier talents in general chat.
Hopefully that will all blow over though.
Old 03-26-08, 10:23 PM   #15
Ninja Prime

Supremus seems strange too, in kite phase he doesn't fixate properly and randomly stomps people between changes. :/
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-08, 05:28 AM   #16
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

This Online Warcraft crap will never take off! I'm surprised anyone is play it. Is it even out of beta yet? vim
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-08, 07:59 AM   #17
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

void rever is really messed up right now
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-08, 01:04 PM   #18
firehawk

What the hell did they do to the whirlwind sound......
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-08, 01:16 PM   #19
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

hehe, vr just got buffed to hard mode. Actually his pre-target for orbs was a bug and fixed. People are generaly assuming this is why boss mods no longer work, but its not. There IS a bug in that his orb warning text which apparently contains the targets name in the combat log is not being sent, so I guess atm there is only a vocal warning. It will be fixed in a future patch.

Until then, lrn2play?
Old 03-27-08, 01:29 PM   #20
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd
hehe, vr just got buffed to hard mode. Actually his pre-target for orbs was a bug and fixed. People are generaly assuming this is why boss mods no longer work, but its not. There IS a bug in that his orb warning text which apparently contains the targets name in the combat log is not being sent, so I guess atm there is only a vocal warning. It will be fixed in a future patch.

Until then, lrn2play?
yeah the switching target was a bug fix so he never turned away from the tanks to help with positional issues such as melee and back stabs.

now you get:

1. No warning you are getting orbed
2. Orb animated and orb damage that do not sync. I.E. you see the animation hit, and a second later you take damage, or you take damage, then a second later you see the orb hit. How do you avoid that.
3. 2 or more orbs that can get fired in a row at the same target
4. Invisa orbs (similar to issue 2)
5. A new random threat drop of some kind where he will randomly change the person 5th or 6th on the agro list. one of his prime random targets is healers... yeah how is that ever good?

they had the intention to add combat log entries for the orb targeting, so that is coming. as far as the random charging, I just don't know. Now the orb animation sync issues go away when you at least get a warning. Synced or not you at least know you need to move.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-08, 10:44 PM   #21
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

thro, actually that list is inflated by noobs who never paid attention to the fight in the first place. ^^

1. Orbs and exploshins often went out of synch. Can't tell you how many time I ran side to side from an orb not on me and suddenly an explosion from someone elses orb who I could not see an orb for. I've also seen countless orbs fall into the ground with no explosion, I can only guess it happened before I saw the orb.

2. back to back orbs, again plenty of times I have either been targeted with and orb twice in a row, or someone very close to me gets targeted after I do. Boom, 2 orbs in the same direction and reletivly same arc.
Old 03-28-08, 08:24 AM   #22
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Just noticed PW:S has a different, and very annoying sound..
Old 03-28-08, 01:37 PM   #23
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Lord General's Sword now makes the most disturbing noise when it procs, sounds like the death knell of some ancient sea monster.. very disturbing.
Old 03-28-08, 10:26 PM   #24
Son Goku

On the new isle, several guildies and non-guildies alike reported extreme lag issues; to the point they couldn't even move or control their chars movement. Dunno, for one of the people the issue subsided some, going into Magister's Terrace. Had to summon him to portal from the fp down there, he couldn't ride his mount it was so laggy....

All in all, I haven't had it this bad, but I have seen fps dip to like 12 fps, where I'm normally higher then that. He was getting like 3 fps. For comparison, shat gives in the 30s.

Otherwise, I think the layout on dailies could have been better planned out; such as putting the ali/horde on opposite sides of the isle, and giving multiple spawn points. As is, there's a literal sea of people, as shat has gone kinda empty by comparison (or did back at start of phase 1), and the entire realm hit sunwell. When phase 2 opened several days ago, there were so many people, without turning off names, one just saw a sea of blue, all blending together over the entire area.

The bombing is particularly bad, as having so many people do it; the mobs are practically always dead before one gets there; resulting in getting only 2 or so mobs a bombing. Now those stupid sorcerers are never alive this time of day. For the realm, it's still like 1 or 2 PM ST; not even evening for them yet.... Oh, and dropping a bomb and getting the error "you are mounted" is rather strange. Of course I'm on the stupid Belf flying mount thingie; it's part of the quest. Happened once today, and once yesterday.

Oh, and for now, with MT, for last boss.... Limit the party to 1 melee class, and if the healer isn't a priest then get a shadow priest for the blessing that heals the whole party at once. Might not happen to all; but when we went down, the floatie ball thingie that messes up gravity got re-caste 2 secs after we were back on ground. The damage from some of the attacks, were well in excess of what Blizzard reported it should be (which wouldn't have phased the paly healer so much, except he was left wondering about healign whole party at once, and getting 2 melee in to down it in < 2 secs). Replacing the enh shamy with a shadow priest downed it, even though the shadow priest died early in the encounter. That setup with 1 melee was doable however, and got 2 mins before the realm got another random restart we've seen every day since patch.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote