Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-31-03, 10:03 PM   #13
elanthis
Always Annoyed

Well, you're lucky then, because nothing I seem to do fixes my display; I have to power-cycle both the display and the machine. i think.

I havent' tested every single option because, frankyl, that would be way too much of a pain in the arse given all the power cycling/rebooting I need to do to test anything. ;-)
Old 07-31-03, 11:05 PM   #14
decay

Default Re: Re: still no go

[quote]Originally posted by capybara
[b]Wow, finally I found someone who has nearly my exact problem. See

I have had the same problem for over a year now.

I get a no signal on my Philips 180P.

It is getting better though, as I have no more lockups or cold boots, just exit X and the screen pops back.
decay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-03, 01:17 AM   #15
capybara

Default Re: Re: Re: still no go

Quote:
Originally posted by decay
I have had the same problem for over a year now.

I get a no signal on my Philips 180P.

It is getting better though, as I have no more lockups or cold boots, just exit X and the screen pops back. [/b]
So maybe it's not just something I misconfigured.

Decay, what card do you have?

Does anyone out there have a GeForce3 Ti 200 or something close working with DFP?
capybara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-03, 05:34 PM   #16
decay

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: still no go

Quote:
Originally posted by capybara
So maybe it's not just something I misconfigured.

Decay, what card do you have?

Does anyone out there have a GeForce3 Ti 200 or something close working with DFP?
I have a VisionTek 6964, Ti500

Ironically, a long time ago I put Windows on, and the DVI worked great.
decay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-03, 09:24 PM   #17
capybara

Default 2960 drivers work with DVI

The old 2960 drivers seem to work with DFP. So if you value your DVI more than 3d, downgrading might be worthwhile. Can anyone confirm this?
capybara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-03, 11:33 PM   #18
elanthis
Always Annoyed

Default in digital mode - wow

alright, so I got it working in digital mode. only, here's the catch - I have to use the nv driver. Also, I have to boot in DVI mode, which means I have to unplug the VGA cable during boot up (altho I can plug it back in after).

in order to get the nv driver to work, i had to set the CRTCNumber option to "1" (i.e., use the second monitor connection, which is the DVI plug). I also set FlatPanel to on, tho it seems to work without it.

I _still_ can't get the nvidia driver to work. However, the nvidia driver no longer locks up the machine or the monitor. If I try to foce the nvidia monitor to use DVI (set ConnectedMonitor to DFP), my desktop loads up (can tell by sounds/etc.) but I have a blank screen, mode light blinks then turns to orange, etc. If I exit X, the screen switched back to Analog mode, but stays blank - nothing I do except reboot (which I can do cleanly, since the machine isn't locked, and X has exited) will fix it.

If I boot in DVI mode, the same happens. However, if I boot in DVI (i.e., console is digital) and start X in analog mode (what the nvidia and nv driver both do by default), X loads fine, and works, etc. If I then exit X, or even switch to a console, the monitor auto-switches back to digital mode and things work fine - i can switch between console and X happily, and the monitor adjusts accordingly. I just can't for the life of me get it to fricken use DVI/digital mode in X with the nvidia driver.
Old 08-10-03, 11:40 PM   #19
elanthis
Always Annoyed

log w/ nvidia driver booting using crt display
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-crt.log (25.9 KB, 150 views)
Old 08-10-03, 11:41 PM   #20
elanthis
Always Annoyed

log w/ nvidia using forced dfp display
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-dfp.log (25.9 KB, 126 views)

Old 08-10-03, 11:43 PM   #21
elanthis
Always Annoyed

the config file used for the above logs. teh only difference is for the second log, the ConnectedMonitor DFP option was added.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xf86config.txt (0, 127 views)
Old 08-14-03, 07:43 AM   #22
Xin(tEb

Default Re DVI I/O

Hello all,

I encounter the same problem
Yes I have the nvidia geforce ti 200
and a 1702FP dell
I have installed the latest open source drivers form nvidia, they load well, and i change to "nvidia" in XF86Config
All works in D-sub output with correct tech specs added vert refresh and horiz synchro
ok
But when swithcing to DVI output -it works also in text mode-
in X, something readable appear i can see the desktop but all is green
(on windows 3 monts ago my cable DVI cable worked fine, so it's propaby not hardware problem)
Greeen like grass and pixelate 1 cm line?!?
Help...

Someone on Linux Questions says the problem can be resolved replacing by "vesa" the driver section in XF86Config
ok but what vesa means?
and does this trick will make my output use the nvidia video card or not
I haven't tried yet I need advice
Xin(tEb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-03, 11:03 AM   #23
elanthis
Always Annoyed

Default progress?

has any progress been made tracking down the cause of this problem? it's getting to the point I'm quite willing to sacrafice performance to get a card that will actually work in DVI mode - it's rather rediculous having a $600 monitor and a $300 graphics card when neither work together. guess which is cheaper to replace. ;-)

seriously, *anything* I can do to help expediate finding a solution to this, I'm willing to do. if there's any further tests, logs, etc. that I could provide that would help, please let me know so I can do so.

thanks nvidia linux devs. ^,^
Old 11-03-03, 05:08 PM   #24
int19

Send a message via AIM to int19
Default Same problem...

Seems that you guys are experiencing the same problem I am with getting the DVI panel working. I have a NEC LCD1850X and a PNY Geforce2 ti200
and the latest drivers that I can get to work for me is 3126. After that I get the slow startups (not fixed by the EID or connected monitor tips) and the greenish yellow colors. Something interesting to note is that I tried a geforce 2 ultra (hercules 3d prophet 2 GTS ultra) and not only did that not work with the new drivers, it hard locked the machine. I'll provide a startx --logverbose 5 log if there is interest, and I can send you (Andy) the machine and the monitor (sans hard drives) if you still need a test machine...

Richard
int19 is offline   Reply With Quote