Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-02-08, 02:03 PM   #25
mocharhw

Default Re: 169.12 'Blank' screen after deleting/recreating opengl window and context

Quote:
Originally Posted by managementboy View Post
do you mean all the ones at http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5324 or the small diff in the text file?
Aren't all the patches listed in the URL above already included in the latest 0.21 SVN checkout of Myth? If so I'm going to try the latest version later.
mocharhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-08, 12:34 AM   #26
markkendall

Default Re: 169.12 'Blank' screen after deleting/recreating opengl window and context

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocharhw View Post
Aren't all the patches listed in the URL above already included in the latest 0.21 SVN checkout of Myth? If so I'm going to try the latest version later.
Those patches were all generated against trunk and have been applied to the mythtv-vid branch. So if you want to check out code with them included, you'll need to switch to mythtv-vid.

That said, they should apply without issue to 0.21, 0.21-fixes etc (though I haven't actually checked)

FYI, I have another 9-10 patches almost ready for submission to trac and the code I am now using seems to be entirely stable, has much better performance and picture quality is improved (esp deinterlacing).

If you want to keep up to date on my latest ramblings, I've started keeping a log of progress and other useful info:-

http://www.btinternet.com/~mark_kendall

If anyone is interested, I'll try and pull together a single patch against 0.21-fixes.

Regards

Mark
markkendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-08, 03:55 AM   #27
managementboy

Quote:
I got around trying this setup today:
Mythbuntu Hardy
173.14.05 nvidia driver
patch for fixes in this thread
17416 fixes for mythtv

And nothing is fixed. Still black screen after first view, and random segfaults of mythfrontend.
Hi I am going to quote myself here. It is possible to get OpenGL to work with the above. All I had to do was:

apt-get source mythtv

then go into the new source directory. edit debian/rules and edit the configure options to look like this:
Code:
        CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS)" ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-lirc --enable-audio-alsa \                                
        --enable-audio-oss --enable-audio-jack --enable-audio-arts --enable-dvb \                                       
        --enable-ivtv --enable-firewire --enable-joystick-menu \                                                        
        --enable-opengl-vsync --with-bindings=perl --enable-opengl-video \                                              
        --enable-ffmpeg-pthreads --disable-xvmcw --disable-xvmc-vld \                                                   
        --disable-xvmc-pro --enable-xvmc-opengl --xvmc-lib=XvMCNVIDIA\
and remove the special configure options for AMD64 (that I use), especially "--enable-glx-procaddrarb". I have also added the short patch in this forum just for the heck of it, I have not tried without.

After that run "dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -rfakeroot" and the new packages should be on the way...

SD and HD work, but just sometimes (1 out of 10 ) the frontend locks up (manual kill needed) or the frontend just segfaults. no clue why.

Maybe a nvidia driver issue or a mythtv issue
managementboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-08, 04:16 AM   #28
managementboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by markkendall View Post
If anyone is interested, I'll try and pull together a single patch against 0.21-fixes.
please!!!
Old 07-03-08, 04:42 AM   #29
managementboy

Quote:
That said, they should apply without issue to 0.21, 0.21-fixes etc (though I haven't actually checked)
Just tried, they all apply to 17490 0.21-fixes

compiling worked like a charm... now I have to wait to go home to try it on the frontend.
Old 07-03-08, 05:48 AM   #30
mocharhw

Quote:
please!!!
Yes, I second that please! I'll try patching 0.21 fixes with those diffs later today.
Old 07-03-08, 06:49 AM   #31
markkendall

Quote:
Just tried, they all apply to 17490 0.21-fixes

compiling worked like a charm... now I have to wait to go home to try it on the frontend.
I'm not sure you'd 'feel the love' without the extra patches that aren't in trac Just checked them as well and had to apply a couple of chunks manually. So here's the full, gory detail of all 23 patches rolled into one against 0.21-fixes:-

http://www.btinternet.com/~mark_kend...engl1to23.diff

I can't check compilation myself without messing around with my qt installation but, fingers crossed, there shouldn't be any issues.

Cheers

Mark

(p.s. if you want to test bicubic upscaling, add 'openglbicubic' to the filters section of your display profile.)
Old 07-03-08, 08:24 AM   #32
managementboy

Quote:
patch applies perfectly... compiles.

Old 07-04-08, 02:09 AM   #33
managementboy

Quote:
and works. opengl video + opengl osd.

The frontend crashes once in a while for no apparent reason while opening a recording or video (just after selecting to view it). Any special way that I should report these crashes?

For anyone who wants to apply this fix:

Take the latest 0.21-fixes branch. Apply the glx13.txt patch then the 0_21_fixes_opengl1to23.diff patch. Make sure you don't use "--enable-glx-procaddrarb" in the configure script.
Old 07-04-08, 02:15 AM   #34
markkendall

Quote:
and works. opengl video + opengl osd.
Good

Quote:
The frontend crashes once in a while for no apparent reason while opening a recording or video (just after selecting to view it). Any special way that I should report these crashes?
How about a 'mythfrontend -v playback' log to start with. Do these crashes definitely just happen with opengl?

Regards

Mark
Old 07-05-08, 03:15 AM   #35
mocharhw

Quote:
I just tried this patch. It complies and installed clean with 0.21 fixes 17706. For some reason it had no effect on my OpenGL video blank screen problems, BUT it did fix my xv-blit renderer blank screen problems, so I give you a big THANK YOU! I can change channels and the OSD doesn't disappear on my anymore, nor does the video go blank.

Do the OpenGL fixes only work on the 173.xx driver? I'm still running 169.12 with a 7600GS.
Old 07-05-08, 04:18 AM   #36
markkendall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocharhw View Post
For some reason it had no effect on my OpenGL video blank screen problems,
As managementboy mentioned, have you also applied the one line fix from earlier in the thread to force GLX1.2? I forgot to mention that that patch isn't included.

Mark