Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-05-08, 02:22 PM   #37
mocharhw

Default Re: 169.12 'Blank' screen after deleting/recreating opengl window and context

Quote:
Originally Posted by markkendall View Post
As managementboy mentioned, have you also applied the one line fix from earlier in the thread to force GLX1.2? I forgot to mention that that patch isn't included.

Mark
No actually I didn't apply that. I thought that only worked for the 173.xx driver.

EDIT: Just tried it, no difference. I think it's because I'm on the 169.12 driver. xv-blit problems are solved though. Thanks.
mocharhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 03:27 AM   #38
managementboy

Default Re: 169.12 'Blank' screen after deleting/recreating opengl window and context

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocharhw View Post
No actually I didn't apply that. I thought that only worked for the 173.xx driver.

EDIT: Just tried it, no difference. I think it's because I'm on the 169.12 driver. xv-blit problems are solved though. Thanks.
Hi, yes you need the new 177 driver + 1 line patch + bigglpatch

status on stability: running it all week end without one crash (watching formula 1 for 2 hours etc)
managementboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 10:27 PM   #39
mocharhw

Quote:
Originally Posted by managementboy View Post
Hi, yes you need the new 177 driver + 1 line patch + bigglpatch

status on stability: running it all week end without one crash (watching formula 1 for 2 hours etc)
Ditto. No stability problems at all. Thanks again! Maybe someday I'll get daring and upgrade to the 177 driver.
mocharhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-08, 07:53 AM   #40
managementboy

Quote:
(p.s. if you want to test bicubic upscaling, add 'openglbicubic' to the filters section of your display profile.)
Hi, I tried the openglbicubic, but mythfrontend spits out that it can't find the filter...
Old 07-08-08, 09:45 AM   #41
markkendall

Quote:
Originally Posted by managementboy View Post
Hi, I tried the openglbicubic, but mythfrontend spits out that it can't find the filter...
My mistake - I realised yesterday that I hadn't applied the final patch to the 'unified' patch I posted. I'll post an update tomorrow (my dev box is down at the moment).

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback
markkendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-08, 12:29 PM   #42
drdaz

It also appears that Myth rejects your HW deinterlacers (0.21-fixes):

"Failed to approve 'openglyadif' deinterlacer"

I'll try removing the check for 'opengl' in videooutbase.cpp and see if it makes myth happy or sad ;-)

Seriously though, great work on this - I'm really happy to see significant progress on this part of Myth...

/drdaz

EDIT: It didn't allow the deinterlacer to be loaded. I'll try debugging it at some point...

Last edited by drdaz; 07-08-08 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Failed...
drdaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-08, 09:27 PM   #43
markkendall

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdaz View Post
It also appears that Myth rejects your HW deinterlacers (0.21-fixes)
Are you sure it's actually rejecting them? There is a longstanding 'feature' in the video playback code that rejects double rate deinterlacers early in initialisation and then 'approves' them later. You'll only pick that up with some verbose logging though.

Otherwise, is it rejecting just the opengl deinterlacers (all of them), or just the double rate ones (onefield 2x, kernel 2x, linearblend 2x) or is it just hardware yadif?

If the latter, it may be your hardware/driver combo doesn't support it (due to the size of the fragment program). I did however reduce the complexity of the yadif deinterlacer after I posted the 0.21-fixes patch so it now compiles on older hardware.

I've uploaded the latest diff against fixes which includes the better yadif code and enabling openglbicubic (but people may still need the glx1.3 fix) :-

http://www.btinternet.com/~mark_kend...engl1to24.diff

Cheers

Mark
markkendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-08, 02:44 AM   #44
drdaz

Quote:
Are you sure it's actually rejecting them?
No I'm not :-)

Quote:
Otherwise, is it rejecting just the opengl deinterlacers (all of them), or just the double rate ones (onefield 2x, kernel 2x, linearblend 2x) or is it just hardware yadif?
It's almost definitely the opengl deinterlacers - I usually use Yadif 2x. It 'rejects' both openglyadif and the double frame rate version.

Quote:
If the latter, it may be your hardware/driver combo doesn't support it (due to the size of the fragment program). I did however reduce the complexity of the yadif deinterlacer after I posted the 0.21-fixes patch so it now compiles on older hardware.
Meh... I'm using an 8500GT with 256MB RAM w/ the current official nvidia release (173.something).

Quote:
I've uploaded the latest diff against fixes which includes the better yadif code and enabling openglbicubic (but people may still need the glx1.3 fix) :-

http://www.btinternet.com/~mark_kend...engl1to24.diff
I look forward to giving it a try when I get home from work :-)

/drdaz

Old 07-09-08, 10:35 AM   #45
managementboy

Quote:
(but people may still need the glx1.3 fix)
that patch gets rejected after applying your 24 patch. I am compiling right now to check if it is still needed.
Old 07-09-08, 02:59 PM   #46
drdaz

The '24' patch includes the line:

gl_minor = 2;

It's just not inside an if construct. I'm running with the 24 patch atm and it seems stable. It's nice :-)

/drdaz
Old 07-10-08, 08:03 AM   #47
managementboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdaz View Post
The '24' patch includes the line:

gl_minor = 2;

It's just not inside an if construct. I'm running with the 24 patch atm and it seems stable. It's nice :-)

/drdaz
yes, works perfectly. Once in a while I get a segfault, but have not been able to been able to reproduce it. as soon as I get a good error message I will post it here.

thanks for the great patch
Old 07-15-08, 06:17 AM   #48
managementboy

Hi, if you want to check some funny errors, download some of the new TEDtalks (mp4) files. Sometimes the OSD changes colors sometimes mythfrontend crashes. This also happens if you have your DVB-S badly aligned and the MPEG2 file has lots of drop outs.

On the whole, if your imput recordings are good then there is no problem.