Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-10-08, 02:52 PM   #13
Absolution
AbsoUI

Default Re: Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for PC

I loved RS, R6 Vegas is alright, its just different. Much better than a lot of sheep FPS though.
Absolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-08, 03:31 PM   #14
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
This is what ticks me off, when you automically generalize all console games as "dumb down" because your favorite franchise was changed to appeal to a wider majority then continue selling to a strict few.

Rainbow six was "dumbed down" before it ever went to console. If I remember correctly both the original and Rogue Spear were able to be brought over to the PS1 and DC perfectly fine. Hell Deus Ex was brought over to the PS2 in the same fashion. They aren't "dumbed down" because they are being developed for consoles but rather to sell more copies... its to appeal to a far larger market then the little tactical shooter market.
Exactly, I've been saying this for a while... It's not consoles that dumb down games, but rather games going more and more mass market. Same thing with movies, in the 40's and 50's movies were more complex, required you to pay much more attention... as they got more and more greedy for more and more viewers, movies got dumber and dumber (mainstream movies I'm talking about here, obviously).

Ubisoft wants to sell more copies of R6, that's ALL this is about.

In any event, Vegas was still an excellent game, anyone who played it should know that. It's not a pure tactical shooter, but you certainly can't run n' gun through it either... takes some thought and process. You can be killed in one hit, and you're always killed in one hit on veteran mode. Better check those corners!

I'll be getting Vegas 2 on Steam.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-08, 04:19 PM   #15
LurkerLito

I rented it on the PS3 and I am going to return it and buy the PC version. Still I wish they'd give some kind of discount on Steam. It really still ticks me off there isn't even a preorder discount.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-08, 02:06 PM   #16
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito
Still I wish they'd give some kind of discount on Steam. It really still ticks me off there isn't even a preorder discount.
+1

I would love to buy it off of Steam for $40.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-08, 03:45 PM   #17
wysiwyg

vegas 2 graphics are crap

yes i do like decent graphics
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-08, 10:34 PM   #18
DRen72
Eastern Pipistrelle

V2 is on my list of "must gets". After that, its Mass Effect for the PC.
Storage: Corsair Force Series GT 265GB SSD / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB / Two Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB drives
Optical Storage: Pioneer BDR-206DBKS
Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi / Logitech Z-5500
Other: Antec P183 Case / Corsair AX-1200 Power Supply / Logitech G5 (v2.0) / Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
Console: XBox 360 Elite
DRen72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-08, 12:05 AM   #19
8900gt

Two AA Methods in Vegas2 Comparison

http://www.pczilla.net/post/294.html

We know that by the end of 06 Ubisoft Ubisoft's "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas," the first use of Epic's Unreal 3 engine, but subject to Unreal 3 engine birth defects, the "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas" is not in the game Video options which provide antialiasing options.

Today, we tested PCZILLA first time, "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2" PC version. We found that Ubisoft Ubisoft finally in the game menu option which provides antialiasing (Figure 1), a total of four anti-aliased level, None (off antialiasing), Quality Level1 (Quality 1), Quality Level2 (Quality 2), Quality Level3 (Quality 3).

We PCZILLA "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2" clearance to begin the first scene for quality evaluation contrast, the scenes including transmission towers, power lines, walls and so on the edge of the urgent need to deal with anti-aliased objects. Comparative quality evaluation using Radeon HD 3870 512MB graphics cards, with the official version of XP Catalyst 8.3 drivers, to carry out resolution 1680 x1050. We PCZILLA found antialiasing menu to select None, that is, closed antialiasing circumstances, transmission towers, power lines, the serrated edge of the wall is very clear that churn at 88 fps, the menu of options in the Antialiasing Quality Level1 (Quality 1) circumstances, transmission towers, serrated edge of the walls to improve the situation, but the jagged Line remains a serious situation, the same scene churn dropped to 59 fps, and efficiency loss of 49.15 percent in the Antialiasing menu of choices Quality Level2 (Quality 2) of the , transmission towers, serrated edge of the wall continues to be improved transmission lines zigzag situation has also improved, the same scene churn dropped to 58 fps, compared closure antialiasing circumstances, loss of efficiency 51.72%, compared Quality Level1 antialiasing performance 1.72% loss in the Antialiasing menu of choices Quality Level3 (Quality 3), the transmission tower, walls, the serrated edge of transmission lines basically eliminated, the same scene churn dropped to 54 fps, compared closure antialiasing circumstances, performance loss of 62.96 percent, compared Quality Level2 antialiasing, and efficiency loss of 7.41%.

Figure 2: Quality Level: None (off antialiasing)
Figure 3: Quality Level: 1
Figure 4: Quality Level: 2
Figure 5: Quality Level: 3

"Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2" built-in antialiasing function, in order to obtain perfect anti-aliased screen must be a loss of more than 50 per cent of the performance.

Catalyst 8.3 driver from the beginning, ATI catalyst for the driver of any built-in games Unreal 3 engine antialiasing functions. To this end, we specifically closed, "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2" built-in antialiasing function, a formal version of Catalyst 8.3 XP Unreal 3 engine built-in antialiasing function, which in the control panel settings catalyst xAA 4, use and quality compared to the first clearance above the same scene started. We PCZILLA found, and "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2" built-in Quality Level: 3 antialiasing mode compared catalyst in dealing with the built-in antialiasing functions transmission tower, the effect on the jagged walls slightly backward, and need to be carefully identify differences can be seen. At the same time, the same scene churn more serious losses, four built-in games than xAA antialiasing Quality Level3 antialiasing loss of about 22.72% effectiveness.

It is worth noting that, we found PCZILLA accident, simply use the built-in catalyst 8.3 Unreal 3 engine antialiasing function, a screen will light enhancement, closed or open the game built-in antialiasing functions can be enhanced with such illumination . Currently still can not determine which screen for screen rendering normal game. Ubisoft Ubisoft hope that the official or ATI Catalyst this team can give a reasonable explanation. (PCZILLA)
8900gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-08, 12:31 AM   #20
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8900gt
Two AA Methods in Vegas2 Comparison

http://www.pczilla.net/post/294.html (PCZILLA)
Nice to hear they actually put in FSAA this time!!!! Looking forward to a nVidia test.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-08, 12:32 AM   #21
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Glad to hear the game has a built-in AA option, though I'm more worried about performance. It was easy to force AA in the first Vegas, but it was a performance killer.
Old 04-12-08, 12:34 AM   #22
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero
Glad to hear the game has a built-in AA option, though I'm more worried about performance. It was easy to force AA in the first Vegas, but it was a performance killer.
Forcing AA also messed up shadows in first Vegas.

I see 16:10 in the top screen so hopefully proper widescreen is supported also in Vegas2.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-08, 12:37 AM   #23
8900gt

now shadow is ok with built in AA
8900gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-08, 12:48 AM   #24
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy
Forcing AA also messed up shadows in first Vegas.
Never saw that... did see some weird texture errors on rare occassion, but I assumed those were from the widescreen hack.