Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-24-08, 12:44 PM   #1
brady
I'm like everyone else.

Default Is anyone else uncomfortable with the GTA and GTA-like games?

I expect to get a lot of crap for this but I just thought it would be interesting to see if there's anyone else who has similar feelings.

Basically, I just don't like GTA or similar games. I can play GOW and chainsaw an ugly monster, play Crysis and shoot Koreans, play Splinter Cell and shoot an innocent while pretending to be a terrorist, but for the life of me I have simply never been able to get into GTA or any game like it. Somehow, somewhere the game crosses a line for me. Anyone else feel the same?

C2D @ 3.0GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 4GB DDR2 | HIS AMD 6990 4GB | OS X Lion 10.7 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 12:47 PM   #2
DiscipleDOC

Default Re: Is anyone else uncomfortable with the GTA and GTA-like games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady
I expect to get a lot of crap for this but I just thought it would be interesting to see if there's anyone else who has similar feelings.

Basically, I just don't like GTA or similar games. I can play GOW and chainsaw an ugly monster, play Crysis and shoot Koreans, play Splinter Cell and shoot an innocent while pretending to be a terrorist, but for the life of me I have simply never been able to get into GTA or any game like it. Somehow, somewhere the game crosses a line for me. Anyone else feel the same?
I do. I've never really voiced my opinion about that genre of games, but it disturbs me to have games that glorifies carjacking and killing innocent people.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 12:49 PM   #3
Zelda_fan

I don't really like GTA either. Don't think they should be banned, but I think the games are kind of retarded.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 12:56 PM   #4
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
I don't really like GTA either. Don't think they should be banned, but I think the games are kind of retarded.
+1, I don't really find GTA games that interesting. That said I may give this one a try and see if I can get into it. If not then oh well, at least I tried.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 12:58 PM   #5
brady
I'm like everyone else.

It's nice to know I'm not alone on this. With the sales figures of GTA games I figured I was the only human on the planet with no interest in the games.

C2D @ 3.0GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 4GB DDR2 | HIS AMD 6990 4GB | OS X Lion 10.7 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 01:13 PM   #6
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady
It's nice to know I'm not alone on this. With the sales figures of GTA games I figured I was the only human on the planet with no interest in the games.
there are millions of wanna-be thugs out there that will always boost the GTA sales. Normal human beings don't really have an interest in it.
Old 04-24-08, 01:23 PM   #7
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
there are millions of wanna-be thugs out there that will always boost the GTA sales. Normal human beings don't really have an interest in it.
So are you a wannabe boy in green tights?

I don't want to be a thug, and I am nowhere near "gangsta", but I enjoy the GTA games because of the free roaming, and GASP! THE STORY! The games do have storylines that can be good/decent sometimes. I don't just run around the whole time killing hookers. You must've never experienced a GTA game (they never made it over to Nintendo, so I guess I see why). I truly enjoy when I first play a new GTA, intro plays, and then you are dropped in on the character and you just look around... and you can go everywhere. Usually they place a nice bike/moped there for you to get on your way... it is just a fun experience. I don't play it and then go around thinking about getting a hooker, then killing her so I can get my money back. Or running over a bunch of people. It is just a game... I am mature enough to know that, others should be also. You do not have to be a thug to enjoy the game (hell, most of those guys are probably out actually killing, raping, stealing, etc. in the REAL WORLD). I can fully understand somebody not enjoying the series. But to say something like "Normal human beings don't really have an interest in it" is rather retarded.

Go back to playing your fairy tales and masturbating to Zelda, I will have fun with a huge city to explore.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 01:23 PM   #8
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

You don't have to kill innocent people in GTA you know. In fact in all the games its basically bad guys coming after you and like your other games you kill the bad guys. Regardless to each his own but I think its very silly to try and inject such a human element into a silly game like GTA yet you have no problem mass murdering in other games and probably watch the most violent of films.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-08, 01:27 PM   #9
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

I also don't like GTA, most of its pointless violence. There some games that might be similar but I do like. For example Mafia, in some ways it’s similar, but then also every different.

I know GTA are M-Rated games, but it does really seem like the target audience are teens.
Old 04-24-08, 01:28 PM   #10
HiCZoK4

It is just simple as that.
Gta style games are mostly retarded as hell but driving around and blowing everything makes for it. Offcourse if its not served as postal games, I cant stand How killing innocent can be a main rule of the game?

But as for GTA. Its fun to try some things in game rather than in real life. Like stunts and crashes. But I dont find Sadistic ways of killing everything what moves any fun.

Waiting for gtaIV
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 01:31 PM   #11
Destroy

Level of realism is not there yet for me to feel the same as OP. It's all too fake and canned.

If the gfx, sounds, etc, etc were totally life like then yeah, I would definitely start feeling the same way.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 01:37 PM   #12
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
So are you a wannabe boy in green tights?

I don't want to be a thug, and I am nowhere near "gangsta", but I enjoy the GTA games because of the free roaming, and GASP! THE STORY! The games do have storylines that can be good/decent sometimes. I don't just run around the whole time killing hookers. You must've never experienced a GTA game (they never made it over to Nintendo, so I guess I see why). I truly enjoy when I first play a new GTA, intro plays, and then you are dropped in on the character and you just look around... and you can go everywhere. Usually they place a nice bike/moped there for you to get on your way... it is just a fun experience. I don't play it and then go around thinking about getting a hooker, then killing her so I can get my money back. Or running over a bunch of people. It is just a game... I am mature enough to know that, others should be also. You do not have to be a thug to enjoy the game (hell, most of those guys are probably out actually killing, raping, stealing, etc. in the REAL WORLD). I can fully understand somebody not enjoying the series. But to say something like "Normal human beings don't really have an interest in it" is rather retarded.

Go back to playing your fairy tales and masturbating to Zelda, I will have fun with a huge city to explore.

Ever since I've joined this forum, I've always pictured you as a wanna-be thug who beats off to Michael Flatley. My opinion hasn't changed in the slightest.