Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-12-08, 03:13 PM   #109
DiscipleDOC

Default Re: Is anyone else uncomfortable with the GTA and GTA-like games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyy
Its only a game .. people who take this seriously are dumb and it's their own fault not the company making the games.
Also if shops actually would refuse to sell 18+ games to teenagers then they wouldnt be doing dumb stuff anyway, but yeah kids do dumb things and blame it on crap like GTA.

Also if they do get the games and are under 18 then parents fail.

Nuff said
You're entitled to your opinion...and I don't fault you for that....but calling someone dumb because they don't agree with you is really childish.

I do agree with you about the parents. Parents should know what their kids are playing...And if they have questions about a game, then they should do some research. With the age of he internet and all that it has to offer, a parent claiming ignorance is inexcusable.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08, 04:26 PM   #110
npras42
Hi Everybody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC
You're entitled to your opinion...and I don't fault you for that....but calling someone dumb because they don't agree with you is really childish.

I do agree with you about the parents. Parents should know what their kids are playing...And if they have questions about a game, then they should do some research. With the age of he internet and all that it has to offer, a parent claiming ignorance is inexcusable.
In the age of parental controls on absolutely ALL forms of entertainment makes it even less excusable.
npras42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08, 04:29 PM   #111
RaidenWoW
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero
GTA has never bothered me... it's pretty satirical. If you spend any amount of time with it you see it's parody, over-the-top, like South Park.

Saint's Row bothered me more, since it seemed to glorify gang culture in a more serious way... same reason I hate most rap music. Even then though, I believe very strongly in free speech and free expression... bring it on, I can choose what to play.

Same here. I like listening to the radio in GRA4 because they have a few funny spoofs.
Old 05-16-08, 10:44 AM   #112
HiCZoK4

Halo series on GTA4 Tv are great :P
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote