Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-24-08, 11:23 PM   #37
BronzeGod
Kanye West is emo

Default Re: Is anyone else uncomfortable with the GTA and GTA-like games?

How many of you idiots play Doom, Unreal tournament, Counter Strike, Team Fortress 2, Half Life, Command and Conquer without killing another player? Have you felt like killing anyone after playing?

Grand Theft Auto is not about killing innocent people if you've ever played any of the games. Innocent people just roam around. The plot is to eliminate the bad guys just like any other game you play. if you can't see that, you're ****ing stupid.

What do you all buy roll with high end gaming hardware? To enhance realism in your games right? Grand Theft Auto is one of the most advanced games on the market that allows major interaction between the player and an almost real world environment.

Life and death is natural. Get used to it if you want realism in games.

If you don't want realism, stop upgrading your hardware and give up playing video games. Hell, Team Fortress 2 has more gore than GTA.

Oh, and lets not forget our beloved Crysis. Yes, I too love punching innocent unsuspecting wannabe mililtia guard guys into deep space.
Old 04-24-08, 11:37 PM   #38
gravioli

How do the GTA games compare to Saints Row? I've never played a GTA game but I have played Saints Row, and I thought it was awful from the opening cinematic. Based off of all the comparisons I see people make between the two, I imagine the GTA games are similar.

With all the worthless parents out there, I don't think we need games that glamorize a criminal lifestyle.
Old 04-24-08, 11:40 PM   #39
BronzeGod
Kanye West is emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravioli
How do the GTA games compare to Saints Row? I've never played a GTA game but I have played Saints Row, and I thought it was awful from the opening cinematic. Based off of all the comparisons I see people make between the two, I imagine the GTA games are similar.

With all the worthless parents out there, I don't think we need games that glamorize a criminal lifestyle.
Basically a shady character eliminates the eviler shady characters. "Good" criminal vs. "Bad" criminal.

I also like playing as a skinny American teenager that runs around really fast with a shotgun and a steel club!
Old 04-24-08, 11:40 PM   #40
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravioli

Good point.
Old 04-24-08, 11:43 PM   #41
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Don't worry chaps. If you like the Grand theft auto series you are not a normal human being. I am sure if Zelda liked it you would be normal then.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 11:46 PM   #42
BronzeGod
Kanye West is emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_LoL
Don't worry chaps. If you like the Grand theft auto series you are not a normal human being. I am sure if Zelda liked it you would be normal then.
I shot a bomber out of the sky today in my hover tank when i was playing Planetside. 3 people were in it so i got like 2000xp for killing all 3!
Old 04-24-08, 11:55 PM   #43
gravioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronzeGod
Basically a shady character eliminates the eviler shady characters. "Good" criminal vs. "Bad" criminal.

I also like playing as a skinny American teenager that runs around really fast with a shotgun and a steel club!
A "good" criminal.
Old 04-25-08, 12:08 AM   #44
MowTin

"The Godfather" trilogy glorifies violence.
"The Sopranos" HBO series glorifies violence.

What about "Scar Face"?

Both games and movies offer a vicarious experience. You get a chance to be someone other than yourself for a little while.

But for some reason games get far more criticism than movies or books. There are plenty of movies or books about anti heros.

The simple truth is sometimes its FUN to be the bad guy. That's why every kid wants to be the robber when playing cops and robbers.

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-08, 01:44 AM   #45
3DBrad

I think the idea is very poor and tasteless as well.

Rockstar really does scrape the bottom of the barrel to get fans it seems, so they'll throw as much wantonness immorality in their games as possible, as apparently they don't have the skills to produce a good game, so they'll just cover that up with controversy.
Old 04-25-08, 02:04 AM   #46
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoudazo

Rockstar really does scrape the bottom of the barrel to get fans it seems, so they'll throw as much wantonness immorality in their games as possible, as apparently they don't have the skills to produce a good game, so they'll just cover that up with controversy.
I have to disagree with you. GTAIV has many technology accomplishments and they have pushed the bar even more for sandbox type games. It's already being hail over by many critics as one of best games Rockstar has ever developed. A lot said it's near-perfect or considered it a perfect game (meaning almost no flaws at all). It's a big step from last GTA game. They spent several years on this one, so it's rather dumb to say they have no skills to produce a good game. If they were to re-use the same old engine from last GTA game, and re-use animations, sound/visual effects, textures, and whatnot... then maybe you can say they don't have the skills to produce a good game.

Otherwise, go back to Medal of Honor: Airborne and enjoy masscaring Nazis.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-08, 02:09 AM   #47
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:

Just admit you are butt hurt that the GTA series sells better than PC games combined basically.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-08, 02:13 AM   #48
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:

Did someone at Rockstar kick your ass of something? You seem kind of bitter.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote