Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-25-08, 08:41 PM   #85
|MaguS|

Default Re: Is anyone else uncomfortable with the GTA and GTA-like games?

No matter your dislike for the game, R* makes more money in one single version of the game then Nintendo does with all the Zelda's combined...
Old 04-25-08, 08:46 PM   #86
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
No matter your dislike for the game, R* makes more money in one single version of the game then Nintendo does with all the Zelda's combined...
Does it make you feel warm inside that Rockstar makes alot of money on the GTA series?

Because I could honestly care less how much Nintendo makes on Zelda. I just want them to make sequels.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-08, 08:49 PM   #87
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
Does it make you feel warm inside that Rockstar makes alot of money on the GTA series?

Because I could honestly care less how much Nintendo makes on Zelda. I just want them to make sequels.
Yes because Rockstar deserves the money they make from it considering how much effort and advancement they put into each title, unlike Nintendo who just reskins the game and rereleases it.
Old 04-25-08, 08:52 PM   #88
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Yes because Rockstar deserves the money they make from it considering how much effort and advancement they put into each title, unlike Nintendo who just reskins the game and rereleases it.
my point is why the **** do you care that a company you have zero connections to is making money? I mean, if you worked at rockstar I could understand, but it's like, why do you even care?
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-08, 08:54 PM   #89
|MaguS|

Quote:
my point is why the **** do you care that a company you have zero connections to is making money? I mean, if you worked at rockstar I could understand, but it's like, why do you even care?
Because they are good for the industry that I love and support? Without them an entire genre wouldn't be as popular as it is...
Old 04-25-08, 11:00 PM   #90
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

Quote:
I feel sorry for losers that spend 30+ hours a week playing GTA.
30 hours a week? Sh1t, I wish I had that sort of free time.

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-08, 04:37 AM   #91
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

30 hours a week? lol... where do these people find the time.

Saying that, the warcraft bunch don't seem to have much trouble. Global Obesity rates rocketed when that came out.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-08, 07:15 PM   #92
XDanger
Whaaat?

Vice City was my favorite

I like the music and radio shows, san andreas less so.

Is GTA (original) hidden in GTAIV somewhere? They shoulda if not.

If one moron learns that you can get away with shooting strangers point-blank in the face in broad daylight and get away with it by stealing a car and driving around for a minute then its probably a bad thing, Ah well.

Old 04-28-08, 08:49 AM   #93
TheANIMAL

Well at the moment GTA is being described as more indepth and slightly less brave than old GTA's. Which means that as an overall package its slightly less controversial, the fact that you CAN pick up hookers and visit strip clubs is just part of the overwhelming chioce you have.

The main character is described as a "good man who has seen and done bad things", the sort of serial killer you could trust with your daughter, eeerrrrm...

The fundamental formula has remained the same but the level of intelligence has been upped considerably from its predecessors. Now i don't know whether this is because Rockstar has listened to concerned parents or maybe its just trying to improve the appeal of the game but i think there is less to worry about than previous GTA games.

The cinematic moments of the game could hold there own against the cinema industry so the visuals are gorgeous. The level of detail and the immersion offered by the game is enough to get almost ANYONE into this game, fans or even GTA haters.

There is alot of focus on social building, making freinds is quite important in the game now, building trust etc has its benefits.

The freedom of the game has reached such a level that you could play the majority of the game whilst avoiding doing anyhting that would be considered the classic "GTA contraversial".

I really dont think there is as much to worry about as people make out; killing which is the primary element of most games is the staple diet for GTA aswell.
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-08, 11:04 AM   #94
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

If you are against GTA, then don't play it. I'm all about GTA and won't take it to heart, running people over with my car and shooting random innocent civilians. Only idiots would "learn" from this game and do things like that in real life. "But GTA will make you more gangsta!" Wow . . . Why does that make you more gangsta? Just because Snoop Dogg plays it? Haha!

I believe that GTA4 will raise the bar in detail depth (yes, right there along with controversy lol). But you know, if you aren't going to play that, then why do you care? "OMG! My kids are going to play this and they will kill everyone at their school!!!!11" Guess what oh so concerned parent? DON'T LET YOUR KIDS PLAY THIS GAME! There is a rating system for a reason.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-08, 08:27 PM   #95
MowTin

Well, the reviews are in GTA IV is possibly one the best games of all time...

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/793.../articles.html

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-08, 11:59 PM   #96
BronzeGod
Kanye West is emo

GT

threadfail